05-19-2018 03:58 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 104
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Aethon
05-14-2018 08:43 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 3090
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Maulbane
04-10-2018 02:09 AM
» Replies: 2493
» Views: 98065
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 11:03 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 80736
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 10:57 PM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 38037

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Some of the best games ever made
A game I still like to plug in once in awhile (at least before I got a new computer loaded with Vista) was Mater of Orion II. Until Galactic Civilizations II came out, Master of Orion II was the best 4X game, period.

Another great game is Tie Fighter. It's very old, yes, but still fun. X-Wing: Alliance was also very good.

And speaking of games witih the letter "X" in them, who can forget the original X-Com?
Simon - Ancient Vindicator
Sorel - I'm a spice trader. No, really, that's what I am! Ignore the Voidwalker behind the curtain...
Irasis - Mute undead warrior-priest
PM
Super Mario 64 - Mario is awesome. Super Mario is even better. Yeah!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The best game ever. 'Nuff said.

Kingdom Hearts I and II - Awesomeness!
PM
Heres my list for my all time favorite games ever.

Zelda: Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Deus Ex (Original PC version - not Invisible War)
Half-Life 1&2
Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon 64
Day of the Tenctacle
Maniac Mansion
The Secret of Monkey Island
Mischief Makers
Grim Fandango
Fallout 1&2
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (I only know one other person who's played this gem....)
Earthbound

I have to say, out of all of 'em, Earthbound is probably my favorite. That game influenced me quite a lot, in my time reflecting on it. It's not serious, it doesn't try to be "epic", it doesn't force itself in any way. It's just quirky, nice, and fun. Has a good sense of humor, too. I tend to like that - hence why all those crazy PC adventure games are up on my list.

Kinda sad that genre is totally dead now.
Spoiler:
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
PM
I'll sneak in Psychonauts. Some of the best writing, character design, creature design, and playability I've ever seen. I say playability because it's one of the only games I've played all the way through completely unbidden.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Kaghuros Wrote:Morrowind... Yes, that was epic.

I' still play Morrowind on my 360 to this day. Maybe just to throw this out there to show my console addictions, Halo: Combat Evolved? Resident Evil 2.. Mmm, core gameplay with some complex puzzle. I'm suprised no one mentioned Knight of the Old Republic. Original Zelda was great, I still like to play that. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge still gives me good playtimes with my buddies. Original Half life is still worth playing. Ohh and mm, good old StarCraft: Brood War. That's were I learned how to Roleplay, and uhh.. other RP-like internet stuff. =)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Sonic Adventure
Gears of War
The Orange Box
Halo 3
Bioshock
Grand Theft Auto IV
Kingdom Hearts
Donkey Kong 64
Sonic the Hedgedog 2
Fable
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Oddworld:Munch's Odyssey
Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory
The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker

Not in any order. I liked Fable more than Grand Theft Auto IV and I liked The Legend of Zelda more than Halo 3.
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
PM
Assassins Creed was good in my opinion

But guys you're forgetting the best game ever...

PACMAN!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
Personally, I don't like FPS and stuff like that so one of my favorite games was the Sims and Sim City because I just loved the controll and power I felt I had over people making them do what I want! :twisted:
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
PM
My favorite game of all time is probably either of the Neverwinter Nights games. Those two and Fable.
Aleksey:Deceased. Crushed by a Tauren hoof.
PM
I like Homeworld, Freelancer, and Black and White. I don't normally label games as "the best", but those three definitely stand out in my mind.
Just came across this thread, don't beat me if it's too dead.

My list (console and PC):

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (including the expansion)

To the above-mentioned FF games I'll add Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X (X-2 sucked, although I liked the "secret" ending(s) )

Knights of the Old Republic (first one - second was okay, but the plot was severely lacking and a lot of the companions needed to be fleshed out)

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (the storyline was very good, I thought, and the varied endings were nice).

Jade Empire

Both Neverwinter Nights games.

Diablo, Diablo 2, Starcraft and all the Warcraft games.

(Edited for spacing)
PM
Earthbound
The Sims (all of them)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Mega Man 2
Parappa the Rapper & related games
Harvest Moon
Sonic CD
Popful Mail
Tetris
Gunstar Heroes
Rocket Knight Adventures

Streets of Rage 3 is my alltime favorite. It makes me wish someone would start making beat-em-ups again.

I should make one...
˜★Sketch Blog
My view on the Best Games Ever?

Half-Life 1 and 2, including Episode 1 and two. And did I forget Opposing Forces and Blue Shift? I think not!

System Shock 2: It was probably my favorite horror game.

Silent Hill 1: Better than the rest, in my opinion.

Team Fortress 2: "Spy Sappin' Mah Sentry!"

Portal: This game was a triumph.

Garry's Mod: I'm addicted.

Zombie Panic! Source: A mod for Half-Life 2. As I tend to say, "I got them braindawgs!"

Final Fantasy VII

Neverwinter Nights: Man, I couldn't leave that one out.

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind

The Warcraft Series

Starcraft

The Diablo Series: Best RPG game ever in my book.

Call of Duty 4
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."
PM
Hm, alot of those games I havent played.. however the one that I played for many years was Underlight. An MMORPG in which if you spoke OOCly you could get permabanned. It wasnt a windowed game, because 'RL would take away from the experience of such intense RP'. And it was true.

In the last year or so, Underlight crashed and burned, unfortunately. There was no other game like it, however this WoW server is the closest I've seen ever. It still isnt what I'd personally consider "strict" RP, but its as close as things get nowadays.

Quote:I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (I only know one other person who's played this gem....)

This reminds me of when I got my tongue peirced...... :shock:
Heart and soul, never bound,
Unless by our own will.
Simple goal, always found,
Through warmth and rains cold chill.
Bound by heart, together stand
Simple task uphold.
To fight and win, fiercely grand,

Forever Horde Behold!
PM
Oh, oh, fun! I love most RPGs...

-Legend of Zelda (All of them, are completely, and totally, amazing. Best game, ever. I swear.)
-Sims (Whole Set) and Sims 2 (Whole Set) and Sim Cities...
-Uhm... Paper Mario... on the 64. That was like, the first game, I ever played.
-Elder Scrolls: Oblivion... and Morrowind, I suppose?
-Fable (Would have been better if you didnt have to follow the story line so closely, and if you could've been female... But that's what Fable 2 is for, right? :D)
-Halo (Was fun, would have been better with multiple endings... or choices. Instead of just "OMG, A FLOOD THANG! KILLITBANG!")
-Starcraft (Who doesn't like Starcraft? I mean seriously. Kerrigan is Queen b***h o' dah universe! Can't beat that!)
-Bioshock (One of the scariest thing I have ever played, but still, very fun. If you killed the little girls, I keel you.)
-Age of Empires! (1, and 2. 3 kinda sucks. I loved Age of Empires, because ya could build WALLS! I mean, seriously. Warcraft, it's just constantly having people hit yer base. Yah need walls, like wc2... or something.
-Harvest Moon! (One of the funniest games I've ever played. My brother's cow was sick, and he hit it with a hoe, and it got better.)
-Other games I forgot.

Yet to... Arrive!

-Fable 2! (Yay, choice to be female, etc.!)
-Spore! (....I shall assimilate you all into one sooper dooper race. Prepare, MORTALS! SPORE COMES OUT ON SUNDAY!)
-Other games I forget.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I made my character pretty. Jameston 2 157 06-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Jameston
  Christmas Games? Nymus 7 180 12-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  The Japanese make some funny games. Roxas65 4 269 08-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Kage
  Bored of Current games Revan 27 610 06-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Nymus