Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 45
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 81663
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 315
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3022
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3662

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Some of the best games ever made
I already have a list of things that were really horrible about some games, so I figured it fair to make a list of games that I either strongly recommend, or made me go "Wow" at some point, over the many years I've been gaming. Many of these are older games as a result.

1. Sacrifice. One of the most unique strategy games ever made, and unique in a good way. I loved the quirky art design and the definitely "alien" feel of the creatures and the landscape, which suited the setting perfectly. The game itself is pretty awesome, putting you in the role of a wizard who must command a group of fantastical creatures to battle and defeat the other wizards on the map. It defies explanation, so I suggest reading a review or looking at the game yourself.

2. Giants: Citizen Kabuto. A shooter and brawler that is probably one of the most genuinely hilarious games ever made. Giants places you as one of three different alien races, each of which play almost completely differently in style (for example, the Meccs are standard FPS fare, while playing as the giant Kabuto himself is more of a beat-em-up brawler affair, only more like Godzilla in Tokyo.) Besides the varied gameplay, which is awesome in its own right, the cutscenes had me laughing the whole way.

3. Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim. Majesty puts you in the shoes of a ruler of a fantasy kingdom, where you must hire heroes to defeat monsters and purge the land of evil. Standard RTS fare, right? Majesty throws in the twist that you don't have complete control over your heroes. They have minds of their own, and explore and attack monsters as their whims dictate. You can guide them along by building certain buildings to aid them, or by providing bounties on specific monsters or locations to guide them there. Very imaginative game, one of my all-time favorites.

4. Dungeon Keeper 2. While occasionally crash-happy, Dungeon Keeper 2 (and its prequel, Dungeon Keeper) reverses the tables and puts you as the leader of a dungeon full of monsters. Where in most games you play the heroes delving, in this your goal is to defeat the goodly heroes by building up a nasty dungeon populated by evil monsters to kill them off. The quirky setting is also to its benefit, and the whole game has a "humorous side of evil" vibe to it.

5. Planescape: Torment. This (along with the sister series' of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale) is probably one of the best RPGs ever made, ever. These games are the standard multi-character RPGs that were common in the past but extinct nowadays, but these are the games at their best.

6. Might and Magic: World of Xeen. Really old-school...as in, DOS old-school. If you don't mind a blast from the past (and downloading DOS-Box to get it to run,) this is probably also one of the best RPGs ever made, make no mistake. Turn-based, multi-character, and one of the longest games made at the time. This is, quite simply, the old-school-style RPGs at its best.

7. Master of Magic. As old-school as World of Xeen, Master of Magic is one of the best, if not THE best, turn-based strategy games ever made. As one of several rival wizards, you'll build up armies made up of a myriad of fantasy races and creatures, while researching powerful spells and imbuing artifacts for your heroes. There's a lot of complexity in this title, but that's one of the best things about it.

8. Age of Wonders 2: Shadow Magic. Simply put, a more modern game that takes many, many ideas from Master of Magic. It's probably one of the better turn-based strategy games if graphics are also on your "must-have" list. The Age of Wonders series does much of what MoM did, and it's both complex and simple at the same time.

That's it for me. Any takers?
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
I'm not much of a computer gamer, and so I don't have many games myself.

But, I tend to like the arcade type games.
I have Pocket Tanks (Don't tease me :P)
I have O2mania (I am -very- good at it :))
I have Knights and Merchants (Another -very- good old game, slow to complete everything but so realistic :))
I have WoW (Duh :P)
And I have Warcraft 3 (For RP purposes :))
Jessika Iskuri - Human Female Priest. Shy, innocent, cute little thing.
Dias Raveindell - Human Male Warrior. Cold, silent lone warrior type.

Cassandra Singlider - Human Female Mage. (Deceased)
PM
Hmm, the one game that I just love to play over again is Deus Ex (not that new X-box crap but the old, first game).

Edit: I must admitt that I haven´t even heard of most of those games.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
Grakor456 Wrote:4. Dungeon Keeper 2. While occasionally crash-happy, Dungeon Keeper 2 (and its prequel, Dungeon Keeper) reverses the tables and puts you as the leader of a dungeon full of monsters. Where in most games you play the heroes delving, in this your goal is to defeat the goodly heroes by building up a nasty dungeon populated by evil monsters to kill them off. The quirky setting is also to its benefit, and the whole game has a "humorous side of evil" vibe to it.
Ah! Carpal Tunnel 2. Boy does that bring back memories.
PM
Hmm...Old games that were good.

Doom- Oh, who doesn't remember Doom? Taking guns and blowing up monsters straight from the pits of hell? Ahh, the good times...

Super Mario 64: The game that made Mario truly famous for the nineties, in my opinion. Yeah, save the princess from the evil...turtle thing....And you're an Italian plumber who gets bigger when he eats mushrooms and shoots fireballs when he eats flowers. So many questions...

And finally, the ultimate game in gaming...Soul Calibur. Got to love swinging weapons at your opponents. Oh, I can't wait for the fourth one to come out!!!
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
PM
I can't lie, I'm a console girl at heart. Is that allowed? Or is this PC games? Either way, some of my favorite (and in my opinion, some of the best) games would have to be (in no particular order because they are amazing):

1. Chrono Trigger - It was revolutionary for it's time.. had multiple plots and multiple endings, sidequests, neat battle-system, good character development.. and I love my RPGs. And my Super-nes. My suggestion for these and any other SNes game anyone downloads as a ROM, try to get the Japanese version that is simply translated. Usually it's a lot funnier and more candid. Which is enjoyable to me.

2. Final Fantasy VI (III in the US) - Rebels overthrowing an evil dictator! Awesome, amazing characters, has it's funny moments, seperate plotlines and sidequests, a lot of battle customization for its time, character development is great as well. I love Final Fantasy.. and again, Supernintendo. There are so many reasons why I love this game it's hard to list them all.

3. Final Fantasy IV (II in the US) - The story of a Dark Knight turned good to overthrow an evil power at work within his beloved kindgdom and SAVE THE WORLD! D'aww. Same qualities as the games above, but without the divided plotlines or sidequests. But still amazing. The characters are so endearing and you end up caring for them in a creepy way. The plot and the quests are so fun and surprising it's like watching a really good, 2D movie that you have power over. And of course, on the Supernintendo. This was also the first SuperNES game I beat ever, followed by Legend of Zelda: ALTTP.. (Hmm, should I add that one too?)

4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I don't think anyone who's played this game can argue it's one of the best EVER. It's such an interesting world with so many quests and sidestories, amazing character and world development, a fantastic storyline, awesome graphics for it's time, and so many other things I could gush about. I love this game so much. The gameplay is just EPIC.

That's my two cents.
"The world will look up and shout, 'Save us'. And I'll look down and whisper no."

Kyndri - Treehugging Nightelf Druid
Jendra - Proud Orc Warrior
Ashe - Righteous Human Warrior
Eva - Shady Human Rogue
Elu - Peaceful Tauren Hunter
PM
Hehehe some of the best games ever? Hmmmm

Super smash brothers N64 it was just a really fun game. I really liked all the diffrent characters, though Captain Falcon or whatever his name was is my favorite guy.

...Dare I say it? Halo 1 :twisted: I liked it better then Halo 2 or 3. Me and my friends spent nearly 14hours a day playing split screen....when it first came out.
PM
Console games are allowed, I just didn't put any because I'm largely behind the times in that venue. Only ones I've played are those I can get emulators for on my PC. :P
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
Well, seeing as I've played a few cult-classic games I guess I have to break out my list.

1. Populous: The Beginning.
This game was what brought me down the path of gaming. Even if it seems like a pretty underwhelming game in terms of graphics the thing that made it good was that you could use your magic to change the terrain. There's nothing quite like summoning a volcano in your enemy's fortress and having it stay there forever.

2. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
Practically no one I know has even heard of this game. It was on the Gamecube and possibly other consoles, but didn't really get any publicity at all. The storyline is pretty strange, but the game was executed very well. I personally loved running behind the giant evil robots and taking control of them so they destroyed each other.

3. Timesplitters.
The whole series I would say is good, though I've only played 2 and 3. Another Gamecube game (go figure, it's my only console) the series is essentially a parody of everything. They manage to put in jokes about almost everything in every game, be it about waiting in the elevator at work, zombie movies, time travel, Russians, or Citizen Kane.

4. Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.
The only Ogre Battle game not named after a Queen song. Essentially a strategy game on the Gameboy Advanced, nothing really much about it except it's extremely addicting. Spending hours just to get one of your team to be a Lich is something I would usually never do. This game made me want to.

Well, there's my list so far as ones you haven't posted already.
PM
Grakor456 Wrote:Console games are allowed, I just didn't put any because I'm largely behind the times in that venue. Only ones I've played are those I can get emulators for on my PC. :P
Hehe, I'm the same way.. I used to play all of these games on my brother's SNES when we were little but he's long since moved out and taken it away.. In fact, this thread inspired me to download a SNES Emulator and Final Fantasy VI after I finished my post LOL
"The world will look up and shout, 'Save us'. And I'll look down and whisper no."

Kyndri - Treehugging Nightelf Druid
Jendra - Proud Orc Warrior
Ashe - Righteous Human Warrior
Eva - Shady Human Rogue
Elu - Peaceful Tauren Hunter
PM
HelveteSong Wrote:Doom- Oh, who doesn't remember Doom? Taking guns and blowing up monsters straight from the pits of hell? Ahh, the good times...
Hello...fellow Doomer. <3 And did you know that recently Half-Life was voted the one FPS game beter than Doom? Iv never really played Half-life myself, but I watched my ex play almost the whole game. It was...interesting...just not beter than Doom, I think.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
PM
Quote:Super Mario 64

Wow I haven't thought about Super Mario in a while.. I remember playing it with my sister a lot and actually getting along with her (which was pretty rare).

I'm gonna throw in GoldenEye for the same nostalgic reasons, I loved that game to death.
PM
I love:

Timspliters(Future perfect is the best one imo)

And yes, one of my favorate games is Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Oblivion was good, but Morrowind is Epic!!!)

And a Blast from the past :The Legend of Dragoon. (My favorate game ever)
PM
Morrowind... Yes, that was epic.

In fact, I haven't gone without making a Morrowind reference in my foruming/gaming since the game came out. Kretol and the GMs probably know all of the ones I've used here. I have a fascination with the Dwemer lore. Those guys were probably the most misunderstood race in the whole game. It made me sad to see them in small ash-piles.
PM
Bishnak Wrote:
Quote:Super Mario 64

Yea, that does bring back memories. Used to play it with my siblings as well. And GoldenEye rocked! Also loved the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Sega consoles.
Boruk Axeripper - Warsong Orc
Bamok Bullhead - Jolly Tauren
Thorel "Cannon" Blackpowder - Pirate Cannoneer
Mark Berkman - Young rogue in training.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I made my character pretty. Jameston 2 157 06-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Jameston
  Christmas Games? Nymus 7 183 12-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  The Japanese make some funny games. Roxas65 4 275 08-31-2013, 08:48 AM