The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stormrage Plot
I did a search and didn't find anything recent so I hope this question isn't a repeat. I am the Queen of User Errors. One of my favorite Warcraft novels is Stormrage and I was curious as to how the plot is represented in Cata (other than Malfurion's glorious return). I didn't play retail so I am still learning about all of the in-game changes brought with the expansion. From what I understand Fandral is a boss now right?

What about for CotH? Were any events held regarding the Nightmare Lord's attack on Azeroth? Are there any planned/plotted/desired? Does CotH recognize the novel as canon? That might be an odd question, but I am from Starwars roleplay and so many novels are not held as canon (it's all political fan boy hubris).

Other than what was caused by the Shattering, are we to roleplay as if some areas are also damaged by the Sleeper attacks? I appreciate any responses and uh, well do be gentle with me if the answer is an obvious one.
I don't know...Some novels are part of the flow, and others are apocrypha (like with Star Trek). Other than that, I really couldn't say. I would hold it canon, but again, I don't know if it's meant to actually bridge a gap in lore or if it's just written for cash and giggles. (Or if it's already been retconned by Cata or MoP derp writers)
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(05-19-2013, 07:24 AM)Nightharrow Wrote: What about for CotH? Were any events held regarding the Nightmare Lord's attack on Azeroth? Are there any planned/plotted/desired? Does CotH recognize the novel as canon? That might be an odd question, but I am from Starwars roleplay and so many novels are not held as canon (it's all political fan boy hubris).

Canon, yes. I was the last GM to plan it, but wasn't able to complete the chain that I intended to event. Everything would have gone as it did in the novel. The players would've assisted Shalara (a dragon of the green flight) during an incursion in to the Emerald Dream, where their dreamforms would've helped take down some Nightmare baddies like the Shadow Satyr. Badda bing, badda boom, Malfurion wakes up and turns the tide of the (losing) war. Would've concluded with his image being present to thank the players. Then, I'd've summed up the novel's conclusion in a news post and alluded to Tyrande and Malfurion's wedding.

The events of the novel occurred pre-Shattering*, thus the story cannot be evented now (unless done retroactively), so if anyone was a part of it and had been wondering what my intentions had been, see above!

*The next novel (chronologically and in terms of printing) is The Shattering by Christie Golden. The beginning of The Shattering references the effect the Nightmare had, so that's that.

Quote:Other than what was caused by the Shattering, are we to roleplay as if some areas are also damaged by the Sleeper attacks? I appreciate any responses and uh, well do be gentle with me if the answer is an obvious one.

I would -love- it if you did. The events described in Stormrage should have affected nearly every sentient creature on Azeroth on some level, but it's poorly represented in-game and rarely referenced in quests. At the very least, everyone should be aware of it. Malfurion used his powers to telepathically connect with the dreamers who fought.
(05-21-2013, 06:04 AM)Delta Wrote:
Quote:Other than what was caused by the Shattering, are we to roleplay as if some areas are also damaged by the Sleeper attacks? I appreciate any responses and uh, well do be gentle with me if the answer is an obvious one.

I would -love- it if you did. The events described in Stormrage should have affected nearly every sentient creature on Azeroth on some level, but it's poorly represented in-game and rarely referenced in quests. At the very least, everyone should be aware of it. Malfurion used his powers to telepathically connect with the dreamers who fought.

I never read Stormrage, so...what's a Sleeper attack, and what are the effects to roleplay?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Early on, people began falling asleep and wouldn't wake up. I think that Nightharrow is referring to the part where those people began to 'sleepwalk' and attacked each racial capital. How deeply involved your characters were in the Nightmare trouble is up to you, but it got to the point where anyone who fell asleep was in danger of being unable to wake up again. They'd either have stayed away to help subdue the sleepwalk-attackers or might well have succumbed to sleep and had some wickedly bad dreams before Malfurion saved the day.

It's not a long novel. I read it in about six hours, and I read slowly.
How many of these were killed as they attacked the world's major cities?
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Numbers are never given, but it's hinted that a fair number of people died. Some fell to the sleepwalkers, some had to kill the sleepwalkers, some weren't able to return to their bodies before they died of thirst/starvation/being attacked by a sleepwalker or another devious miscreant who took advantage.
Holy crap that's awesome.

Hggggn I'd love for events of this to have been done :C
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Hard cheese, Captain Robert! I wish I could have finished what I had planned, but the window of opportunity has now closed. That said, I'd be happy to do some Skype RP if people want to play out those events on a smaller scale.
Great because Soae's father is a Druid who fell to the Nightmare and was unable to wake. I wanted clarification before I continued the story I am writing in the IC section.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite RP Plot? Grakor456 32 5,045 01-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Dondaman320