Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
What is glistening
Last Post: Maulbane
02-17-2020 06:37 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1757
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Caravan
01-03-2020 09:57 PM
» Replies: 30
» Views: 83927
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sol
11-18-2019 01:39 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 244
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1150
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3286

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check )

"Those now known as blood elves were once high elves. The transition came about during the Third war, when King Arthas turned his attention towards Quel'Thalas. The Scourge slew more than 90% of the high elven population, devastating their culture and leading to the renaming. Of the 10% of the high elven population that remained, 90% of them adopted the name Sin'dorei ("children of the blood") or Blood Elves." - Wowwiki

One of my favorite times on CoTH which inadvertently cemented my time here was a storyline called the Sin Sholai. It created a lot of fun memories and defined a few of my characters, namely my first real incarnation of my Death Knight Jidaeo. For Nostalgia purposes I would like to bring it back, but obviously not a division amongst factions. I'd like to OOCly propose to all the Blood Elf Noble Houses, and other Belf players to make a IC Coalition. A council of Noble Head leaders, Business Owners ( Large and Small ) And other nationalists to help save their nation. With Custom Lore being on the cusp we may be able to progress some Belf Storylines. Like Reigen's conquest to cleanse the Dead Scar and Sachiko's current attempt to save the Wretched. Tyrius' is adopting his father's ultimate goal to unite his people, and to come together as a front instead of being segregated. Because as we all know they're aren't many Blood elves left, and I think it would be fun to RP their coming together/staying together.

This isn't a guild, but an umbrella for RP. There wouldn't be a leader, but a cool way to connect storylines, to reach out to other players. I'd like to start some Forum RP and maybe even a chat channel ( /Join Sholai ) or something of that nature to keep the elves together. Now I am aware that there are tons of Elves already, and believe it or not I do like the Old Horde and some Ally races. So I think we could use this as well to take Elf numbers into other areas ( specifically Horde for now ) to show the Horde that the Elves are not pushovers, but survivors and very necessary to keep the current Horde alive. I'm open to all suggestions, and for more on the Tyrius character check out the Soul of the Seregon If the interest is considerable I'll still go around on Tyrius ICly recruiting. Hopefully to be able to slightly change the perception of the Seregon Family. Also If you know me or how I RP I love combat and Conflict. Even though this will be a politically based platform there will be drama, and there will be blood. Tyrius' father Elrohir was killed by the Burning Legion. So that will come into play, being a part of this doesn't mean you would have to participate but this would be an avenue for your character to get involved with some of the epic stuff Grog has planned. I plan to throw some curve balls as well, but I'd like to get a grouping of players together. Comments questions or concerns please let me know! Let's web some storylines!!
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
[-] The following 4 users Like ThePharaoh's post:
  • Harmonic, SachikoMaeda, Aphetoros, Jonoth
PM
*Smiles*
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 1 user Likes Harmonic's post:
  • ThePharaoh
PM
I'll join with Celen and Fenlan to this thing. Yep, I liek.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stealthscout's post:
  • ThePharaoh
PM
I could see this becoming like... a like, Stone Masons type club. Sort of a secret union that does secret things.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 1 user Likes Harmonic's post:
  • ThePharaoh
PM
[Image: 56501d1348673611t-memes-meme-arcoiris.jpg]

You have my support on this. In time we will destroy the humans for what they've done. I missed the first time this happened. Sounded all flavors of fun yet chaotic.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
(01-17-2015, 11:09 AM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [Image: 56501d1348673611t-memes-meme-arcoiris.jpg]

You have my support on this. In time we will destroy the humans for what they've done. I missed the first time this happened. Sounded all flavors of fun yet chaotic.

Haha. Some liked it, some didn't.

As long as we don't break the factions should be good though.

We should include the forsaken in on this too. They were also instrumental to the Sin'Sholai. Blood elves and Forsaken have a darn good relationship too.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 2 users Like Harmonic's post:
  • SachikoMaeda, ThePharaoh
PM
(01-17-2015, 11:17 AM)Harmonic Wrote: [Haha. Some liked it, some didn't.

I'd rage so hard.

But yeah, blood elf shenanigans or whatever is fine. I'm not sure if using the Sin'Sholai name is really necessary, though. For those of us who have been here to see it, the original Sin'Sholai was a rather...specific thing, and raising that spectre isn't necessarily good. At the very least, we know that we're not treading that specific path again.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grakor456's post:
  • CappnRob
PM
A few weeks ago Pharaoh came and asked me if he could use the name Blood Pact for an event, since he thought Sin'sholai had a nice ring to it. Seeing how many pageviews it's gotten him I think he made a good choice!

For such a loaded phrase it really does pull Elven nationalism out of the woodwork.
PM
Yeah! Its nostalgia and I liked the Blood Pact name that was given to it. Plus its got its CoTh history. I think adding Forsaken is a great idea. And I'd love any and all help support. Mason/stonecutter/Secret Society seems like an interesting twist as well, I'd definitely like to take some elements of this.

And Yes Sachi....

Jid was just starting out, and I rode up to Silvermoon because there was RP there. And GIANT DOORS SLAMMED IN HIS FACE. And you could hear the emotes, and guard says of people screaming and trying to get out. And from then on if your char was in SMC you stayed, and if you were out you were out. So Jid went to ratchet trying to gather people and elves in the gobbo towns ( who really weren't nationalists and dgaf ) to help out. Which is when he started the Light of Nova and the basis for almost everything Novalight. I know people didn't like Sin'Sholai but for those who were apart of it, and participated to the beginning and the epic ending it was so great. Its unreal. I'd talk about it for days.

Edit: I don't believe I was there for the very beginning. I the story just kind of organically effected my character. I miss server storylines super hard.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
[-] The following 2 users Like ThePharaoh's post:
  • Aphetoros, SachikoMaeda
PM
THE ANSWER IS YES
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aphetoros's post:
  • ThePharaoh
(01-17-2015, 11:33 AM)Grakor456 Wrote:

I'd rage so hard.

But yeah, blood elf shenanigans or whatever is fine. I'm not sure if using the Sin'Sholai name is really necessary, though. For those of us who have been here to see it, the original Sin'Sholai was a rather...specific thing, and raising that spectre isn't necessarily good. At the very least, we know that we're not treading that specific path again.

I think it's more just the name than the connotation. I could ask Mikain if it's okay---though it's only slightly in the spirit of the Sin'Sholai. It's more so about the "Union" aspect for this rather than the "Screw the horde" aspect.

I don't think just using the -name- should be too big a deal. Did people really hate the event -that- much? Heh. I could think of worse things that have happened to CoTH, really.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Mikain's gonna be cool with it. So, that's me, Khag, and him. I don't speak for Nostra, but I think that he'd be fine with it too. That was practically all the GM's involved---though that's excluding Tails.

I just wanna make it clear again---this isn't something that Pharoh is designing to break up the horde.

It's not gonna break up the horde.

This isn't the original Sin'Sholai.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 2 users Like Harmonic's post:
  • Aphetoros, ThePharaoh
PM
KEEPIN' MY EYE ON THIS.

(I'd be interested to see what you want to do with it.)
PM
Yeah quite the opposite, I'd like to take the Elves/Forsaken to Ogrimmar and other places to start RP there. That way people who like elves can be in their comfort zone and others can get orcs, tauren and troll. All just a story mechanism to link different characters and RP things. I'd like to touch Ghostlands too, and this is just an interest check at the moment. But Tyrius has already discussed this and is moving forward in this direction.

However that is down the road, I'd like the first kind of focus/topic to be Sachiko's Wretched.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

[-] The following 1 user Likes ThePharaoh's post:
  • Harmonic
PM
BEs and Forsaken getting off their butts and making RP with other races outside their circlejerk? Yeah ok I can dig that.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CappnRob's post:
  • ThePharaoh
(01-17-2015, 11:33 AM)Grakor456 Wrote:

I'd rage so hard.

*Cradles Grakor; protects him from the post-traumatic stress*

I will make sure the elves to not secede, Grakor. And if they do, you have my word the Earthworks will be turned into a savage warrior-guild to destroy them.

That, or they're all combine like little anime robots into a big anime robot. Surthak can be one of the fingers.

(01-17-2015, 12:55 PM)ThePharaoh Wrote: Yeah quite the opposite, I'd like to take the Elves/Forsaken to Ogrimmar and other places to start RP there.

[Image: gang.png] 'Moving in on MY turf. . .?'
[-] The following 3 users Like Maulbane's post:
  • Grakor456, CappnRob, Loxmardin
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 495 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 169 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 220 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 266 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra
  Interest check: Horde; An expanding fortress. Spiky 21 939 02-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Last Post: muhaha8