Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Mathias
03-08-2020 11:41 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 84127
What is glistening
Last Post: Maulbane
02-17-2020 06:37 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1874
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sol
11-18-2019 01:39 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 253
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3301

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Should I go to retail?
(05-20-2013, 12:51 PM)Noble Wrote: Knowing you personally Nymus, from before our beginnings in CoTH, WoW retail is personally a very interesting and intriguing concept and take on gaming overall. However, it isn't my cup of tea, and it may not be yours either. I dunno though, I'm not one for giving redundantly complex reviews, your best bet is to just try it yourself. Maybe you're more of just an RTS Gamer or FPS Man like me.

Grakor has a point though, WoW's mechanics seem simple and dumbed down from before it's more earlier days, and compared to other MMOs I've tried. But in most of the FPS Gaming World (I'm talking Counter-Strike style), they're like a monkey trying to screw a light bulb in, it can be accomplished it just takes a bit of adjustment.

... We knew each other from before CoTH!? Sorry, but I honestly don't remember that! D:
4 days isn't necroing a thread right? RIGHT?

(05-18-2013, 12:27 PM)Nymus Wrote: ... Remind me never to piss you off. Ever. Or jet can troll you. :D

In EvE, I would suggest you not... I don't need high skills and excessive knowledge about the game to ruin somebodies day pirating.

(05-18-2013, 12:27 PM)Nymus Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m76u74pqzj1rqfhi2o1_250.gif]

But I love jumping off of cliffs! D : < I'm not much of a (for lack of a better term) graphics w**re, so they don't mean much to me. Hell, Tribes: Ascend on lowest graphics looks nice enough to me. All I care about is the smoothness of the game, really.

Seems that WoW has become bad, by the general consensus... think I'll steer clear of it. Does anyone know of a good replacement? I can return to EVE Online and mine for spacegold with the R O G U E Alliance (and probably die in an invasion for our spacelands), or join TERA or Aion or one of the many that exists. Ideas, my friends?

Not too long ago I heard there were a couple or few million subscription drops. The problem is, you can't please everyone and Blizzard is letting that get to them by trying too hard. You have people saying that the raids were too simple in Wrath, and that there wasn't anything new or special about them.

But then Cata comes out, and it's "Omg why can't we go back to the way it was?" because people are just dumb. They complain and complain that the game needs to change, and when change finally happens they turn around and throw a tantrum about wanting it back the way it was, and blame Blizz for ruining the game.

WoW doesn't have much new since Cata. If anything, I would suggest starting a limited access account, making a Pandaren of any class, and seeing for yourself what it's like. That will give you the best idea of what MoP is like, because otherwise you will need to pay the subscription and have an 85 to level through Pandaria with because... like I said, until you actually start leveling through Pandaria the expansion didn't add anything to anything level 85 and below beyond the ability/talent changes. And you will get a good idea of what those are like through a limited access account.

Depending on your download speeds or if you are limited or... stuff like that, I would suggest just trying out Aion or Tera. They are free to play so you don't have to pay anything to see the full game. They aren't like Blizzard where it will cost you half a paycheck to change the name of your character (Obvious exaggeration... dependent on income)

(05-20-2013, 12:51 PM)Noble Wrote: Grakor has a point though, WoW's mechanics seem simple and dumbed down from before it's more earlier days, and compared to other MMOs I've tried.

Apparently you haven't tried the green fire quest for warlocks then. After 5 repair bills I have given up.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
PM
There's still a challenge to WoW, it just doesn't lie in "Oh God I gotta figure out how to do EVERYTHING and not mess up my build by one skill point because then I'll get wrecked in PvP".

With PvP I find that while some things are on equal playing grounds because of the way skills are built, it doesn't always mean things will pan out how you expect. Being someone that's fairly well geared for PvP, I've found SOME people with much lower gear stats that still wreck me just because they know how to play the game well. No matter what, there is always a challenge.

"Simple and dumbed down" is really a relative term---I'd say it's more different that what people were used to. You no longer have twenty moves that are basically the same thing but with different names and slightly different numbers, they've condensed those down into single moves that have their intended purpose and are just as useful as the eight you had before.

Also, if you want difficult? PvE in Pandaria. That borderlines on RIDICULOUS sometimes, even with proper gear!

One of the things about WoW too, is that there's always plenty of content to occupy your time with. When they aren't releasing a new content patch (Like the one right now, where the Darkspear trolls have REBELLED against the Kor'Kron, and even the Alliance/SI:7 are chipping in to help them put some hurt on the Orcs that have put in their axes with Garrosh!), you can do the dailies, PvP, or set your own goals such as collecting mounts, gear, or if you want to... roleplaying.

Honestly retail RP is like RP in any community, there's some good, a lotta bad, and some great memories---this is just on a huge scale.

Should you go to WoW? If you've got friends, yes... it's hard to find an MMO with this much content. If not, then, well, unless you intend to make new friends, it'll be a lonely road.

Really, it's up to you.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
I'd say, if you have ever wanted to try to punch Varian Wrynn in the face... grab a limited access account and play the pandaren all the way through. If anything, you will enjoy the final thing you do.
Spoiler:
PM
(05-24-2013, 10:43 AM)Rensin Wrote: Being someone that's fairly well geared for PvP, I've found SOME people with much lower gear stats that still wreck me just because they know how to play the game well. No matter what, there is always a challenge.

Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like Xigo's post:
  • Rini, Harmonic
PM
(05-24-2013, 10:43 AM)Rensin Wrote: Being someone that's fairly well geared for PvP, I've found SOME people with much lower gear stats that still wreck me just because they know how to play the game well.

Also, if you want difficult? PvE in Pandaria. That borderlines on RIDICULOUS sometimes, even with proper gear!

Who needs skill? Just play a hunter like me.

And what Pandaria are you playing in? o.0
Spoiler:
PM
(05-25-2013, 03:30 AM)Aadora Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 10:43 AM)Rensin Wrote: Being someone that's fairly well geared for PvP, I've found SOME people with much lower gear stats that still wreck me just because they know how to play the game well.

Who needs skill? Just play a hunter like me.

And what Pandaria are you playing in? o.0

The one where mobs aggro you from half way across the map, and swarm you like locusts. What one are you playing in?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Quote:... We knew each other from before CoTH!? Sorry, but I honestly don't remember that! D:
We know eachother through Franz from the 92nd Infantry.

EDIT: For better elaboration, on Steam and Garry's Mod RP possibly, I'm actually not entirely sure what you had to do with Franz, all I know is you introduced him to CoTH and by extent he introduced me to it.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
PM
(05-25-2013, 08:34 AM)Noble Wrote:
Quote:... We knew each other from before CoTH!? Sorry, but I honestly don't remember that! D:
We know eachother through Franz from the 92nd Infantry.

EDIT: For better elaboration, on Steam and Garry's Mod RP possibly, I'm actually not entirely sure what you had to do with Franz, all I know is you introduced him to CoTH and by extent he introduced me to it.

Ah! I take it that you're one of the past admins from there? I was just one of Franz' friends, we knew eachother through Russell/Due Diligence.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welp, now's a good time to check out retail again! Lancelet 61 1,459 05-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Piroska
  Random question about retail zeromanzx 7 350 12-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Aadora
  Free 7 Days in Retail (Returning Players) Dragonbeard 3 248 09-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Lendri
  For those who play Retail; Anski 11 374 07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Anski
  Retail WoW? Psychyn 30 869 05-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Amorphous