[-]
Main Menu
Portal
Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sourpuddle
08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 391
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2857
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85653
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2408
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3414

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Second Sight
#31
The Blood Elf grinned, baring sharp, crowded teeth as Ceredor started jogging. She followed just behind him at a leisurely pace, and when he truly broke into a run, she did as well, at his heels. To her, running felt free, it was liberating, it was akin to an almost effortless flight.

The speed and the regular thump of clawed feet on the ground induced in her an almost trance-like rhythm, and eased her worry that her pupil just might collapse. The world around them shifted until to her, there was only the run. Just like so many years ago...

As they started going Southward, through Ashenvale, she smiled.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#32
Ceredor seemed uneasy as they neared the border into the Barrens. He kept a steady pace, heading through a hole in the Horde walls and now traversing into the desert lands that were the Barrens. There would be miles of nothing but dirt and dust and the random animal here and there.

He would look around with a frown as they ran on. This was not his home. There was no greenery, no towering trees, no beautiful lakes.. He had left his home. He frowned and told himself, "I have no home now" softly and just went on, now seeming more focused on the run, his uneasiness beginning to dissipate. He looked forward and his gaze did not stray as he ran through the sandy hills.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#33
Theleniel felt the heat rise. She bared her teeth as she ran and took calm, deep breaths, not slowing down one bit, despite the discomfort of having a sun beating down on her already unnaturally-warm flesh.

A thought made her smirk as they ran through the Barrens: At least it wasn't Hellfire Peninsula. She burst into a quiet chuckle, speeding up a little further. The heat here was nothing compared to glowing rock underfoot, and geysers of molten rock, sulfur and saltpeter that Outland held. And the rage - the silent seething deep within, a beast awakened by the warmth, was channeled into a much deeper longing than that for combat and death: The desire to watch Ceredor succeed.

He'd probably never know it, she mused as she ran, but there was something to be said for a Kaldorei that accepts to study under a Sin'dorei. There's dedication in that... Or idiotic stubbornness. But, history had taught Theleniel: Every warrior needs a bit of both to achieve greatness.

But there was still a fair way to go, and her Spectral Sight was set on the Kaldorei at whose heels she ran, watching for any sign of weakness or misstep...
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#34
Ceredor kept silent as he ran, eyes occasionally scanning around for any type of Horde patrols or any other types of threats. So far, he did well avoiding everything that could be a threat. They were most like entering the southern Barrens now, and his body's aching was beginning to set in. The elf was fit and quite athletic, but with the trial before, he had not gotten any chance to rest, so he was already drained of some strength. His pace slowed slightly, but he refused to stay at that pace. He pushed his body. The Kaldorei knew he wasn't at his limits yet. He didn't know them, but he could take much more.

In the distance was a Horde patrol but they didn't seem to notice the pair, so all was going well, luckily. Not straying too close to the Silithid hives or the Quillboar villages, but also staying away from the main roads. There was still a run to go, but the travel through the Barrens was nearly complete..
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#35
The Demon Hunter kept right on the heels of her pupil, her thoughts meandering to eldritch places. Still, she glanced around, just to make sure Ceredor wasn't running them into a mountain, and smiled.

The Barrens would be over soon. After that, just the Shimmering Flats and Tanaris to Steamwheedle Port. That is, if Ceredor didn't collapse of exhaustion first. Somehow, though, the Blood Elf didn't think he would... A grin spread over the features of her face as she ran. She seemed to be enjoying herself...
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#36
The edge of the Barrens was coming but there was something he had not accounted for.. The Horde Lift that went down to the Shimmering Flats. He saw the outpost in the distance and it was still a ways away, but he was now completely baffled as to what to do. He looked back at his mentor, "The Lift..?"
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#37
Theleniel chuckled, peering up ahead. "Climb down. Or jump down if you feel particularly immortal. Just don't stop!" she ended up grinning with anticipation as they neared the Lift.

He had to lower himself down the cliff somehow. The more ingenious, the better, the Demon Hunter thought. This challenge also meant navigating difficult terrain and taking hard decisions swiftly, putting the pupil's speed of reaction and thought to the test. Some small part in her urged her onwards, utterly defeating any notion of caution. But was she rushing Ceredor blindly to his doom? Or to his brilliant salvation?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#38
Ceredor raised an eyebrow and scoffed, annoyed. Just don't stop. He looked ahead, scanning the area before the Lift.. There were a few tents scattered about, furs laid out for tanning, drying.. perhaps he could use these to his advantage. As much as he didn't want to admit it.. His body had not had time to rest. His mind was more than willing, but everyone has their limit. He wasn't sure if he would make the climb. If he was in top-form, it would be easy, but in his current condition.. It wasn't a safe bet.

The Night Elf suddenly changed course, turning to head toward one of the unoccupied tents. As he approached, he placed the two swords into makeshift sheathes on his back. He knew he would need very thick and strong hides that could support all the weight.. Luckily Tauren also needed very thick hides for their uses, so here he found the perfect things he would need.. for a parachute. He swiped all he needed as he ran and started to work on his little contraption..

As they approached the edge, eventually catching the attention of the guards far off, who attempted to cut them off but were way too far, he would finish the MacGyver-esque parachute and when he finally got to the edge, he took a leap of faith.. somehow managed not to fall and die.. but instead, glide down. Still faster than satisfactory, but able to land safely. And when he would, he wouldn't waste time wondering how the Fel he did that, he would keep running. His goal was not yet reached.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#39
Theleniel slowed slightly, watching Ceredor near the precipice and use the makeshift parachute to jump. She followed quickly, resuming her almost unnatural speed, and leaped off the cliff after her student, metamorphosing in mid-air, and using the tattered wings of such a form to glide down after the Kaldorei.

The Blood Elf touched down and shifted back immediately, drawing in air quickly before resuming her chase in the red and orange rocks of Thousand Needles.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#40
Ceredor didn't look back to see if he mentor was following behind. He knew she would catch up whether he wanted her to or not, he had learned to trust her that much. The Night Elf went on running and running through the massive rock tower-formations and canyons and onto the hot sands of the Thousand Needles.

Now out in the open desert of the Needles, he knew he was getting close.. Well, closer. He was almost there. He had managed to get this far, after all this time.. He stopped keeping track of time. He didn't need to. All he needed to do was focus on his goal.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#41
Theleniel kept right to Ceredor's heels the whole time, and as they went Southward, they neared the Shimmering Flats at the very south of the Thousand Needles, and the shimmering expanse gleamed before them.

As soon as the salt flats were underfoot, the two passed a number of petrified humanoids - A pair of Gnomes and a Human - likely the victims of some of the basilisks in the area. The Demon Hunter seemed not to even notice them, her focus oriented straight forward.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#42
Ceredor glanced around at the victims of the basilisks. He shook his head, poor people, but there was nothing that could be done for them. And he had his things to deal with. As the running went on, they passed the raceway, and in the distance one could hear and even see the racing contraptions, spewing noxious fumes and gases as they sped around, even exploding and crashing half the time. Again, Ceredor shook his head and looked forward. The flats would be ending soon enough..
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#43
Theleniel paid no heed to the racers, their vehicles nor their plights. It was, once more, as though she scarcely could see them. Regardless, she pressed on after Ceredor, even as they went through the narrow pass in the mountains between Thousand Needles and Tanaris, and as they went down the hill in the latter land, she suddenly spoke up.

"Take a left before we reach Gadgetzan. You'll come to the end of the run in Steamwheedle Port, which is at the sea. There, you will rest... Provided the heat of the sands doesn't take you after so long a sprint."
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply
#44
Ceredor simply nodded, not saying a word or even grunting in response. Though it wasn't from focus or determination at this point.. It was fatigue. He felt that if he made even a sound, he would collapse. His body ached and burned. Every fiber was crying out for him to rest. But all he did.. was make that left before Gadgetzan.

The Port was in sight.. The port was right in front of him.. The Port ended.. And Ceredor fell to his knees, panting heavily. He had finally made it.. He had completed his endurance test.. Now, he thought.. the challenge should really begin.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Piken's post:
  • flammos200
PM
Reply
#45
Theleniel smiled to herself once they were at the end of port. She watched Ceredor pant for a moment. "Well done. You've passed another trial. Now, I'll arrange passage across the sea for us. It shouldn't be too hard, seeing as it's Goblins we're dealing with... You'll have time to rest on the boat. I assure you of it." she said and made towards the Wharf-master.

Within moments, she seems to have exchanged a bag of coins - where did that come from?! - with a Goblin and she returned to Ceredor's side. "It's done. We're headed to the Blasted Lands, where the Dark Portal lies." she gestured to one of the ships. A small one, but swift-looking, if Ceredor is any judge. "We'll be there quickly, so I feel the need to warn you. If you fail any trials past this point, you will be slain." she exhales.

"For your next task is the First Binding..." she beckons him towards the ship and boards. "There's food and water aplenty on board. I assumed you felt the need for such after a long run like that. Now, what you will have to do depends on who you are." she smirked slightly. "Tell me, Ceredor, are you fueled by rage and the desire to pay the enemy of all life back for what they have done? Or are you a seeker of balance and tranquility? Or perhaps an agent that seeks to deal his blows in shadow? What drives you most in this world against the Legion?" she asks. Should Ceredor be aboard as well by then, the ship would depart.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

youth-backhand
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.