The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The F-Bomb in a Fantasy Genre?
Anyone who's RPed with Piken or at least passed by him while he was talking has probably noticed he swears alot more than he probably should. Lack of vocab ftw! =D But yes, anywho, I agree with what Cressy said in her first post about the languages and all that. I've always thought like that and if someone asks him/me about his filthy language, well.. he'd prolly tell you to eff off, I'd say that's just what he heard throughout his life. <shrug>

I'm also -far- too lazy to think up a word or phrase. Why do so when I already have a wide arsenal of evil, filthy swears I can spout out at a moments notice? ^.^

And also, Thrall says it. It must be allowed. Either that or he was like "EFF YOU" and just punched out his mature language filter..
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Errata Wrote:What's wrong with flowers and horns, Hawk?!

I never said there was anything wrong with them! :O Just... on a hat it's odd. Especially on Thrall. They totally don't match his eyes. *cough*

Errata Wrote:We could use some swearwords invented by Oxhorn

Totally agreed! Damn blit...
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
You're a blit yourself!
Little by little, one travels far.
i luv u rly. D8

But to put this thing back on topic! We're simply too lazy to think of new swear words. XD If you can think of some yourself, by all means go for it! In fact, I'm now tempted to make a list of possible swear words. BUT, not now.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hawk Wrote:i luv u rly. D8

But to put this thing back on topic! We're simply too lazy to think of new swear words. XD If you can think of some yourself, by all means go for it! In fact, I'm now tempted to make a list of possible swear words. BUT, not now.

Hello, Procrastination and Laziness, what's up buddies? (;
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Jeff Wrote:That word is actually not a new one at all. It can be traced earlier than Latin, but I know for sure in Latin "Futuo" (correct me if I am wrong, I am rusty) is a direct translation into the f-word, and it was held just as vulgar.

Actually there would be no direct translation to the f word because it started as an acronym. It stood for Fornication (sex) Under Command of the King. The English tried to breed out the Scots by having English lords fornicate newlywed Scot brides. Luckily for us it didn't work.

*Edit* Aparently I was wrong. I was told by a friend of mine to look up it up on Wikipedia. Here's the article.Warning: It has many references to the word and it's etymology.
Just tossing this out there - "F-word" is actually not as bad as everyone thinks it is! It's more of a death threat, if anything.

"Fluck you" (Minus the L) comes from "Pluck you", which is basically an archer's death threat used in medieval times. Roughly, "Pluck you!" = IMMA SHOOT YER EYES OUT. /STRING BOW

Also, did you know that flipping the bird at someone is actually a compliment? Among medieval archers, anyhow. It was merely a way of showing a friend you still have your plucking finger! (The middle finger is the main finger used in drawing a bow. Without it, it'd be quite hard and awkward.) In medieval times, I've read, rather than keeping captured archers hostage, they would simply mutilate them by removing the middle fingers so they couldn't draw a bow.

And eh.. I'm pretty sure "Shite" is the old version of sh-- yeah. Personally, I see nothing wrong with using these words in game, since there IS a history and a base behind them both.

I love being an archer IRL. <3 So yes, The F-Word has many origins, as does the S-word!
Y'know, if I could figure out how to do one of those fancy character list thingies everyone has in their signature, I would.. Soso. So. There! /pout
The archer thing actually stems to a different hand gesture, which is the equivalent of flipping someone off, but in Britain. Instead of flipping them off, they hold up their middle finger and index finger in a V with the back of the hand facing toward the offender, because those were the two fingers that archers used for their longbows, and people used to cut those both off. It basically means "I'm gonna get you!"