08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 359
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2633
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85228
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2204
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Rugaas(Draenei)[Death Knight Lieutenant]
Please do not put time limits on us. We will get to it when we can. Asking in such a manner can come off as rather rude to us.
PM
I am very sorry, if my request to push things slightly faster is offensive. All I am saying that by the end of the week I wont be able to continue editing this profile.
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_mw3mwwCGmB1spfzzdo1_250.gif]
Brothers and sisters of NOD, I welcome you to planet C&C.
PM
Alright, I'll comment on the skills first.

Quote:Shadow Fall – Stops Death Knight’s fall enough so he/she wont break his/her legs, but also might be able to deliver a nice dramatic entrance or powerful hit from above.

This seems to be a twist on the slow fall skill a mage has. While it's interesting, skills from other classes shouldn't really be meshed in. Unless they have a skill that does this, I'm not all too sure about this one.

Quote:Advanced corpse manipulation – Allows Death Knight to manipulate corpses or parts of the corpses to his/her liking or needs, useful when fighting or improvising weaponry.

I'd like some clarity on what exactly this does. Does it turn bones into swords or something? Or just make the bones really sharp? I'd like to see a couple of examples on just what this skill can do.

Quote:Improved Grip – No cooldown for Death Grip and ability to use two Death Grips at once. Can use Death Grip to toss people or people sized objects around without much effort.

Two death grips would make it impossible for him to hold a weapon, you realize? I would drop it just down to one, where the improvement is that he's able to use it to toss people/objects. Death Grip cannot do that normally, it pulls things to you and that's about it. So allowing it to be controlled in such a manner is an improvement all on its own.

Quote:Stronger Will – Resistance to Mind Control.

By resistance you just mean its harder to use mind control on him, correct? Keep in mind you can't force people to take a roll negative on trying to do this, however you can put it into play in events/trust combat.

Quote:Smell of Death – Allows Death Knight to be able to smell any rotting corpse from long distance, even if corpse is underground, it helps with rising corpses or finding dead bodies. It is ability, which is casted by a nose. Useful to track other Death Knights or undead in general, as it is basically sense undead. Side effect can’t smell anything else, even if ability is not active. Distance is 100-150 yards for really rotting corpses, for not rotting or just a bit rotting ones it is 40-80 yards.

I would change this so you can only sense things that are dead dead. No tracking death knights and forsaken unless they've been killed.

Quote:Stream of Undead Healing – Death Knight can heal himself/herself or fellow undead without hurting them. Spell does all that is needed to restore functionality of the dead body, yet must be channeled, the more damage it needs to heal, the longer it needs to be channeled, in case of near death it might take half a day. Side effect, wounds must be 3 days fresh. If more time then 3 days has passed, after being wounded, spell will not heal fully.

I would add on that getting attacked interrupts the channel and he'd have to start over, else in roll battles it would be a bit over-powered.

Quote:Captured soul essence – Rugaas has two gems that are enchanted and large enough to host enough essence to perform a resurrection. Drawbacks for this resurrection: For first day of resurrection resurrected person is in deep sleep, does not effect undead. For a week resurrected person has nightmares of many souls fighting for control of his/her body, yet resurrected person will win eventually. For two weeks resurrected person has hard time focusing, remembering, his body, soul and mind are exhausted. For three weeks resurrected person cannot remember what happened day when he died and day before. For a month resurrected person is unable to wield any kind of magic and has difficulty fighting in general.

Like with shadow fall, this is pretty much the warlock soulstone skill. I understand DKs have a resurrection, but I would find a different way to bo about it than trapping someone's essence to revive them, as that's just kind of taking the warlocks thing. As well as I'd like for the people who were resurrected to decide what drawbacks their character gets.
PM
Alright. I am very sorry, but school sneaked up to me and I will have to put this away until later. Once I will return this will be finished, one way or another. Hope to see you soon and agian, sorry for that request to make things faster, that was stupid of me, since now I can't complete it.
Spoiler:
PM
Updated as requested, sorry for asking to hurry up and then not being active for some time.
Spoiler:
PM
So, looking through this again, I'm noticing there's a lot of stuff that you were asked to change that didn't get changed. Let me point a few out:

Quote:With outpost established and new leadership on the way, Rugaas received other orders: to prepare his men and move into another area that requires great military presence due to wild animals.

When Rugaas and his unit finally reached the outpost what they saw was terrible: houses that needed repair, most of population not fit for duty due to their wounds, peacekeepers protecting what was left after predators of the wild smelled blood.

I mentioned that it wasn't going to fly that these outposts had been so damaged by wild animals that the majority of the population had been injured, and they needed to bring in soldiers to defend the outposts. It just doesn't make sense.

Quote: Rugaas was in a cage, two days without water, food and lightly injured. Few weeks of slow and painful travel, while avoiding orcs, they reached safer settlements, where Rugaas was healed up, recovered fully and returned to defending his people. He knew his daughter survived, his wife was already dead and his parents are still possibly alive, yet he focused on defending everyone, including his family.

This is exactly the same paragraph I mentioned in my first post. You need to explain how he escaped.

Quote: With his known skills in battle he was given small group of draenei to represent them in Alliance army.

What do you mean by this? He was representing all of the draenei because he was so skilled? Because that's not going to work. He can certainly be part of a force given to the Alliance, but he can't represent the whole race with this small group he leads.

Quote: Arthas placed him in high ranks and made him be front line leader that would raise his own army. Upon reaching Light’s Hope Chapel Rugaas received vision of Narru, vision that made him turn sane and be free of Arthas influence.

You cannot have Arthas personally place your death knight in a high rank, to "raise his own army." Sorry, but it's not going to work. He also cannot receive a vision of the Naaru to free himself of ARthas's control. The only way he and the other knights are freed is when Tirion attacks Arthas with Ashbringer and disrupts his control over the Ebon Blade knights. There's no other way around this, I'm sorry, but I did mention this before.

Reigen also requested you remove the soul essence ability, as it's essentially a warlock spell as it is now. You also cannot dictate what drawbacks someone you resurrect receives, though examples of possible ones are alright.
PM
So, I updated it agian.

Now for a bit of clearing up things.

Anoree was allowed to escape slaughter, while Rugaas was captured. He was left in a cage as orcs moved forward. Draenei scouts, sent by Rugaas to bring bad news to others, finally returned and seeing that settlement has fallen they looked for their leader. Rugaas was in a cage, two days without water, food and lightly injured.

So, for me at least, from reading this I understand that scouts returned and helped Rugaas getting out of his cage. They were looking for him, help me out here, not sure what is actually wrong.

For Essence thing, well. I changed it into more darker version. All I want is for him to be able to resurrect living things as well as undead.
Spoiler:
PM
Quote:Draenei scouts, sent by Rugaas to bring bad news to others, finally returned and seeing that settlement has fallen they looked for their leader. Rugaas was in a cage, two days without water, food and lightly injured.

Righto, my apologies! I thought the orcs had taken him with them. That's how I read it.

Please specify what, exactly, you mean by "visions of the naaru." Did Rugaas just have a sudden inspiration, or did a Naaru actually send him, specifically, a vision to save him? Because, that last bit isn't going to work either, unfortunately. I'm sorry to nitpick about this so much, but that's the way it is.

I understand that you changed the essence a bit, but the point we're trying to make is that it's still, essentially, a warlock soul gem. I don't think stealing souls as a DK is the way to go about resurrections with them, particularly as they have a base ability now that revives a corpse, living or unliving, via unholy magic. There's no need for it to be soul-based.

Think about it!
PM
Removed part that looked too much of warlock ress.

Added to this part of text.
"As a Death Knight, Rugaas finaly found magic he was more than able to wield. It was unholy mixed with shadow. He easily learned how to raise ghouls and managed to climb up ranks quickly. Upon reaching Light’s Hope Chapel and was freed by Tirion. Few days later Rugaas received vision of Narru, vision that made him turn sane and be free of “Hunger” influence. These visions were memories of his past, his past as a defender, as a father, as a husband, as a leader. When he received these visions he also felt Gift of The Naaru, coursing through his body, causing him pain, but once it stopped he saw things clear, he almost returned to what he used to be, yet not all memories returned."

That was all I changed, removed and added a bit. Nothing else was changed. Updated as requested.

Also a question, so as a DK I can resurrect or should I add it to abilities?
Spoiler:
PM
Yes, Cataclysm gave Death Knights a resurrection spell. It's a standard ability.

Thanks for cooperating!

1/2
PM
Actually, something I missed, unfortunately!

Quote:vision that made him turn sane and be free of “Hunger” influence

The Hunger isn't something you can free yourself of, particularly by remembering your past. Death Knights always feel the Hunger, unfortunately, so that's going to need to stay.

And the visions are just him remembering, right? It's not being sent by a Naaru?
PM
It's him rediscovering Gift of The Naaru spell, hurting himself, but also getting reminded of the past. Naaru isn't watching him only, but it's like a light wind from them, almost saying:"Hey, lost sheep, return to the herd, grass is greener here." It isn't like:"You will return to our glorious army of light and do great many things."
Spoiler:
PM
Can't he be special for his resistance to "Hunger" as well?
Spoiler:
PM
No, unfortunately. There's no death knight that's ever been 'freed' from that conditioning, that I'm aware of. The Hunger is something all death knights suffer from.

But, as well, that Naaru 'wind' is still a Naaru reaching out to Rugaas and bringing him back. That can't happen. I'm sorry to have to hammer this in again, but a Naaru cannot interfere and 'fix' anything to do with Rugaas. Do you understand what I mean?
PM
If you find anything saying he was affected by naaru, point out. Deleted as much as I could find, at this point I am not going to even try to add something. Tell me what needs to be gone, it will be gone.
Spoiler:
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Folion [Draenei Death Knight] Gunnash 9 966 01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Lak'tuk [Orc Death Knight] Snuggley 9 862 12-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Joz'luz'fon [Drakkari Death Knight] Kira13 10 314 09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Ural
  Gurgand (Death Knight) Wujen 4 284 08-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Anera Solarius [Blood Elf Death Knight] MstrCorvus 10 442 07-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Dilly