11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 603
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3853
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87708
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3226
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3476

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

The meaning of Life.
The meaning of life can not be answer as a group of as a whole. It can be answered only for each individual. We all have differant meanings to our lives. Mine is to submit myself to Allah, and better myself and my family.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
PM
Mine is to live life by the moment, and do it how you want it when you want it where you want it.

Of course, I'd also have to submit myself to local laws, common sense and others.

To commit myself to my goals is also a big thing for me : D
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
PM
Do whatever one wants as long as it makes one happy. And as long as it doesn't harm anybody that does not deserve to be harmed.
PM
I don't understand why it matters why we are here. Personally I don't anyone or anything put -all- of us here for a reason, but as for the reason I myself live, is to have a laugh, have some fun, meet a load o' friends, make those friends happy, maybe make a bey-bey at one point, and then when I die, donate meh organs to peeps that need 'em. But everyone has their own personal reason for living. I don't think the "grand scheme" of things really matters.
PM
After a lot of thought and "revelations" (yea man, I'm a crazy) I've determiend that for my own personal self, the meaning of life is to find your soul mate, yea that's right, I believe in a soul mate and love etc., just to find that perfect love that you'll have in each life, as personally I believe there is a next life. I don't accept us being animals or it just being biologically to reproduce, or logically no reason for it. But I also won't put down another person's thoughts.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
PM
Ultimately it doesn't really matter what people percieve as the meaning of life. It's natural for humans to try and find a meaning in their existance because it makes us feel comfortable. Personally my goal would be personal happiness for myself and those around me, sometimes it's a lot better to have an illusion for yourself rather than embrace logic because logic can be extremely cold and depressing.
[Image: Signature.png]
PM
Vrahn Wrote:Logic can be extremely cold and depressing.
I want to put that as my signature.

On topic: Philosophy is a frustrating thing. I tend to avoid it when possible, because I'd rather find a black cat in a darkened room when I know it's there, somewhere, than devote my life to looking for said cat. But I've come to believe, in the scant decade-and-some-change I've been alive, that life is geared towards carving your own path. It's not about helping other people or bettering society, just about helping yourself--which, often times, coincides thanks to this thing called a "moral compass." Most of us have one. If not, we're afflicted by antisocial disorder and that's a whole 'nother thing entirely. I believe that you only get one chance to live your life, and nothing else after that--so no matter what you find yourself doing, do it with all your might.

If you want a more concise, less generalized version: Life is about working hard now so you can slack off later. :D
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
PM
Vrahn Wrote:humans to try and find a meaning in their existance

And that is the true meaning of life. To find and try to understand what is around us; we do it subconsciously and consciously, it really is our essence.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
"I wanna live. I don't wanna die. That's the whole meaning of life: Not dying! I figured that sh*t out by myself in the third grade." - George Carlin
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Quote:"I wanna live. I don't wanna die. That's the whole meaning of life: Not dying! I figured that sh*t out by myself in the third grade." - George Carlin

Thank you :3
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
PM
Only to believe in any meaning of life means you acknowledge that there is a greater purpose in the entire universe and you're supposed to contribute to this purpose. While it does seem rather cool, it's also a masterplan for fools. What greater purpose is there to be fulfilled by us what the maker of this masterplan couldn't have done by itself? And if it was that stupid, is the purpose even worth it?

Live your life with reason, not meaning.
Little by little, one travels far.
PM
Kiffles Wrote:
Hawk Wrote:42.

This.

The reason for the answer, as the book says, is because this is a horrible question. Too broad, too unfathomable.

You need to find the ultimate question first.

Or, statement, which is "Sorry for the inconvienience."
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
And the ultimate question is "How many roads must a man travel?" of course. :D

Edit: As far as the actual meaning of life? Don't know, don't care, to be completely honest. :?
PM
Cressy Wrote:
Vrahn Wrote:humans to try and find a meaning in their existance

And that is the true meaning of life. To find and try to understand what is around us; we do it subconsciously and consciously, it really is our essence.

Firstly: I am incredibly suprised with the amount of posts contributed to this topic.
Secondly: I like everyone's theories on life, and living.
Thirdly: So Cressy and Vrahn agree with my point 'o' view?
My Character List:

Mahhal Thunderhoof

[Image: MDJR.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Once In My Life Roxas65 15 593 08-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  A New Life Aphetoros 5 247 12-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra
  A question of religion, philosophy and life Nymus 36 1,302 11-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  Real Life Achievement! :D Aphetoros 2 262 12-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Today I saw the most depressing yet the most beautiful thing of my life. Roxas65 9 390 11-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Reshef