11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 606
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3903
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87806
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3258
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3480

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Rotten Apples, Begone
http://rottenapples.talisancreations.com...otten.html

He reviews and reveals the "fun-side" of retail WoW RP.

Call this guy an asshole all you want, but deep inside you know he's right.

Read these and you might keel over. Once or twice. Every sentence.

I know I did.

TIP: Scroll down and look under the Past Victims on the right hand side of the page...Obelisk is a good chuckle.

I don't feel bad for these "victims" either. They were ignorant for even reading the slightest bit of lore OR the description of the main use of FlagRSP.

Tell me your favorite(s).
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
PM
Oh wow, that's godawesome.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
PM
Read the first lines, then went *shrug* and stopped caring.

Really, in all honesty? Let the retail people RP how they want, they have no awesome GMs like us to enforce the rules, or actually keep people in line and making sense. I know I'll get killed for it, but heh.. Those are my two cents. You've got to admit, they have creativity to write such descriptions. (Admittedly, I only saw the first one and that of Obelisk, but it's twenty times longer then what I've seen on here)

Again, agree or disagree, it's my opinion. :wink:
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Oh this isn't something for you to care for or not.

It's something to read, chuckle and facepalm over and over and over again. Hehe.

You don't need to "care" to do that, right?
PM
This . . . isn't . . . a . . . joke?
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
PM
... MY EYEEESSSS

And I half expected Leonidras to be a dude...
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
After being on coth so long, I can't even stand retail rp, i tried, just can't do it, it doesnt make any sense, no1 does anything right! XDDD Though I will admit when I feel like i wanna be OP i go on retail and make a dragon or mountain king on moonguard, best part is, no1 cares! haha.
PM
I didn't realise this until now.
Facepalming is possible while laughing.
Laughing hard, to be accurate. But let us mourn those poor, poor people in the retail RP servers..
Anyway. Bwhah! :D
PM
Once upon a time, I RPed on retail.

It was not a horrible experience. I actually knew Ulteo back on my home server (which I'd been with during release). I was there for the vamprie infestation of Goldshire, way back in '05 or '06, and I can rightly say I participated. That sort of thing is behind me now, and I'm a much better roleplayer for it--but it was amidst the squirming masses that I learned anything close to proper sentence structure or what RP even /was/.

Then, in TBC, I smartened up and started rolling characters that made sense. They weren't strong with lore, but at the very least I wasn't a vampirate from another dimension, yeah? Unfortunately, some people on retail seemed to have perverse sexual lust that would send Chris Hansen running for his life (or draw him nearer; I should set up a Hansen trap). Thus I quit playing to avoid certain peooooopleeee. . . .

AND THEN I CAME BACK FOR WOTLK AND A LITTLE BIT OF THE END OF TBC AND IT WAS GLORIOUS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY READ MY LORE.

But by then no one on Feathermoon RPed and I didn't have the money for a server transfer (nor would my parents allow it even if I did, I don't think). And I couldn't be arsed rolling a new character, so I complained loudly over vent to friends. Thus, I found CotH. But before I found CotH I found RPers that belonged on CotH but didn't know/didn't care it existed. They were cool.

Edit for on-topic: site bookmarked. I think I've seen it before, but then I forgot about it. Thanks.

And that is the story of how I got to be a good RPer.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: Retail RP is not that bad when you're one of them, and you can learn from it just as well as you can from sticking your neck out on CotH. I don't see why people really have such a problem with retail. Even though this site is hilarious, the culprits there are just the ones that don't want to learn to read--plenty of people play retail, maybe because they like the game, and that doesn't mean that everyone on retail is automatically a failure RPer. I learned everything I know from RPing on retail, and I think I turned out alright--so don't groan and shudder when you hear "retail RP" because it's not that bad just because you have no one to police you.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
PM
Aruen Wrote:Read the first lines, then went *shrug* and stopped caring.

Really, in all honesty? Let the retail people RP how they want, they have no awesome GMs like us to enforce the rules, or actually keep people in line and making sense. I know I'll get killed for it, but heh.. Those are my two cents. You've got to admit, they have creativity to write such descriptions. (Admittedly, I only saw the first one and that of Obelisk, but it's twenty times longer then what I've seen on here)

Again, agree or disagree, it's my opinion. :wink:

Word. :) But that WAS funny!
[Image: badge.jpg]
I don't see how that is, I've never played a mage past level 10!
[Image: badge.jpg]
SERIOUSLY?!
PM
Quote:Curiously enough, it had been her pet Ravager whom took quite a fancy to Obelisk. They decided once to try and quest in battle, having a secret lust for one another, they had hoped that perhaps one of them would burst and proclaim it.

Just how ugly do you have to be to get a ravager to have a secret lust for you? And how perverted do you have to be for it to be mutual? Just when you think the internet can't invent a more disgusting fetish...

I laughed for a good ten fricken minutes at that line alone.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Hehe.

Just for the record! I don't condone or support this Jacob Matthews in any way.

It's just something I thought I'd share with you all and hopefully we can all show Blizzard why private servers like "CoTH" should be allowed their existence!
PM
This is grand!

It brings back memories of my old retail server.
Little by little, one travels far.
PM
To start off: This guys is an asshole and the way he writes about people he deserves to be shot repeatedly in the kneecaps.

But that aside.. I laughed so hard at Obelisk xD
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
PM
That was pretty funny and very outrageous, I liked it. I have to say that the site was actually very helpful for a WoW/RP noob like me.
By the way, I don't think it is right to criticize or diss people who make Vampires, Dragons and such for roleplay, I mean they are paying to play the game as they want to, right? So if they enjoy roleplaying with their overpowered anime-emo inspired characters, who are we to diss them for that?
or is my brain all messed up?
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
PM