Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: svempagunnar
09-14-2022 01:12 AM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 92709
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Tales23
11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 815
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 6508
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4616
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3786

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

<Sin'Thalas> Officer recruitment!
On a note, Officers have been applied for and will no longer be looking for them, still open for anybody that wants to join! Just PM me or whisper me or Skype me. Will put up a Guild thread soon!
[Image: 20.jpg]
Want to send some Feedback? Go ahead!

[Image: 520a44a794fdb.jpg]

PM
Note: 'dorei' is basically the elven word for elves (I think) Because Sin'Dorei means Blood Elves, Kaldorei means Night Elves and Quel'Dorei means High Elves. My logic was breaking down the word to Sin (Blood) and Dorei (Elves).

On the topic of guild names, I'm still all for <The Cool Kids> but I think something like Sin'BlahBlah would be good except the name Sin'Thallasian seems a bit long.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Just as a note, there was an admin edict a couple of years ago prohibiting guilds with OOC names. A few players were bannering under super silly guilds and causing a lot of confusion. I suggest maybe discussing the naming thing between yourselves in private, or in game. I'd be slightly concerned about a project if there was this much to-do simply over what to call it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Delta's post:
  • Ural
PM
"Dorei" means "Children" actually.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
@c0rzilla, does that mean that Kaldorei means 'Children of the Night?' and addingly, Quel'Dorei is 'High Children?'
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
(03-13-2014, 08:11 PM)MstrCorvus Wrote: @c0rzilla, does that mean that Kaldorei means 'Children of the Night?' and addingly, Quel'Dorei is 'High Children?'

From here, it states that c0r is correct. Kaldorei means 'Children of the Stars', while Quel'dorei is 'Children of Noble Birth'. This reaffirms Quel'dorei's meaning, while saying that Sin'dorei is 'Children of the Blood'. Alternatively, dorei could be seen to stand for 'born of', I.E. 'Born of Blood', 'Born of Nobility' and 'Born of the Stars'. I couldn't find what Thalas means, but bah. It's a pretty name.
PM
On the WoWPedia, under the RPG, it states...

Quote:Quel'Thalas = "High Kingdom" or "High Home"[15]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
Sin'Dracon - Blood Dragon
Shin'Zaram - Glory Blade
Zaram'Shin - Blade of Glory
Dar'Felo - Starflame
Zaram no Fin'Dar - FLAME OF THE LAST STAAAAAAAR.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like Xigo's post:
  • c0rzilla, Thoradin
PM
Ahem....*Waves hands fanticly* "Excuse me! EXCUSE ME! While do all discuss all this wonderful excitement. I would like to point out a few things.

1) @Delta <The Cool Kids> Is an inside joke between Corv and I the name is actually Sin'Thalas or "Blood of the Kingdom"

2) With that said I had liked C0r's previous suggestion and will be keeping it as stated above.

3) @FlyingSquirrel You are awesome!

4) @c0rzilla Thank you -very very- much for helping, I am glad you came in with your master evlish speako lango~

5)@Xigo Um, I too want to live on the planet dog.
[Image: 20.jpg]
Want to send some Feedback? Go ahead!

[Image: 520a44a794fdb.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ruibarra's post:
  • FlyingSquirrel
PM