Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Rosencrat
11-01-2017 05:12 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 36883
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97223
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39984
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31502
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25509

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Speaking of favourites; how about language?
What is you favourite language (real, dead or made up) and why? If you can please add SPOILERED link with audio of the language.

Personally my favourite tongue must be gaelic in all forms and I have learnt some scottish gaelic cause of some distant relatives but prefer the sound of irish gaelic. To me it somehow is both a very soft and soothing language with some real "white noisy" edge to it. This is a song that I like in irish gaelic. (The hard part with gaelic is spelling cause it to me as a swede makes no sense whatsoever.)
Spoiler:
I am also very fond of hebrew for the coarse sharpness to it and I cannot for the life of me understand how those speaking it on a day to day basis do not loose their voices...

And lastly I feel like I need to mention my own country's "native" language, saami which I also like. Most likely cause of the joik I bet, cause that is some lovely stuff. (And you don't even really have to know saami to joik.)
Spoiler:
Sadly I cannot say that I am so fond of my own language, swedish. So... awkward.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
I've always liked how French sounds. So pretty~

Spoiler:

Edit: FFF SPOILERS RIGHT.
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
For me, my favourite language would be Ukrainian. I've always loved Ukraine, for some reason or another..
Ok, ok fine! I love Ukraine because of the Chernobyl disaster. I've always wanted to visit the Zone of Alienation, and see reactor 4.. It's fascinating. And I love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, wich is made in Ukraine by GSC Game World, and wich takes place in Chernobyl.
So, yeah..
Ooh, and Ukrainan sounds lovely when sung. Trust me. Or don't.

Spoiler:
Speaking Ukrainan..

And singing it! Mm, lovely.
I laavv this song. c:
PM
I'd be biased to say German because i'm fluent in it, but outside of that I think that Latin was a beautiful language, and for currently spoken perhaps Italian.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
PM
Anski Wrote:Latin was a beautiful language

This. ;>
[Image: pulp_fiction_jules.jpg]

ENGLISH, DO YOU SPEAK IT MUFUH?

Yeah. I love my native tongue. There are so many different wonderful words, and each one has a sound to it that I like. Even the really twangy, or even horrible sounding ones. I just wish more people saw it like I did.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
I have to be a to'al douche and say Swedish!
Bovel! I didn't notice you where a norrlänning to!
Where in the snowfilled-black-metal-forests do you live?

Yea, this is pretty much what the Swedish language sounds like.. LOL
PM
I've always liked the Slavic and Germanic languages. Lots of hard consonants and very powerful-sounding words.
Torrek | Troll Rogue/Engineer | Currently Shuffling between Booty Bay and Rachet, looking for work and perfecting his designs |Torrek's Journal
Oroth Kodohorn | Tauren Hunter | Wandering the Plains of Kalimdor | Chieftan of the Kodohorn Tribe
PM
Don't they speak Russian in Ukraine? I'm pretty sure they do. One of my friends mom is from Ukraine and she speaks Russian and the text in those videos are russian too.

anyways, I've got three favourite languages. The first is Japanese just becasue of that epic feel. Watch this video and tell me you didn't get chills.
Spoiler:

Then we got latin. So I give to you this beautiful song.
Spoiler:

At last we got Russian. Just because it's such a manly language.
Spoiler:
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
I think Ukraine has it's own language, though it falls into the Slavic family of langauges.

EDIT: If the wiki can be trusted, they have their own language. It's in the same family as Russian, but it's distinct from it.
Torrek | Troll Rogue/Engineer | Currently Shuffling between Booty Bay and Rachet, looking for work and perfecting his designs |Torrek's Journal
Oroth Kodohorn | Tauren Hunter | Wandering the Plains of Kalimdor | Chieftan of the Kodohorn Tribe
PM
Me dear old blackhearted skip, Roxas..

Ukraine has it's own language. It sounds very much like Russian, and they have much in common, but it still is it's own language.
..That sounds very odd..

But, yeah. I dare you to visit Kiev and call the people there Russians!
PM
Wolohoo Wrote:Me dear old blackhearted skip, Roxas..

Ukraine has it's own language. It sounds very much like Russian, and they have much in common, but it still is it's own language.
..That sounds very odd..

But, yeah. I dare you to visit Kiev and call the people there Russians!

Alright! *walks to Ukraine.* HEY RUSSIANS! *get's mauled*
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM

I've always liked the Russian (well, Soviet, but shush) National Anthem far more than the US's. It has a sense of epicness and grandeur that our little English Bar tune doesn't even come close to...
PM
I've got 2 favorite languages. English and Arabic. Third is Latin, but having taken classes on it for 3 years, I feel safe to say that it was great, but still primative. Yes, I'm saying Latin is primative. Wanna fight about it?

Arabic
Surat al-Fatiha

Latin
The first few lines of the Aeneid

English
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I think any language can be sung beautifully, and any language can be recited beautifully, but Arabic, Latin, and English stand above all in this respect.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
PM
My favorite language is the Cherokee and Choctaw languages. I'm about 1/4 of these, and am proud of my heritage. Regretably, I can't speak either. Also, I can't find a good video for either of the languages, so yeah, I'm sorry. My other favorites are French and Japanese. I like French because of the fluidity in it, and I like Japanese because of animes and things like that. I'm also learning French in school.

This is the French one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TvLSvvKMc

This is the Japanese one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfEqnc7MMFQ
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speaking of vikings! waffenbaum 2 144 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Djura
  Speaking of Wow. Renorien 4 178 02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Tarne