The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shrine of Sha'gri
Well I hadn't really thought too much into this little piece of the Echo Islands when I developed the plan for the Darkspear Echo Invasion, but it seems that it may become a fun curiosity for the trolls!

Now today the Horde claimed the island which the shrine is located on and one of our mystics declared that the Shrine of Sha'gri was a cursed shrine to the tiger god Shirvallah.

I, personally, am a bit wary about claiming to know anything about the object.
A search of the WoWwiki gives no information, but WoWhead has a few comments I find interesting. On retail it may summon a Durotar Tiger, giving some fuel to the assumption it is a shrine to Shirvallah. Perhaps Sha'gri is the Loa of Durotar Tigers or maybe the echo isles themselves? Since Shirvallah originates in Stranglethorn.

As well, Shrine of Sha'gri, has the initials SOS, the infamous call for help. Maybe a coincidence, but perhaps it is linked to the Mind Slaves of Zalazane.

Since I know little about the object, and I'm not particularly prepared to make up unfounded Lore, perhaps some of you out there will help me speculate, or maybe you know what the Shrine is all about.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
Well I hadn't really thought too much into this little piece of the Echo Islands when I developed the plan for the Darkspear Echo Invasion, but it seems that it may become a fun curiosity for the trolls!

Now today the Horde claimed the island which the shrine is located on and one of our mystics declared that the Shrine of Sha'gri was a cursed shrine to the tiger god Shirvallah.

I, personally, am a bit wary about claiming to know anything about the object.
A search of the WoWwiki gives no information, but WoWhead has a few comments I find interesting. On retail it may summon a Durotar Tiger, giving some fuel to the assumption it is a shrine to Shirvallah. Perhaps Sha'gri is the Loa of Durotar Tigers or maybe the echo isles themselves? Since Shirvallah originates in Stranglethorn.

As well, Shrine of Sha'gri, has the initials SOS, the infamous call for help. Maybe a coincidence, but perhaps it is linked to the Mind Slaves of Zalazane.

Since I know little about the object, and I'm not particularly prepared to make up unfounded Lore, perhaps some of you out there will help me speculate, or maybe you know what the Shrine is all about.
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
Ahh, we used to have that shrine "lead" to the home of the darkspears, hehe. It'd transport you to the home...Zul'Senjari.

But that was back in the day. Who knows what it is, heh.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ahh, we used to have that shrine "lead" to the home of the darkspears, hehe. It'd transport you to the home...Zul'Senjari.

But that was back in the day. Who knows what it is, heh.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

My suggestion is if you want to follow with one of the speculations and have it be related to the Slaves of Zalazane. Maybe we could use it to justify why we are not getting affected by Zalazane's mind control throughout the island anymore. I mean...yeah. He did manage to mind control all the trolls on the island. What was stopping him from mind-controlling us? *Points to the Shrine* Maybe Zalazane can only control those close to him then use an outside source of power like the shrine to supplement his powers and control everyone of the island. Nice idea, huh? Well, I could see some possibilities for the trolls serving Zalazane too. Maybe those who are not close enough to Zalazane's personal powers and those who are not de-zombified snap out of their mind controlled state and possibly help us?

Only negative thing I see in this suggestion is why would Zalazane let the shrine be taken that easily? Maybe he wants us to land on the main island first and be complacent? Maybe he hid a trap in the shrine or the remainder of his naval forces are on their way to reclaim it? And for my most preposterous maybe...once we take over the main island, Zalazane disappears, appears at the shrine and uses the shrine's powers to it's fullest, becoming a loa avatar boss? An avatar of Sha'gri?

Maybe we could have our trolls research on it ICly too, until we find out that the shrine is related to Zalazane and his powers in a way.

Either way...I could see this shrine coming back to us in the storyline. We can make it a recurring symbol through the course of the war.

Finally, you can just scratch that all together and make it a sort of a 'temple-district' island once the construction of the buildings come in.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
My suggestion is if you want to follow with one of the speculations and have it be related to the Slaves of Zalazane. Maybe we could use it to justify why we are not getting affected by Zalazane's mind control throughout the island anymore. I mean...yeah. He did manage to mind control all the trolls on the island. What was stopping him from mind-controlling us? *Points to the Shrine* Maybe Zalazane can only control those close to him then use an outside source of power like the shrine to supplement his powers and control everyone of the island. Nice idea, huh? Well, I could see some possibilities for the trolls serving Zalazane too. Maybe those who are not close enough to Zalazane's personal powers and those who are not de-zombified snap out of their mind controlled state and possibly help us?

Only negative thing I see in this suggestion is why would Zalazane let the shrine be taken that easily? Maybe he wants us to land on the main island first and be complacent? Maybe he hid a trap in the shrine or the remainder of his naval forces are on their way to reclaim it? And for my most preposterous maybe...once we take over the main island, Zalazane disappears, appears at the shrine and uses the shrine's powers to it's fullest, becoming a loa avatar boss? An avatar of Sha'gri?

Maybe we could have our trolls research on it ICly too, until we find out that the shrine is related to Zalazane and his powers in a way.

Either way...I could see this shrine coming back to us in the storyline. We can make it a recurring symbol through the course of the war.

Finally, you can just scratch that all together and make it a sort of a 'temple-district' island once the construction of the buildings come in.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Well my biggest worry is that Blizzard does something with it in Cataclysm and we assumed something completely wrong.

To break down what we know for sure about the Shrine (OOC'ly)

A. It's on the Echo Isles which were once Darkspear Territory and since then have been lost to Zalazane.
B. In game there are no Voodoo Trolls on the Sha'gri island, however there are also none on any of the other islands besides the main one.
C. It's a shrine, and by that deffinition is a tool of worship.
D. It's a shrine of Sha'gri. It can probably be safely assumed that Sha'gri is a Loa or is believed to be a Loa. Like Zanza of Zulduzar, Sha'gri might of once been a troll and upon death ascended into god-hood.

Now, to take a chapter from known troll lore, the Zandalar in Stranglethorn use Zanza's shrine to destroy evil Bijous used by the followers of Hakkar. Shrines then might contend with the darker aspects of voodoo. Therefore, I would like to assume the shrine is no tool of Zalazane but a forgotten alter to a Darkspear god which conflicts with Zalazane's power on the islands, mayhap preventing his minions to set foot on that isle. It not only gives an excuse as to why there were no Voodoo trolls guarding it, but doesn't particularly require me to type up a new plan for the Echo Invasion.

There will be RP around the shrine to conduct research on it for sure, but what it really is, is up for debate.
Well my biggest worry is that Blizzard does something with it in Cataclysm and we assumed something completely wrong.

To break down what we know for sure about the Shrine (OOC'ly)

A. It's on the Echo Isles which were once Darkspear Territory and since then have been lost to Zalazane.
B. In game there are no Voodoo Trolls on the Sha'gri island, however there are also none on any of the other islands besides the main one.
C. It's a shrine, and by that deffinition is a tool of worship.
D. It's a shrine of Sha'gri. It can probably be safely assumed that Sha'gri is a Loa or is believed to be a Loa. Like Zanza of Zulduzar, Sha'gri might of once been a troll and upon death ascended into god-hood.

Now, to take a chapter from known troll lore, the Zandalar in Stranglethorn use Zanza's shrine to destroy evil Bijous used by the followers of Hakkar. Shrines then might contend with the darker aspects of voodoo. Therefore, I would like to assume the shrine is no tool of Zalazane but a forgotten alter to a Darkspear god which conflicts with Zalazane's power on the islands, mayhap preventing his minions to set foot on that isle. It not only gives an excuse as to why there were no Voodoo trolls guarding it, but doesn't particularly require me to type up a new plan for the Echo Invasion.

There will be RP around the shrine to conduct research on it for sure, but what it really is, is up for debate.
You are all mistaken. It is a primitive toilet. Sha'gri is the loa of excrement.

...Yep. On a serious note:

Walluce Wrote:...a forgotten alter to a Darkspear god which conflicts with Zalazane's power on the islands, mayhap preventing his minions to set foot on that isle. It not only gives an excuse as to why there were no Voodoo trolls guarding it, but doesn't particularly require me to type up a new plan for the Echo Invasion.

I like this idea. This might also explain the sudden raptor ambush, perhaps the raptors were under some sort of hex(although different from the trolls), and were being used by Zalazane to protect a shrine that neither he or his minions can go near.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
You are all mistaken. It is a primitive toilet. Sha'gri is the loa of excrement.

...Yep. On a serious note:

Walluce Wrote:...a forgotten alter to a Darkspear god which conflicts with Zalazane's power on the islands, mayhap preventing his minions to set foot on that isle. It not only gives an excuse as to why there were no Voodoo trolls guarding it, but doesn't particularly require me to type up a new plan for the Echo Invasion.

I like this idea. This might also explain the sudden raptor ambush, perhaps the raptors were under some sort of hex(although different from the trolls), and were being used by Zalazane to protect a shrine that neither he or his minions can go near.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
Yep - Sha'Gri the Raptor, Keeper of Clear, Unrelenting Determination and Will.

Upon fighting and defeating his avatars we recieved his blessings and may even be protected from Zal's mind-control in sone ways if needed as a plot device. (Also explains everything so far.)

Hmm... Thraz might very mucho like a LoA of willpower and clarity of purpose..
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Yep - Sha'Gri the Raptor, Keeper of Clear, Unrelenting Determination and Will.

Upon fighting and defeating his avatars we recieved his blessings and may even be protected from Zal's mind-control in sone ways if needed as a plot device. (Also explains everything so far.)

Hmm... Thraz might very mucho like a LoA of willpower and clarity of purpose..
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]