Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 93
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82185
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 559
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3121
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3934

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

The Square Sea (Minecraft!)
[Image: MC2.png]
(Fitting awesome video of epic here -> here )

Hiya ^^

Given how I know many here like Minecraft and how the CotHcraft doesn't seem to be very active (or even running for that matter), I've decided to run a server of my own, which will be focused on the CotH community. It's small (10 slots) which I figure is more than enough for now :)

The basic idea is to create a sort of “expanded” vanilla experience. You start off in a spawn town following whatever happened in the past of Minecraft : New Amesbury, colonial port bordering the Square Sea. It's a survival server though I'll add Adventure Mode areas in the future and will organize boss battles every now and then.

What to do other than, well, surviving? Well, there's a lot of working magic to buy with emeralds (and you can set up shops to get more emeralds, I'll explain later). You can also build full-sized ships and sail them across the Square Sea as we use Movecraft. You can create bases on land, which you can also protect.

The server runs Bukkit and 1.7.10 Minecraft. 1.8 seemed unlikely for a while, but it seems that the Bukkit team IS developing it, so I wouldn't worry too much. You don't need any external mod or package of any kind.

Please give feedback, ideas for new mods, etc. and I can make it happen provided it works with Bukkit. You don't need to be the best builder, you don't need to especially stick to one theme, just come, build and have fun. (Though I am not that interested in a Creative server, it removes a lot of the fun and I cannot host two separate worlds yet).

You can use any texture pack you want (provided you're not cheating! Pesky goblins!), I personally use a variant of the Dokucraft pack :)

As of now, the server will be mostly focused on CotH, and I'll add your names to a whitelist in case of griefing. :)

Server Adress : s24.hosthorde.com:25609
Live Server Map : http://bit.ly/DerpCraftMap

Enjoy! (and here's some extra info under)

Rules

Since we're a nice server I don't think I need to be especially hard on this one, but here goes : don't cheat, don't hack, and respect your fellow users. Swearing is okay but don't overdo it.

PvP is allowed in the wild, but please show common sense. If someone's having a hard time gathering materials, be nice and don't PvP them. So far there is no "ranking system" for PvP though that might change if you guys really would like that.

Ranks and such!

Some members have extra responsibilities, here is the listAdmin (Minecraft names) :

Admin : Holynexus
Tech Helper : Dust6410 (not a CotH member, but of invaluable help)

World Builder (creative/survival users that will go about creating dungeons and cool stuff for all to enjoy) : Muhaha8, User7 (Dotsy)

Magic System

Other than enchanting, you can add bonuses to certain dropped weapons using nuggets. These also drop from mobs you encounter. Minibosses (which tend to look like they're on fire) also drop certain items that help you in future battles. Watch out for these!

There is also a magic system based on tomes and scrolls. It's simple : you buy the spell tome and learn the spell, or, you can buy a cheaper scroll that has a set number of uses. Some spells are only available through tomes, while others only as scrolls. More spells will be added in the future.

List of spells here :

[Image: mcspells.png]

Buying stuff, huh? How do I start up?

Spoiler:
You can gather coal and other resources to get emeralds at the Bank. You can then use those diamonds to buy things at the many admin shops.

But that's not everything! You can buy villager eggs at the spawn bank, which you can use to set up your own shops! The idea is that the more shops you have, the more people can buy and an economy begins to emerge. Who knows where this will go?

To start up, just walk north, out of the spawn town, where you will find claimable land. Alternatively, you can take the boat teleporter to the mainland, where you can also start out. (Of course you can ask a nice boat owner to sail somewhere for you too). Craft a chest and place it when you've found some lovely claimable land! If you can claim somewhere, then you're allowed to. This includes around the mainland docks. Later use a gold shovel to further expand your claim and a feather to see how far your possessions go.

Boats! And pirates!

Spoiler:
We use Movecraft, which means you can build and sail boats across a vast sea (that we haven't even fully explored yet, but so far it's HUGE!)

You need to build a boat-looking structure. I don't care if it's ugly, but make it a boat, please :) Then you can place a sign on it that says ship. Then put another one where your helm would go, and call it [helm]. Hit the "ship" sign with a bone to start your ship, and then right-click with the bone in your hand to move forward.

You can't put chests on boats! Instead, craft a Storage Crate by putting a chest in the middle of a 3x3 craft grid, and surround it by wood planks. The storage chest will erase any custom item you put in it, so only put vanilla items in there. Sadly there is no fix as it will not work with those other plugins we put :/

You can't "lock" your boat, but since we're mostly focused on CotH, I hope that people will play nice. Put your Minecraft name on that "ship" sign on the second line so we know it's yours :) If you find your boat has been moved without your permission let me know and I'll try to fix it. Obviously, don't move a boat without permission.

There are two other classes of boats : the galley and the frigate. Both go faster, but require coal and a furnace on your ship. Type galley or frigate instead of ship on the sign.

Pictures!
(If you build awesome stuff I'll take pictures and post them here)

Spoiler:

[Image: Minecraft1.png]
[Image: minecraft2.png]
[Image: minecraft3.png]
[Image: minecraft4.png]
[Image: minecraft5.png]
[Image: minecraft7.png]

That should be it, I hope you enjoy and can't wait to see what you build o.o
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holynexus's post:
  • Dae
PM
I approve. I'll be on, for sure.
PM
Yay!

I might have forgotten to mention but please report any buggy behaviour you come across (well, just let me know). There should NOT be many glitches, but I admit I did miss a few things here and there. At least doors are usable and boats can turn now :)
Allons-y!

PM
The server's quite a lot of fun, if I do say so myself. Building a city on an island. I'll make @Holynexus post pictures when it's more complete.
Spoiler:
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]
PM
The server is up again! Working so it doesn't get down again, though I could have been a bit more reactive. Blame depressing exams. :P
Allons-y!

PM
Seems cool, I'll have to get on and scrub around later.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
PM
With the recent events and CotH closing and my own RL troubles (final year - lots and lots and lots of exams and assignments) I kind of drew back from the server but I'll do my best to keep it up, so if you still wanna join it's still there. :)

Still at 1.7.10 for now , what with Bukkit drama, but if you know of an 1.8 release for Bukkit do let me know.

I wanna take the server to survival though, but I don't know, maybe people prefer creative *shrug* But at the same time, I can simply just expand the magic system to give players "creative" powers. I have over 250 spells that are currently sitting unused. :)

Edit : what about RP? How does Minecraft RP work?
Allons-y!

PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Square Face Icon Generator Wuvvums 0 585 03-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Minecraft / Technic Pack / Mostly about Tekkit Ebenezer 0 212 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  Holy Minecraft, batman! Lendri 5 586 09-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Lendri
  The Minecraft Song Nixie 3 382 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Last Post: orangeapple
  Minecraft Tobeh 45 1,511 11-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Kreah