The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Split Skull (Catacombs lounge and store)
So...it may be a little too early to request this, both because I'm still a peon and because we've yet to kick off the actual RP. But I'll go ahead and post this anyway, for future reference or otherwise.

I've begun to put in motion the formation of the Split Skull, a lounge and shady shop run by the guild Shadow Emporium. We've selected a small part of the Karazhan catacombs for the location due to it's atmosphere, it's size and it's general awesomeness. I understand that, at one time, the catacombs were occupied quite often, but now sit alone and abandoned. My hope is that by setting up this little hub, we can breathe some life into the catacombs once again, as well as give the shady and morally ambiguous characters wandering across Azeroth a unique little place to call home. Maybe even birth potential RP plots from it, too.

The little slice of the crypts I've selected is in the Tome of the Unrepentant (which I assume is a typo). There seems to be some alterations made (unless the furniture has always been there) so we can still set up shop under the current circumstances. However, assuming it is not too much trouble, it could use some livening up.

Lounge area:
http://i.imgur.com/YqDxAxD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7EWJXpu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BgTmaVJ.jpg

Obviously the most altered part of the catacombs. It can easily be used for the desired purpose, though some little additions might be nice, regardless. Mostly in a blood elven style; hookahs with cushions surrounding them, maybe a rug or two, maybe some tapestries or paintings. Maybe a couple of those little couch-things that you can find around Silvermoon. Some mage tables, too (like the ones in the human manor). The secret room can be...something nefarious? Or maybe just an office of storage space. Also, some additional sources of light might be nice.

Shop area:
http://i.imgur.com/Xk6UCRi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Jv1X4Iy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3pBXHJW.jpg

We can easily say the sarcophagi are used to store items, but some large shelves of various doodads and thingies would also be lovely. The store has no real specialty, though it will be a place where people can buy various weird and sometimes dangerous items (various reagents, animal/humanoid parts, etc.). If there are shelves in that game that reflect that (from alchemy trainers and so on) that would be awesome. Also, additional light sources.

If this is asking too much, I understand. Especially seeing as we've not opened it for business yet. Still, I have high hopes for this and the RP it may bring, and I hope that you guys see the potential that I do.

Thank you. *awkward bow*
The last time the catacombs and building was brought up, a good majority of the server did not want to see it decorated to the extent it was before and instead liked it more as a sparse area. There was a bar/lounge area there, but when we switched over to cata, the server expressed their wish to not have that done again.
How dare they. Seriously tho.. was there a thread about the catacombs in the past that I missed? I personally liked that area quite a lot and I did get to RP there quite often. I even remember the events hosted there.. I forgot the name but I remember them! I'd love to hear from those that wanted the catacombs as a sparse area, how much did you RP in the area as it is now? I honestly don't remember -ever- seeing -anyone- RP within the catacombs once we got to Cata. Hell, no one ever RPs in Deadwind Pass besides me and a few others.. :c

One way or another, I'd -love- to have it back as it was or at least something along those lines.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
It's really hard to RP the Catacombs as an unsettling place full of inherent evil when it's gaudily decorated.
(09-19-2014, 02:50 AM)Scout Wrote: It's really hard to RP the Catacombs as an unsettling place full of inherent evil when it's gaudily decorated.

You don't need to decorate the WHOLE thing, just the first part of it. That way we can have the best from both worlds. The area is pretty big anyway so it shouldn't be a real problem.

(09-19-2014, 02:50 AM)Scout Wrote: It's really hard to RP the Catacombs as an unsettling place full of inherent evil when it's gaudily decorated.

This had crossed my mind, actually. Squi and I went 'sploring down there the other day IC, scouting it out. I'd forgotten juts how creepy it is (especially with headphones D:) and I can see putting a lounge there kind of disturbing the atmosphere. Even if the whole place isn't changed...there's still a lounge there. A safe haven. Maybe it's best that there isn't one.

In any case, I'm still eager to RP down there occasionally, whether a lounge is set up or not. Maybe I'll just have to think of another reason.
Isn't it an interior environment? Couldn't we have a phased and decorated version available without having the potential issue of people abusing phasing because of this?
Phase it, put a portal inside, port inside, wall off exit? That way no one can run around in the phased area. Should work, but kinda seems like a little bit of a hassle when we have...

[Image: 46238-Spongebob-imagination-gif-ikhI.gif]
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
An alternative would be to use master's celler, or whatever the name of the other catacomb/cave was. Unless of course people don't already use it for spooky RP that only happens once in a blue moon between two characters.

As an old foagie, I'll say (and I also feel like this applies to a lot of old folks, but speak up if you disagree) that there are a lot of poor memories surrounding the Catacombs. And sadly, the server has a lengthy memory when it comes to drama that happens. I think, @"Reigen" that that can lend an air of explanation as to why people don't want it decorated again. There's a lot of baggage that comes with the spot that nobody wants to have to uncover.

That aside, this is a neat enough idea, but I don't think that the Catacombs is the proper place for it.

* muhaha8 tosses in his two cents.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Even if only part of it was decorated, it would throw everything else off for me. You wouldn't be able to use that location for anything other than it's decorated purpose, and it would ruin a lot of immersion when people are wandering around and then suddenly one part is a tavern. Besides, having a tavern in a pit of unspeakable evil formed because Medivh committed so much evil that reality warped seems kind of strange to me.
(09-19-2014, 10:18 AM)Dae Wrote: Isn't it an interior environment? Couldn't we have a phased and decorated version available without having the potential issue of people abusing phasing because of this?

On this, I'm pretty sure phasing no longer works on the emulator, as of Cata. Though the emu devs are probably working on fixing that.
(09-19-2014, 11:12 AM)Scout Wrote: Even if only part of it was decorated, it would throw everything else off for me. You wouldn't be able to use that location for anything other than it's decorated purpose, and it would ruin a lot of immersion when people are wandering around and then suddenly one part is a tavern. Besides, having a tavern in a pit of unspeakable evil formed because Medivh committed so much evil that reality warped seems kind of strange to me.

When was the last time you RP'd in the catacombs?

As for what Muhaha said... What has OOC drama to do with decorating a place..? I thought we were all grown up.

To be honest, I am pretty sure we can just say that it is ICly NOT the catacombs.. I don't see where's the harm in helping a bunch of people that want to RP in an area instead of leaving the area dead just because of some OOC crap that happened in the past and because of some immersion killing. I only see is few players (which are also newish) wanting a nice zone for their guild/group.. Maybe we can find another place if this is so off limits.

The last time I RPed in the catacombs was a couple of weeks ago. I also have plans to utilize them for Penumbra in the near future.
Alternatively, I could just try to set it up in a different location entirely. I do sort of agree that putting a lounge down there might kill some of the atmosphere. And there's already enough there to appeal to different kinds of RP. So I'm completely willing to rescind my request and just look for a different spot. Maybe one that is already furnished, too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whimsical Skull Mask FlyingSquirrel 3 988 06-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Sol