FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads
User Map
IRC Chat
Voicechat Status

[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Touchseed
09-06-2017 07:11 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 36500
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this time around...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 96860
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39827
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31360
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25383

[-]
Who's On-line
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Seriously, Why is it cats "Always land on their feet"
Ok so, most everyone says, "Cats always land on their feet". Now, I know it probably isn't true, and tis more to do with them having balance and epic manuvouring etc. But what do you think? No looking at wikipedia or google either!
[Image: Surma1copy-1.jpg]
PM
They don't. In fact, they're remarkably clumsy creatures.
PM
This only really happens when they jump from high places.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
Etmosril Wrote:They don't. In fact, they're remarkably clumsy creatures.

If you keep them as an indoor cat, yes.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
PM
It's true. Cats don't always land on their feet. Falls from extreme heights can cause cats to sustain injury just like any other animal. From shorter distances, however, they have an incredible musculoskeletal system that allows them to twist in mid air and land on all four feet. Not to mention having the long tail helps in their balance in narrow situations. Cats is ninjas.

A man goes up a twenty story building, planning to commit suicide. He jumps, falling all twenty stories and coincidentally lands on his feet. Stunned, he looks around, only to find out that the sole onlookers were two cats. One cat looks at the other, motions to the man and says, "See? That's how you do it."
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Strap a piece of toast with the butter side up on a cat.

The result is anti-gravity.
Spoiler:
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
PM
Krent Wrote:Strap a piece of toast with the butter side up on a cat.

[Image: antigravitykitty.gif]
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Rensin Wrote:
Krent Wrote:Strap a piece of toast with the butter side up on a cat.

[Image: antigravitykitty.gif]

Rensin... you're my new god

Kiffles Wrote:It's true. Cats don't always land on their feet. Falls from extreme heights can cause cats to sustain injury just like any other animal. From shorter distances, however, they have an incredible musculoskeletal system that allows them to twist in mid air and land on all four feet. Not to mention having the long tail helps in their balance in narrow situations. Cats is ninjas.

A man goes up a twenty story building, planning to commit suicide. He jumps, falling all twenty stories and coincidentally lands on his feet. Stunned, he looks around, only to find out that the sole onlookers were two cats. One cat looks at the other, motions to the man and says, "See? That's how you do it."

And if a real answer is required, this is it. Just... this.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
PM
Out of all the posts.. Rensins makes the most sense to me =L
[Image: Surma1copy-1.jpg]
PM
Actually, cats don't always land on their feet. Sometimes they land on other body parts, but they twist so quick after the landing and get on their feet, that it looks like they landed on their feet. I have did experiments when I was 10 with my cat. :mrgreen:
I love that pic, Rensin. Now I cannot stop imagining Ultraviolet with kittens and toast in her anti-grav belt.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
Damnit! Got beaten to the punch about the toast thingie.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
Well if I should take this postt seriously, I will have to explain that the statement 'Cats always lands on their feet" is actually true. In theory that is.

Why?

Well as you know, cats have these long hairs in their ears. These hairs catch vibrations. Mostly vibrations that have to do with balance.

If a said cat is falling out of a tree, and the fall begins as onits back, the hairs within the ears would send little electric signs to their brain, telling them they are upside down. After the brain receives these messages, small electric signs will be send to their body ( feet, back, and head.) do that the cat can try to flip in mid-air.

But as most of you stated, not always does this happen. Most of the time this happens because their body reacts too late, and most cats that fall, are either pregnant, old, too young or as someone stated before 'clumsy.' It's a theory that animal docters studied and it seems to be true.

:) I hope this helped to clear something up. But practicually most of the time cats land on their bodyparts, instead of on their feet. :P
Characters:

Mistal'aerix <-- In the making
Misjana Minaar <-- Brewing some plots...
PM

My counter arguement.

...The other ones are too mean for me to show, (one of which is hilarious since the cat doesn't even attempt to re-adjust) but also prove the point quite well.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Even when a cat totally fails it is still cute.
Pain is an illusion.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Land is Mine! Daggermouth 8 445 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Xigo
  Cats Got Back! Werewolf1 1 168 01-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Better than Cats... FlametongueX 5 249 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Cressy