08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 359
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2633
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85228
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2204
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

The Skeleton in the Closet
One of the things that scares me most is being alone in the dark. I'm fine alone in the middle of the night with lights on in my house. I'm fine in the middle of the bush when it's pitch black when someone is with me. But the moment I'm alone, oh boy. I can't really explain it, but I always have this feeling that there'll be something... There. Not sure what, exactly, but something that isn't friendly.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
PM
I read once that people are not always afraid of the dark itself, but more of the feeling of uncertainty that the darkness brings. When you can't see in the dark, it makes you feel uneasy and that is what induces the fear. But yeah. I'm also more or less fine when with someone, but alone in the dark is not my cup of tea. That is why I close my eyes and go to sleep :D

PM
(11-23-2013, 07:24 AM)Whorak Wrote: I read once that people are not always afraid of the dark itself, but more of the feeling of uncertainty that the darkness brings. When you can't see in the dark, it makes you feel uneasy and that is what induces the fear. But yeah. I'm also more or less fine when with someone, but alone in the dark is not my cup of tea. That is why I close my eyes and go to sleep :D

Yes, it's because it gets harder to know if danger is nearby. Uncertainty of nearby danger causes our "fight or flight" instincts to stay on alert and that in turn causes a person to misinterpret it and start to think about what actually might lurk around the darkness.

It's much better to just stay in darkness yourself. Standing where it's bright and looking into darkness leaves you blind. Standing in darkness let's you see where it's bright and in the dark, if you've got good night vision. That's why i usually take the darker paths home at night.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
/points at signature
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
(11-23-2013, 10:24 AM)Xigo Wrote: /points at signature

You are not afraid of anything...

Spoiler:

...except evil kitty.

[Image: 2d9wxs5.jpg]

PM
I have a minor fear of the dark because of watching the movie "Darkness Falls" when I was like 7 or 8. I can walk alone in the dark when there's natural light from the moon or streetlights. When it's really dark I prefer to stay inside, or walk with a friend or a dog that can defend me. Though, I think besides that movie, "Jeepers Creepers" also affects that fear.

I have a fear of open water. I'm kind of like Finn the Human from Adventure Time. If I can't see the bottom, I'm not going in. If I can't touch the bottom, I'm not going in. If the bottom is not solid, I'm not going in. Plus, I can barely swim in open water. I don't want to drown or have creepy things touch me, or even attack me.

I have a fear of rejection. I don't fret about it often, but it does happen. Sometimes I get panic/anxiety attacks when I get stressed out over it. My theory of how it came to be is probably from my younger years of social interaction with my parents at home and classmates at school. I don't want to elaborate because it's not needed. Let's just say the hardships made me more "wise" among my peers.

I have a fear of weakness. I'm a very passionate person, but emotions are messy business for me. I dislike to cry in public or in front of people. I think of the movie "Dororo" when I say "I am a boy and boys don't cry. I have to stay strong.". The character was female like I am, but we're both masculine in personality and appearance. I refuse to admit that I was proven wrong or even say sorry. I'm loving, but cold. It doesn't seem to make much sense unless you know me well enough to show you how I can be.

Those are my fears, but I have no problems with them. I accept them and know my way around them.
Quote:"Your faction is the underdog right?
You always lose and suck at everything.
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
- Panoss from the WoW retail forums
PM
I've had some time to think about this and I've remembered something that I am horrified of-- frozen lakes. I'm not really scared of anything lurking in it or anything, but I'm extremely scared of going through the ice and every time I have to walk across a frozen lake, I keep expecting it to happen every single step I take.
Spoiler:
PM
(12-02-2013, 01:43 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: I've had some time to think about this and I've remembered something that I am horrified of-- frozen lakes. I'm not really scared of anything lurking in it or anything, but I'm extremely scared of going through the ice and every time I have to walk across a frozen lake, I keep expecting it to happen every single step I take.

I've actually walked across a frozen lake and fallen in before.. :|||
PM
(12-02-2013, 02:04 PM)ProjectRandom Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 01:43 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: I've had some time to think about this and I've remembered something that I am horrified of-- frozen lakes. I'm not really scared of anything lurking in it or anything, but I'm extremely scared of going through the ice and every time I have to walk across a frozen lake, I keep expecting it to happen every single step I take.

I've actually walked across a frozen lake and fallen in before.. :|||

And you died, right?
Spoiler:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roxas65's post:
  • Aethon
PM
Yeah.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ProjectRandom's post:
  • Aethon
PM
This is for you, Roxas.

[Image: 1350490360_guy_jumps_cannon_ball_into_frozen_pond.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like FlyingSquirrel's post:
  • Whorak, Aethon
PM
(12-02-2013, 05:23 PM)ProjectRandom Wrote: Yeah.

See? Scary stuff.

(12-02-2013, 05:26 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: This is for you, Roxas.

[Image: 1350490360_guy_jumps_cannon_ball_into_frozen_pond.gif]

That's a pool, it's not so bad. Although that's fun GIF.

The reason I'm so scared about it is because if you or somebody else isn't -really- fast, it can go really bad extremely quickly. The chill instantly disorients you and it's quite common to end up under the ice, unable to find the breach you came in through. It doesn't take long for the cold to completely paralyze you either.
Spoiler:
PM
Loneliness, the dark and murky unknown lurking just beyond your line of sight in deep water / grimy pools / lakes. Death.
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.
PM
Crippling fear of heights.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
(12-02-2013, 06:57 PM)Xigo Wrote: Crippling fear of heights.

I want to see you play Mirror's Edge while using the Oculus rift.
Spoiler:
[-] The following 2 users Like Roxas65's post:
  • CappnRob, Aethon
PM