08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 391
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2845
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85644
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2381
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3414

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Skyriming it up.
HOW HAVE WE NOT HAD A THREAD ABOUT THIS BY NOW, GUYS.

Playing my level 28 nord. Two Hand Sword, Heavy Armor, Restoration, Destruction, Speech. Paladin-y build.

Leavin' Malacath. Hop on my horse. Galloping off into the sunset.
Suddenly: Frost Dragon
Hop off horse, start shootin' Lightening Bolts (Horse runs off to the other side of Skyrim, naturally)
Dragon lands nearby and starts killing forsworn npcs.
Imperial Legion bros are shooting at him.
Dragon kills all the Forsworn and knocks me back off a small cliff.
I land in a rapid river and get stuck on a rock just at the lip of a waterfall.
Dragon flying overhead. Suddenly: CAVE BEAR
Fightin' bear on top of the rock. Dragon blasting us with frost breath.
Kill bear. Dragon lands. Jump onto land.
Three minute match of hacking and slashing, shooting magic at him as he flies, hacking and slashing more when he land, hiding behind a rock to heal myself sometimes.
Dragon dies.
Go up to Imperial Legion bros.
They're dead.
Arrange their bodies neatly with their weapons in their hands and FUS RO DAH into the sky in mourning.

...So. How's your adventure's in Skyrim going?

Also: FREAKING MIRMULNIR.

Spoiler:
[Image: screenshot2fv.png]

[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Clovis's post:
  • hiddengecko, Ironhide
PM
Eh.. formal funeral for Imperial people? O.o NO! HERESY! You should have dragged the bodies and threwn them in the river! 8)

Free Skyrim for ever!
PM
(11-21-2011, 12:10 PM)Clovis Wrote: Imperial Legion bros are shooting at him.
Quote:bros
!?
FUS RO DA

Spoiler:
EPIC STORY INCOMING
"Life is offensive, people; it's brutal, stupid, annoying, dirty, and at the end, ******* pointless. Seriously, folks, you need to get a grip, alright? Relax yourself!" - Foamy

I knew you would go that path, Clovis. I just knew it.
Saying that, I went Bosmer archer. Archery, Sneaking, Light Armour... I haven't tried supplementing it with magic, yet, except for minor Conjuration. I spend most of my time stealing books. Moving between houses to steal more books, dragons like to swoop down in pairs, to harass me in concert. I was told you shouldn't run from certain dragons, but why you'd run from any dragon is beyond me!

Most dungeons are a case of popping Beast Form, barrelling through, and then slowly retracing my steps to harvest the winnings.

I've had fun.
PM
Haven't started my adventures yet. Still considering buying it even though I'm sure my windows laptop ain't able to handle it nicely.
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
PM
(11-21-2011, 12:27 PM)Delta Wrote: I went Bosmer archer.

I swear I heard something about someone killing a Blood Dragon with one shot from their ebony bow.

SHOOT A DRAGON OUT OF THE SKY FOR ME DELTA. My aim is terrible, hence why I seldom go with ranged fighters.

I may roll an Orc archer next though. Oooh. Or maybe a Dunmer with that Fists of Steel talent from heavy armor. I wanna punch a dragon to death.

[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
PM
I already killed a sleeping Blood Dragon with four iron arrows. Sneak damage is terrific!
PM
Naming your 11.11.11-born kid Dovakhiin.
I mean, -really-, Bethesda?
Madness!
But sweet madness.
"Life is offensive, people; it's brutal, stupid, annoying, dirty, and at the end, ******* pointless. Seriously, folks, you need to get a grip, alright? Relax yourself!" - Foamy

(11-21-2011, 12:30 PM)Ebenezer Wrote: Haven't started my adventures yet. Still considering buying it even though I'm sure my windows laptop ain't able to handle it nicely.

Since you're from Norway, you'll probably appreciate it as much as I did. Sicne the land of Skyrim is based on the land of the vikings, the nature is basically what you'd expect to see in Sweden and Norway, the architecture is ancient Swedish/Norwegian, people have Swedish and Norwegian names and talk in Swedish and Norwegian accents. It's really odd to play if you're from here. . . .Like playing in fantasy Scandinavia.

Speaking of Vikings; being Swedish that I am, I went with ye old sword and board and heavy armor. Although I refuse to wear anything that covers my arms. THAT'S NOT HOW A VIKING DOES IT!
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Roxas65's post:
  • FlyingSquirrel, Aphetoros
PM
Level 8 Khajiit Battlemage here. I'm working on One-handed Swords, Destruction, Restoration, and other magic skills.

And I wear from heavy to cloth armor, destruction+healing spell, dest+dest spell, or mostly sword+magic, depending on the situation.

Anyways, Esbern really pissed me off, being with a retarded AI. And when I was doing the Esbern main quest part... I can say that I was raggin' raggin'...>.<
PM
A'ight.
First of all, I'mma brag with one of the little things my awful*cough* country has to offer.
FREE AND LEGAL TORRENT SITE, WOO!

Thus, Kira got Skyrim.
.. Kira ..
And Skyrim..
That would be love at first sight. But at second sight.. destruction will, soon, be at hand. Just you wait.

SPOILERED DUE TO REVEALINGS OF GAMEPLAY
Spoiler:
Anyways, I'm level 33. Nord. Two-hand. Bow. Orcish heavy armor. +100HP chest piece, dwarven. +25% two-handed weapon damage gauntlets, dwarven. Both weapons and armor legendary. Made by self (except the enchanted ones). Oh, and my pack (305 stamina/'bag space'), full of the before-mentioned items and potions, mostly health.
Going on the road to find the lost Blades HQ. Sounds like an easy quest. You should be used to this kind of quests by now, right?!
... "LOOK AT MY HORSE, MY HORSE IS AMAZING!" to the destination. "Oh, look, ruins! Infested by forsworn. I mean, is -that- all?"
I mean, with my build, those wolves, bears, saber cats, bandits, draugr, forsworn, dragons and even blood dragons are easy. I just tank through 'em all.
A'ight, so I'm there, standing on a hill, overlooking the ruins, with my bow, zooming in. "Oh, look, there's Delphine and.. that old guy. Fighting forsworn. I guess I'll jump in and help. But what do I hear? Oh, it's just a blood dragon behind me. OH, WAIT, BLOOD DRAGON! Well, I guess -another- dragon soul isn't -that- bad." So far, I was having around ten, as I don't use dragon souls for stuff like making animals fight for you, seeing enemies through walls and stuff. I mean, I'm a nord warrior! I fight straight-forward! So what am I thinking?
"Oh, well, Delphine and.. the old guy.. OH, RIGHT, ESBERN WAS HIS NAME.. Well, they seem to handle the forsworn. I guess I'll just go for the dragon while they have their fun." And so I do. "Heeeeere, dragon, dragon. Here, catch a sneak arrow!" Finally, the blood dragon's on me. Well, that is, after I ran after him a while, picked a few forsworn after me, plus a cave bear. Oh, well, what can I say, I like tracking. But what happens? The dragon starts shouting ice at the forsworn. "HEY, LET ME HELP!", I think, as I charge the forsworn and the bear. Well they ain't hard, as I said, especially with the unintentional dragon help. But, after all, the dragon's -finally- on me. "Time to kill this sonofa-"
Suddenly, I realise where I am. Back at the forsworn camp, where Delphine and Esbern are stuck in a lil' too big trouble. At least, for -them-. And the forsworn they're still fighting.
WELL GUESS WHAT.
AN ANCIENT DRAGON!
By now, I'm having a blood dragon on me, almost full HP due to me doing no damage to him, plus an ANCIENT DRAGON.
I'm, naturally thinking...
"...THIS IS EPIC..."

Now I have to admit. The fight with the forsworn and the bear, plus the ocassional ice-breath from the blood dragon has left me quite 'scarred'. But no matter, I still have half of my health potions! So I get the atention of the ancient dragon. 'cuz, you know, Delphine and the old guy are in need of help. "Hey, dragon. Guess what. FUS RO DA!"

Anyways, pretty soon I realise Dephine and Esbern are immortal NPCs. Oh, and that there are forsworn on me, too! Well, anyways, my health potions (which, I remind you, I had a bag full of 'em) have -all- run out.

-BUT-, however. The fact that I have defeated a small group of forsworn, togheter with a bear, getting ice-breath'd by a blood dragon, then going to fight a large group of -other- forsworn from the ruins, then being attacked by an ancient dragon, while being tailed by the blood dragon before mentioned, remains.

Hey, I told you it was gonna be awesome! And I'm still far from the end!

Nord spellthief!

Super high sneak, super high archery, super high one-handed, medium high destruction.

I'd keep playing, but I encountered a bug where Ulfric tells me to talk to Galmar and Galmar tells me to talk to Ulfric and I need to talk to Ulfric for the main quest. Yay Bethseda!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Going shield specc. is so eazmode. 20% magic resist from the enchanted shield, add 50% from the blocking perk and woosh ! Dragons are easy.

I also have ~300 armor rating, full dragonplate . ( Still have around 10 dragon bones and scales that I will make into dragonplate armor and sell it to get rich )
PM
My friend managed to grind up a dragon armor even before facing his first dragon. He basically punched the first dragon to death. Smithing can really break the game.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
(11-21-2011, 02:20 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: My friend managed to grind up a dragon armor even before facing his first dragon. He basically punched the first dragon to death. Smithing can really break the game.

Smithing Iron Daggers all the way?

Also... he needs to kill at least one dragon for a piece of dragon armor. Unless it's sold/found elsewhere. Or he cheated.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
PM