Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 92
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82143
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 552
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3112
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3919

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Soooooo...... Champions Online?
... registered, downloaded the game. Yep, looks like I'm in.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
PM
Got back from work and I'm all downloaded and registered.

Soooooo...... What happens now? Does this work like this server where we just make a profile and set up events?
PM
I'm in, now to download it.
PM
(08-29-2014, 05:05 PM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote: Got back from work and I'm all downloaded and registered.

Soooooo...... What happens now? Does this work like this server where we just make a profile and set up events?

I was thinking so, yeah. Profiles are nice and tell others about your character but they're not really as mandatory as they are here on coth-- there's still a template for a CO profile in the sub forum here on the coth off-topic forum that I think still holds up.

What I was considering doing was basically to create a group of heroes and roll the leader of that group and then create some overarching storyline with some casual RP in between.

Last time we didn't have events but instead we kind of just pushed a storyline when we felt like it and it eventually became problematic. Some players couldn't be on every day and when they logged on after a few days so much had happened that they had no chance of being a part of. It ended up killing the group and I'd very much like to avoid that particular cup of drama this time around.

I don't know how long it'll take my new PC to get here though but it's at least a week, so I don't really know if people want to wait for me to create the group or not.

I'd also like to shape up that new fancy forum Kretol reinstated but it'd be an annoying task to do on an iPhone. I could borrow my fiancee's mac to do it but I kind of get the urge to shoot myself every time I do. Might have to, though.

In short I actually got a little stressed getting this together considering how popular it seems and no PC at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roxas65's post:
  • MstrCorvus
PM
Don't stress out! It's just for fun anyways. By the way, good recommendation. I've been playing for a bit and this definitely takes me back to City of Heroes. I think I spent a good 2 hours making my character too. I'm looking forward to all this C.O.T.H. stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KomodoTheCashew's post:
  • Roxas65
PM
(08-30-2014, 05:54 AM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote: Don't stress out! It's just for fun anyways. By the way, good recommendation. I've been playing for a bit and this definitely takes me back to City of Heroes. I think I spent a good 2 hours making my character too. I'm looking forward to all this C.O.T.H. stuff.

Yeah. First time I played the game I was in character creation for a good hour and a half and that's with being locked out of a bunch of gold content. I spent 90% of my time on CO while subscribing so I eventually started making a ton of characters and costumes, probably more than 20. Despite that none of my characters looked alike and I never saw another player with a character that looked even a little like mine. Speaks volumes for the character creator.

Spoiler:
PM
Bump for @Roxas65
I presume you're still having computer issues? May wish to advise folks to make use of the C.O.T.H. subforum in the meantime before you have a chance to work on the separate forum. That is, to help ensure interest remains.
I Am the Sea

Need an easy way to host/link files and images? Check this thread!

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
I'm still having issues, yes. I can't afford all the parts at once so I'm buying half the components this week and then I'll use the components that still work on my broken PC to hopefully create a working machine. If it doesn't I have to wait until the rest of the parts get here next month in which case I'll probably do what you suggested.

Spoiler:
PM
This is being started once more?! I've still got my characters on it, perhaps I'll pop up here and there.
PM
I got the components I needed today and I'm gonna try to make a working machine. My first time building a rig though so we'll see how it goes.

Spoiler:
PM
Maybe I should use my lifetime sub again sometime...
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
(09-10-2014, 09:16 AM)Harmonic Wrote: Maybe I should use my lifetime sub again sometime...

Rensin, you old dog. I thought you didn't haunt these forums any more. You're more than welcome to join of course. This time I'll try to make sure everything important that happens is scheduled, I promise. In hindsight I really agree with you -- progression was a goddamn mess last time.

Anyways, I was unable to make the machine run. It was going great until I was hooking up the PSU from my old PC. It seems it was made for such a small casing that the cables just couldn't reach.

I'll fix up the sub-forum tomorrow with some rudimentary stuff like profiles and storyline ideas.

Spoiler:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roxas65's post:
  • Harmonic
PM
Spoiler:
[Image: 76D5842F15F73BD01DC9339D59B2BC0553948B3A]

I've been paying it, guise.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 1 user Likes Harmonic's post:
  • KomodoTheCashew
PM
Sanac both strikes fear into the hearts of evildoers and me.

(Jeeeeeez those eyes!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes KomodoTheCashew's post:
  • Harmonic
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elder Scrolls Online Xigo 57 1,316 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Last Post: doombane
  Mortal Online Nostra 8 336 03-17-2012, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  EVE Online Scout 2 173 09-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Saintraven