08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2648
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85254
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2217
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Valicor's Quest for Weight Loss
Greetings again, CotHians. So, many of you know of my late absence, which has rendered me unable to get in game all but one time these past two weeks. I won't explain here how busy I am; you can look at my absence thread if you're curious.

This here, though, is a thread regarding something else. This thread regards one of the things I'm progressing through right now, even in this busy time. Some weight loss. I've started taking a supplement, and I was suggested by a few members of CotH over Skype to keep up a review about it, in case it actually does work. So here we go.
Weekly Log
(to be updated weekly)

Supplement in Question: OxyElite Pro
Spoiler:
[Image: 24q5v7c.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: 10f3iue.jpg]

How Does it Work?: From what I've researched thus far, OEP is a pill that, aside from containing weight-loss ingredients, will raise your internal temperature to allow increase in metabolism and fat burning. It also works as an appetite suppressor, lessening the amount you eat and the sudden urges to eat to further promote weight loss. While some weight loss supplements target subcutaneous fat, the fat surrounding your organs, OEP targets visceral fat, the fat beneath the skin and over the muscle (the fat that everybody wants to lose).

What are the Risks? Are there Side-Effects?: While OEP was previously linked to kidney/liver failure because of a flaw in formula, it now is entirely revised and safe to the public. There are a few things as far as side-effects are concerned, though. Because of the raising of body temperature, one can be more prone to sweat. OEP can also cause one's heart to beat quicker, or to reach higher beats per minute in a shorter time period than usual. Due to OEP containing caffeine, anybody sensitive to caffeine could in-turn be at risk. For more detailed side-effects, view my weekly updates, where I will be keeping this information.

Is it Expensive?: A little, but not the most expensive. The bottle shown above (90 capsules) was about 23 USD on Ebay (and it can be found on Ebay, Amazon, etc).

Warning Label: "This product is only for healthy adults 18 or older. It is not for pregnant or nursing women. Consult with your health care provider before using this product, particularly if you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medication, dietary supplement or have any per-existing medial condition. This would include high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver, kidney, or thyroid disease, diabetes, difficulty urinating due to a prostate condition or if you are taking a MAO-B inhibitor or any other medication, including but not limited to MAOIs, SSRIs or any other compounds with serotonergic activity. This product contains caffeine and should not b taken if you wish to eliminate it from your diet. Do not use in combination with caffeine or any stimulants from other sources whatsoever, including but not limited to coffee, tea, soda, and other dietary supplements or medications. Should not be combined with alcohol. Discontinue 2 weeks prior to surgery. See your doctor immediately if you experience any adverse reactions after taking this product. Do not exceed recommended dosage or use if safety seal is broken or missing. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN."
(and no, this is not all mandatory. They list these things for safety purposes. I am not 18 or older, I did not consult my health care provider. Do not be discouraged by these things, as they are just for safety purposes to list.)

*To note, before I begin this log. OEP is in no way a 'magic pill'. You cannot take this pill and sit around and lose weight. This pill requires some physical activity, even if only speed-walking every day. Please keep in mind that while I will keep a weekly log of my progress and weight loss, I retain what would be seen as a highly active lifestyle (45 minutes of weight lifting 4-5 times a week, 1 of these times also being a 45 minute cardio session) and thus my results will vary greatly from the average couch potato. This product's impact can also be influence by your diet, which I also keep in high regards (many servings of vegetables, good amounts of protein, etc). For anybody truly wanting to burn some weight on this product, do as I have and also eliminate drinking anything but water and low-fat milk.

Week One
I began week one this past Monday, weighing in at 215 lbs (97.5 kg). I took one capsule, drank a glass of water, and skipped breakfast. As a disclaimer, OEP does recommend taking it on an empty stomach, but breakfast should still be eaten 25-30 minutes after taking your pill. Not eating breakfast will result in poor habits, such as late-night snacking.
At school, I felt uncomfortable. This was the tell-tale sign of OEP working as it raised my body temperature. I had to get a drink from the water fountain 13 times in the whole 7-hour school day, where as I used to make it by on 2 times a day. The appetite suppression worked wonders. My previous daily routine was breakfast, and for lunch a milk, two bowls of fruit, two bowls of salad, and a big salad in the middle. I skipped breakfast, and could only manage my milk, one bowl of fruit, and half my big salad before becoming full.

It is said that during week one of taking this pill, because your body is gaining tolerance, it is possible to be dizzy and light-headed. I haven't personally experienced any of this, but I digress. Day two passed much the same, keeping me in check in school and giving me a good feeling. As I said before, though, my skipping breakfast eventually lead to me snacking more at night, and I felt like the appetite suppression didn't quite keep up the entire day. I have had to flex some strong will to resist food at night, and I replace hungry urges with a glass of water.

Day three just passed, and I took two capsules for a cardio workout day. It's printed on the directions label to only take one capsule the first week to build tolerance, then slowly raise to two capsules in the morning if you wish, but I was a rebel and took two anyways. All morning, I had diarrhea, heartburn, and nausea. While I did eat breakfast this morning and drank the same amount of water as usual, and eventually felt better, I wouldn't recommend this rock-headed tactic to anybody else. Lunch was the same, with a good balance of appetite suppression. I had a good-sized dinner, though, but didn't have any late-night snacking (because I ate breakfast).

Day four passed uneventfully. It seems at this point my body has framed and built up a good tolerance of the pill, and the raising of my internal temperature isn't nearly as uncomfortable as it had been on day one. I will say, though, that I'd recommend to anybody to get a solid sleep cycle going when embarking on a quest like this. Sadly, I usually can't get to sleep until nearly midnight every night, which is about 3 hours later than I should be, and the tiredness really hits me after the caffeine of the OEP wears off in the afternoon hours.

Day five, again, passed uneventfully. During lunch, I felt less like my body was forcing me to eat a smaller amount, and more that it was just naturally how much I was supposed to eat. Updates will continue.

Day six passed with a notable event. It being Saturday, I was stuck at home, and boy CotH...let me tell you. I definitely don't cut it as far as a diet goes. Being at home all day, I'll admit to being victim of snacking all day. I've been snacking small portions every hour on the hour, and I can't seem to help it, even with drinking water. I've also got a complexity where I feel ashamed and guilty of snacking. If anybody else here is on a quest to eliminate over-eating, fear not! I've found the answer. It's all a conscious thing. For me, all I have to do is remind myself that weight loss comes with time, and that if my body is hungry then I ought to feed it. Cutting down on feeding takes time, time, time! I also do pushups and situps when I feel especially ashamed of snacking. Besides that, the pill is becoming a natural part of my routine daily.

Sunday was much the same as Saturday, although I did some abdominal exercises in the morning, and it seemed to curb my hunger for a while longer. I figure if I just eat small, healthy portions whenever I'm hungry, I can always work it off. Weigh-ins tomorrow.

Thanks to any that will follow this thread. Please, if you have a question about the product and don't see it answered above, please ask it here and I'll gladly add it for everybody else to see. Any smaller-scale questions, I'd be glad to answer here.

Cheers!
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Valicor's post:
  • Ural, Wedny, Rowgen, Kage, Delta, Cressy, ProjectRandom
PM
Week Two
Monday of Week Two, I weigh in at 207.5 lbs (94 kg). That's a loss of 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg) from last week; an overall loss so far of 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg). Nothing notable.

Tuesday of Week Two, I awoke at 11:30 AM and took two pills. I haven't been hungry in the least all day, only just now eating for the first time today at 6:30 PM. This good appetite suppression might be because I took two capsules this morning. Nothing else notable.

For the rest of the week, I've bumped my morning intake to two capsules. On the bottle, it says you are able to do this, but never to exceed three capsules in a 24-hour period. Because this week I had off from school for Thanksgiving, I really wasn't active. I sat around, and ate whenever I got hungry.
PM
You are a strong man, my friend.

My daily exercise consists of walking up a hill and a quarter of a mile in the snow. And then walking it again.

Fight strong and hard, brother.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nymus's post:
  • Valicor
My exercise routine consists of my 5-times weekly dance classes. I take it as a school subject and three different classes outside of school and it keeps me fit.

Also, my metabolism is crazy fast. I can eat two sandwiches and be hungry five minutes later. I'm a monster but I'm not the strongest or the fittest.
Keep fighting the good fight!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Week Three
Monday of Week Three, I weigh in at 205 lbs (92.9 kg). That's a loss of 2.5 (1.13 kg) lbs from last week; an overall loss of 10 lbs (4.5 kg). Like always, I took my two capsules this morning.
To note, hunger is really starting to hit me now. When I first wake up, my stomach is always growling loudly, and I'm always very hungry for about 20 minutes after I take my capsules. After the effects kick in, I'm not as hungry (of course), but it's noticeable that my body isn't getting as much food as it used to.
Been replacing hunger pangs with glasses of water (even two at a time) if necessary, and I'm trying to eat only square meals (usually just a late lunch and a small dinner, because I'm not hungry for breakfast in the mornings).

Tuesday of Week Three, and I come with an update that the appetite suppression is steadily declining. I've been taking two capsules every morning, and my body is building a tolerance that seems to inhibit some of the appetite suppression. It's nothing too major now, but perhaps over time it may turn into a bigger inhibition, until the suppression is basically ineffective. Feeling hungrier during evening hours, been snacking a little. More updates will come!

The rest of the week passed uneventfully.

I've updated each log with KGs aside the LBs.
PM
Week Four
Monday of Week Four, I weigh in at 204 lbs (92.5 kg). That's a loss of 1 lb (.45 kg) from last week, and an overall loss of 11 lbs (4.98 kg).
Nothing notable this snowy Monday.

Long, snowy week! I had a lot of days off school, so I was stuck home sitting on my butt, eating food and gaming! I enjoyed it a lot, but I'm not sure how it played into my weight loss. I'll be weighing in tomorrow, and updating. Thanks to all that are following this thread!
PM
Valicor's Quest for Weight Loss!

Pharmacists HATE HIM!

Also, when you exercise, play this to it.

Seriously though, good job man. You're doing great, and don't give up. You're much braver than I am for posting openly about something this personal.

Keep us updated, amigo!
PM
You'll do fine once your body adjusts to the less food you're getting, as rough as it is at first. Keep it up mate!

Spoiler:
/lived off two meals a day in college for three months, went from 160 to 145lbs. Probably not healthy.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
Week Five
I weigh in at the start of Week Five at 198.5 lbs (~90 kg). That's a loss of 5.5 lbs (~2.5 kg) from last week, and an overall loss of 16.5 lbs (~7.5 kg) so far.
As I come nearer and nearer to my goal weight, I can't help but be happy. While I haven't slimmed down as much as I had planned to visually, it still makes me glad that the numbers can't lie, and that I am indeed losing weight.
At this point, I've begun to notice some new stretch marks around the tops of my thighs, in the area right before my pelvic region. Guessing this indicates I'm dropping weight from my legs as well.

I just want to give a special thanks to anybody that is actually progressively following this thread, and to also give my thanks to those of you giving me words of encouragement. It means a lot to know that more of you are behind me on this project, and I love the support. More updates to come!
[-] The following 3 users Like Valicor's post:
  • Maulbane, Ural, Kage
PM
Soo... uhh. Sorry! I went on a major absence spree and didn't have time to post Week Six, or Week Seven. But good news! The bottle has run out! So.. it's time for my final review!

Final Review; OxyElite Pro
I took this supplement for roughly 8 weeks. A better way of doing this review would perhaps be some Q & A.

Did it work?: In short, yes.

What is your final weight?: 211.5 lbs (~96 kg) (starting from 215 lbs)
But wait, Valicor, I thought you said the product works! It looks as if you lost very little weight!

Correct. But I am also weightlifting beside losing weight, so while my numeric weight didn't quite go down due to my constant building of muscle, my physical form did change to show I lost weight.

What were your lowest/highest weights while using this product?: I began at 215 lbs (~97.5 kg) and my lowest weight was 198.5 lbs (~90 kg)

Who would you recommend this product to?: If I had to, I'd recommend this product to larger people (I didn't say fat) looking to begin to exercise and lose weight. For someone like me who was already kind of fit, it didn't make a super big impact on me. For people thinner than me, I'd imagine it would do even less.

Will you be trying other products?: Yes, if my wallet permits it. In the case of another product being undertaken, this thread will be updated again!

Thanks to all who followed this thread and gave me support; I really appreciated it every step of the way. Please, if you have a question you'd like to ask about OEP that I didn't answer above, leave it below and I'll edit it in. That's it for now!
PM
gratz m8
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Valicor's School Schedule Valicor 4 221 08-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Valicor's Entirely Legitimate Vacation Critique Valicor 0 132 08-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Valicor's Psychological Session....things? Yeah! Valicor 15 738 11-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Edgar
  I have found the best Cataclysm quest! Roxas65 4 364 12-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Last Post: PestilentDefiler
  Quest for the longest sentence...EVAR. Twentilla 58 1,048 09-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Twentilla