08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 379
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2816
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85579
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2359
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3413

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

The Lore has hit Critical Mass.
(12-02-2011, 09:02 AM)CappnRob Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 08:29 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: I never liked the idea of Thrall ditching everything so he could run off and have a girlfriend and not be warchief. I speculated why he even needed a girlfriend and I think Grakor mentioned something about perhaps an heir or a lineage and, welp, there it is! Random plot device girlfriend just there to have random plot device pregnancy cause Thrall needs kids, y'all.

I don't know much about the dragon aspects but I think that whole changing of Thrall bothers me a bit since the girlfriend just seemed so random and I don't really like how females get used to be these random love interests and such. If you wanted to introduce a compelling female character there'd be better ways than this. :/

Thrall ran off so he could tear the evil forces of nature a new asshole alongside guys like Nobundo and stuff. He just got the girlfriend as a side perk, but yeah, she's sort of lame and just tacked on, but pfffft what do you expect from Warcraft writing?

And that's an interesting theory, Hawk, except we've got a ton of other immortal things running around in WoW besides the dragons.

I don't know what to expect from Warcraft writing or what to think of it since I'm not very familiar. I just remember one old rp experience where a friend's rp character was being prodded about how he should have a mate and children and my char's like "Well so what if he doesn't have one? Thrall doesn't and he's the damn warchief."

I just felt like there are things you could look up and aspire to that wouldn't fall into the whole trap that they gotta have kids, especially in a society where it's more important to prove yourself and you don't get a free pass based on your parents.

I just hope they don't give this orc kid a free pass or treat the kid as better than the other orcs without proving themselves or such. What are bets they'd make it war chief just because the writers feel it's appropriate for being Thrall's kid?
I are sad.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
<Is the only person who likes it, apparently>

I would like to air on the side of Hawk's idea, which suggests we're going to be dealing with more commonfolk to back us up instead of you know...

Time-traveling
Life-altering
Dream-walking
Magic-Binding
Earth-Forming
30,000 year-old

Dragon -Aspects-
[-] The following 1 user Likes Krilari's post:
  • CappnRob
I'm completely unsurprised and not all that miffed about this. I expected something to the effect of this, actually, and you know what? I think it's a good thing. The removal of four all-powerful immortals charged to protect the world and everything in it will at least make Blizzard's writers stop, think and maybe get a bit creative when they're devising a solution to the next batch of problems facing Azeroth. That said, I've never been that engaged with the game's lore since around the beginning of WotLK, so half of me doesn't really care.

Don't get me started on Aggra, though. She is, by all accounts, a girlfriend for the sake of a girlfriend. If the devs figured they needed a new female character up there in the forefront of things, they're doing it completely wrong.

(However, Cressy's signature has literally just made my day.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Sol's post:
  • Cressy, flammos200
PM
(12-02-2011, 09:06 AM)Wuvvums Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 09:02 AM)CappnRob Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 08:29 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: I never liked the idea of Thrall ditching everything so he could run off and have a girlfriend and not be warchief. I speculated why he even needed a girlfriend and I think Grakor mentioned something about perhaps an heir or a lineage and, welp, there it is! Random plot device girlfriend just there to have random plot device pregnancy cause Thrall needs kids, y'all.

I don't know much about the dragon aspects but I think that whole changing of Thrall bothers me a bit since the girlfriend just seemed so random and I don't really like how females get used to be these random love interests and such. If you wanted to introduce a compelling female character there'd be better ways than this. :/

Thrall ran off so he could tear the evil forces of nature a new asshole alongside guys like Nobundo and stuff. He just got the girlfriend as a side perk, but yeah, she's sort of lame and just tacked on, but pfffft what do you expect from Warcraft writing?

And that's an interesting theory, Hawk, except we've got a ton of other immortal things running around in WoW besides the dragons.

I don't know what to expect from Warcraft writing or what to think of it since I'm not very familiar. I just remember one old rp experience where a friend's rp character was being prodded about how he should have a mate and children and my char's like "Well so what if he doesn't have one? Thrall doesn't and he's the damn warchief."

I just felt like there are things you could look up and aspire to that wouldn't fall into the whole trap that they gotta have kids, especially in a society where it's more important to prove yourself and you don't get a free pass based on your parents.

I just hope they don't give this orc kid a free pass or treat the kid as better than the other orcs without proving themselves or such. What are bets they'd make it war chief just because the writers feel it's appropriate for being Thrall's kid?

Well, he'd make a better warchief than Garrosh /rimshot

And Warcraft writing is tripe, cliche, corny and unoriginal. It's been this way since the first RTS game, so stuff like this is NOT BIG SURPRISE to me.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
JAINA + THRAL 4EVER

Anyway.

I cannot watch this video on this computer. What I think I'm getting is that there are no more dragons?

Which makes me wonder, how will druids train now with no more Ysera? Malfurion rules the Emerald Dream...? N'zoth is still kicking around in there.

I'm probably getting this totally wrong lololol--I want my new computer. :c

[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • flammos200, Aphetoros
PM
I'll say I'm not really "in" on all the lore that's happening, but I have to say I actually really liked it and think it's pretty cool. <Shrug>
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PM
Isn't it magical, Sol?

Anyways, I see what they are trying to do, I guess. Setting things up for the next expansion...But really, it is getting a bit crazy.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
Hey. Hey.

I'm not even gonna get on Thrallbaby, or the whole Tolkien-esque way the dragons go poof. I would have been perfectly accepting if those guys would have just -died- in the final fight.

BUTNAH. HAPPY ENDING. 'WE USED UP ALL OUR POWA ON DIS ONE. WHOOPS'.

How does that even work? Kalecgos only had the power for like, a year or so at the most. How does he blow that all on one fight?

And why would the power be limited? They've been alive for a bajillion years by this point, and now it suddenly goes kaput?

That's not even getting into the questions like the ones c0r's asking.

Just... Bleh! I've never been the one to plead for a diversion from blizz lore (as I said, I actually supported everything up to this point!), but MAN. This is one of those times where I can honestly look at this and go no. That shouldn't be there. Can we take it away?

/shrug
PM

Oh dear.

Well, we'll see how it goes, I guess, when they change...everything. I hope all the dragons don't up and vanish, though. That'd be disappointing.
Although I kind of lost heart when the pandas were announced anyway, so...eh.
PM
I got the impression that the Dragon Aspects willingly gave up their power after witnessing first-hand what had been achieved primarily through the efforts of Thrall and the rag-tag band of mortal adventurers he was fighting alongside.

Pragmatically, it actually makes a lot of sense. The Aspects are likely aware of the pervasive influence of the Old Gods and don't want to see any of themselves turn into a second Deathwing. For the direct benefit of the players, this also means that we're less likely to see another "X has been corrupted/went mad and must be put out of their misery by a 25-man raid" scenario in the future.

Also, note that the centrepiece of the next expansion is a bunch of chilled-out panda bears and that the main villains of the storyline seem to be nothing more than the physical manifestations of "bad vibes, man". We don't need our favourite colour-coded omnipotent wyrms to sort that out for us. :D
PM
I'm sure they'll introduce another Old God as the source for the 'bad vibes'. However, I stand by my personal idea that the expansions go like this...

Mists of Pandaria : Old God

Next Expansion (No idea. Azshari, maybe...) : Old God (Probably N'zoth)

Last Expansion ( Assault on Argus ) : Sargeras

Sargeras is still alive as a 'spirit' as Aegwynn destroyed his physical body. He will be the final raid of WoW... I'm sure of it!
PM
Taking away Dragons has made me lose any will what-so-ever in ever getting a retail account. =(

Silly Blizzard, only -cool- games have dragons. Blizzard no longer wants to be cool.
PM
(12-02-2011, 10:15 AM)Reigen Wrote: Taking away Dragons has made me lose any will what-so-ever in ever getting a retail account. =(

Silly Blizzard, only -cool- games have dragons. Blizzard no longer wants to be cool.

Now now. They still have Dragons. They're just mortal. And.. not really strong anymore, apparently. And.. I guess lose all that makes them cool dragons.

..Shut up.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PM
(12-02-2011, 10:25 AM)Piken Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 10:15 AM)Reigen Wrote: Taking away Dragons has made me lose any will what-so-ever in ever getting a retail account. =(

Now now. They still have Dragons. They're just mortal. And.. not really strong anymore, apparently. And.. I guess lose all that makes them cool dragons.

..Shut up.

This is the harbinger of a Mortal-Dragon class(Not race. The second Hero Class would make the most sense.) and you know it. It's the smart thing to do, with such a horrible decision. For the record, there are awesomecool Dragons in other universes that -aren't- sentient in the way we know sentience. I.E. Proto-Dragon level of intelligence.

Speaking of which, this means tons for a Titan expansion. Why? Because the Charge of the Dragonflights was given to the Aspects(The duty to protect Azeroth) by the Titans themselves. And while this entailed infinite power, it also meant eternal duty. You can bet the Titans will be peeved if they return, for the Dragons abandoned their duty.

Oh, and it's just a prelude to the Dragon Aspects becoming Raid Bosses. We obviously couldn't kill nigh-godlike creatures that had power over the aspects of reality(Harr harr, like we hadn't done it before).

In conclusion: It's pretty much the silliest way to end Cataclysm that I could ever have imagined.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So Mass Effect got blamed for the most recent school shooting. Roxas65 7 355 12-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Xigo
  A mass conflict RP? Echo 39 1,073 08-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Last Post: Echo
  Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Mathias 64 2,003 06-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Last Post: JVNemesis
  Mass Effect RP Thoradin 225 5,951 05-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Rowgen
  Mass Effect 3 [SOVEREIGN MASSIVE SPOILERS IN THREAD!] Roxas65 306 11,208 04-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Roxas65