08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 361
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2665
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85292
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2240
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3399

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Tyra Dawnshard [Blood Elf]
Updated age and the way she took the light and so on.
The light she uses is in arcane form due to her relaxed personality.
Shadow magic does not make her lose the light due to arcane form of it.

Her education of the light happened within the court of the sun and shadow magic went on somewhere in darker areas of Silvermoon.
If that's alright I think all I have to do is do a spellcheck and that's that.

EDIT: Done spell check, no errors came up. Added what she did while a high elf.
PM
Actually! Rini is correct, though, I'd think more half-so, than anything, in the case of dem Priests.

What I mean is, yes, some Priests(and arguably some Paladins as well) maintained a faith in the Light strong enough to weather the moral storm of being affected by Fel Energies, likely those that didn't gorge themselves on it and practiced its virtues dutifully.

But. The only ones that seem to be flinging around Light from the Sunwell are the Blood Knights - and even they, via their Matriarch and sub-faction leader, as well as their membership in the Shattered Sun and their subservience to the Sha'tar, generally show a degree of reverence towards the Light, as exhibited even as late as Wrath, via the preaching happening at the Sunwell when the player cleanses Quel'delar, and so early as the beginnings of BC in the case of Voren'thal the Seer.

While yes, a Priest can wield the Shadow and the Light(Alternatingly. Not at the same time/shooting shadow bolts from one hand and holy fire from the other) given proper motivation and mindset, 'the Arcane form of it' is not really something lore-supported. Nor, for that matter, is any form of sun-worship that is not Tauren.

Now here's my suggestion. Play off the whole 'necessary evil' thing with Shadow. Or perhaps she uses Shadow to soothe people's minds and bring about tranquility and peace, or uses its mental aspects to help individuals deal with trauma, grief or anger(Something you mentioned is helping people deal with the scars of their past - that's good. A good concept). You can have any number of reasons to dabble in some Shadow-casting whilst remaining true to the ideals of the Light. Perhaps your character believes the Light to be too noble a discipline to bring against other mortals, instead choosing to assail them with Shadow, and saving the Light-flinging for things like Demons and Undead. It's your choice, so long as it thematically fits with the setting.

Now, here's a bit I take issue with - enchantments(Blessings, really.) that aid in the use of Lightwielding, such as holy symbols and the like, tend to be anathema to Shadow-casting and vice versa. In gaming terms, that which bolsters holy damage doesn't bolster shadow damage - same way around. The philosophies behind the spells, the iconography and the like are generally different, lending themselves to different approaches. It'd also be quite poor form of her trying to keep shadow-casting a secret if any ol' fool could notice that on an otherwise priestly dress, common to say, the Silvermoon-side of the Church of the Holy Light, she's got some 'additions' in the form of icons bearing the touch of the Forgotten Shadow, no?

That's about it. Overall, it's come a long way, and the effort put into it shows. Nice work.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Question about the enchantments. What if, when she is in her true form, herself, the holy enchantments are visible to the eye but shadow ones are not. And when she accesses the shadow form, the holy enchantments are no longer visible or there but the shadow ones are? As in it is enchantment specifically designed to adapt to circumstance of light/shadow. If not I will remove that part and only say it helps her holy powers aka the light. Other than that I'll get to editing.

EDIT: Edits are in place but I feel like I missed something out. Hope you can correct me.

EDIT 2: Ran through spell check. Also will edit the enchantment section as soon as I recieve an answer to my above question.
PM
I do not mean to bump, but it has been a while. Why hast thou forsaken meh?

I also know we are not meant to bump profiles but in case you missed my last edits this is why it's here.
PM
Clarity fairy here!

There's been a couple of spots where wording has thrown people off on what exactly is meant. My suggested edits are:

Quote:As for enchants of the said equipment, they bolster her holy powers and make it easier for her to heal and attack without straining herself too much. If she accesses her shadow form the same goes for her shadow magic as the whole user is consumed with shadow and appears as such. Even though shadow form is meant to bolster the effectiveness of shadow magic, her enchants adapt to the form and add an extra to it. But this does not mean much to Tyra as she rarely fights and hates fighting.

Quote:Question about the enchantments. What if, when she is in her true form, herself, the holy enchantments are visible to the eye but shadow ones are not. And when she accesses the shadow form, the holy enchantments are no longer visible or there but the shadow ones are? As in it is enchantment specifically designed to adapt to circumstance of light/shadow

Really, the best way to go about this is to just have general magic amplifying enchants that will work on everything. This way, if she really wants to hide her shadow magic, none will be any wiser to it:

Quote:The enchants on her equipment amplify her holy and shadow powers and make it easier for her to heal and attack without straining herself too much. The enchantments hold though into her shadow form. Even though shadow form is meant to bolster the effectiveness of shadow magic, they adapt to the form to add an extra kick to it. This does not mean much to Tyra as she rarely fights and hates fighting.

An important thing to note is that shadow magic isn't all that hated. Not only does the prince of Stormwind use it, but the argent confessor Paletress does as well. Blood elves more than anyone are far more accepting of 'darker' magics, but it all depends on the faith the individual has.

I'll also note it's not far off for a blood elf to worship the sun. The notion of a Sun priest fits fine in elven culture and I imagine blood elves and Tauren have a different way of going about it. In fact, we have a couple of elven sun-priests approved already. Priests can pretty much have faith in anything so long as they believe it is right.
PM
Well I changed the enchant thing to what you suggested. Much more simple now and thanks for clearing things up. Further more I made her so she is afraid of what people might think of her if they know she practices shadow magic. As for the priestess of the Sun, well that's what I made her to be. I suppose that's that unless there's something else that needs fixing.
PM
Nope. The edits look good and so does the profile.

Approved!

Wikified!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Kaeleth Emeircenth - Blood Elf Blood Mage - Noble] Lux 15 387 01-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Ashilynn Senn'raethi [Blood Elf Blood Mage; Noble] Scout 3 310 12-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Faedea Bloodscry [Blood Elf Blood Mage] Krilari 8 197 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM
  Sain Arclight [Blood Elf - Blood mage, Magister, Diplomat] Sorum 6 253 10-26-2014, 01:06 PM
  Validar Dawnstrider (Blood Elf Blood Mage) Whorak 9 271 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rini