11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 434
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3002
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86051
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2576
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Wanderlust
Q!

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why? What's there that draws you or that you want to see?

Additional Q!

Is there a place close to you that you're very fond of? Is your city or town swelltastic? What would you recommend doing?
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
PM
Iceland. They speak English, I like the snow/cold, and it just sounds like a beautiful place.

Well I like going to my local church when no one's in there. It's so peaceful and quiet and I can just think to myself in peace. I think more people should go to church when it's not in session. That, and my local park, mostly so I can just go jogging around or walking by the beach.

((Yeah. Yeah our park has a beach. The benefits of living on a small island. I can see Fire Island from the shore!))
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
...Not sure. Somewhere with lots of woods. Birch and rowan and oak. Some place with a mossy nook I can hide in and read for hours.

...Not really. Jacksonville, Florida is kinda boring. Maybe a hipster neighborhood known as Five Points, or the beach.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
I don't really like traveling, but if I -had- to go somewhere it would be like New York City or another large city. Just for the experience of the 'city life'. Not sure if I would stay there long though. I prefer my peace and quiet.

I love my room. It's close to me at all times and it's where I can relax and be myself. Rockwall, Texas is pretty boring, I mean you can go walk down the harbor where there's a movie theater and a few places to eat, go bowling... :| Yeah I dunno. All the 'fun' is a hour away in Dallas.
PM
Somewhere with the biggest forest, so I could climb on a tree and fall asleep, I like the peace of the forest.

and.. no, I live at the north, in the wild <3
PM
(05-09-2013, 08:28 AM)Caravan Wrote: Q!
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why? What's there that draws you or that you want to see?

Oh, that's a hard one. Mainly because there are so many places I would love to go. To make this less of a mess I'd list places I plan to go based on reason.

Body modifications, I have so far only gotten one old school tattoo in Thailand and I plan to get others from other cultures and done with other techniques - Australia, Borneo, New Zealand, Thailand.

Nature sightseeing, I simply wanna see nature's miracles first-hand and not on photos or documentaries but I think to cover it all I'd have to make several trips. - Canada, America (Yellowstone to be specific), Madagascar, the Himalayas, the Andes, Austria, Mexico (for the buttefly-exodus).

Gastronomical journey, because I love food and I wanna try the native cooking of everywhere! - France, Italy, Greece, India, Thailand, Japan.

(05-09-2013, 08:28 AM)Caravan Wrote: Additional Q!
Is there a place close to you that you're very fond of? Is your city or town swelltastic? What would you recommend doing?

I love nature in northern parts of Sweden, but sadly it isn't that spectacular or breathtaking compared to other places. To be honest I never understood why people traveled here on vacation from other countries. If one would ever travel here I would suggest a historical pilgrimage in the southern parts of Sweden to look at viking and medieval archaeology. Here in the north one should simply trek, take the most important and just wander off into the woods.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
Russia, or Canada, or anywhere way up in the North (as in north in general), I've always loved moderate to cold climates, even though I would freeze to death easily.
A place close to me would be on a particular farmstead out in the country, a place where I spent most of my beginning years living at, the sad part is the farmstead itself is no longer standing, 'twas leveled to the ground years ago.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
PM
Siesta Keys, Florida. They have the whitest sand in the world, and it's like walking on sugar. It's absolutely beautiful. Plus, it's not -that- far from all the amusement parks, which are always fun, especially Universal and the Islands of Adventure.

As for close to here? Not really.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
A!

If someone told me I could travel anywhere, I'd keep travelling forever, with as little regard to borders as I can legally manage. I love going new places and seeing new sights. I have to admit that I prefer the wilderness, though. It'd be nice to see the Amazon rainforest before there isn't a rainforest to see. At some point, I'd also like to climb a mountain and just enjoy the view from the top.

Additional A!

Oh man, there was, but this story doesn't have a happy ending. When I was about seven or eight, my primary school had a field which backed out onto a small expanse of woodland. It was a few acres wide. Sometimes me and a few friends would sneak off during lunch or after school to explore it. A very old willow tree of the classic variety, standing apart from all the other trees, provided the perfect place to snooze an afternoon away. I think we did more playing than snoozing, though.

Unfortunately, it was decided that the land would serve better use as a car park for the adjacent shopping centre. The trees were cut down, the earth was tarmacked over, and I don't think I could point out where the willow tree was. C'est la vie. What made it a special place was that I shared the memory of playing there with my friends, so even though it's not there anymore, we still recall it fondly.
PM
(05-09-2013, 08:35 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: ...Not sure. Somewhere with lots of woods. Birch and rowan and oak. Some place with a

Spoiler:
[Image: LJH4JdH.jpg]

C0r just wants to go on a Pokemon journey. It's her secret way of telling us.
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like JTJP770's post:
  • Reigen, ImagenAshyun, Erynn
PM
Well, I live in a vacation city in south Florida and I did live in NYC (and I've spent lots of time in the outdoors). I'm looking to build a trip around the world so in addition to my own dream destinations I was seeing if there were any places I hadn't thought of that would be nice!

Thanks everyone who've answered so far. I like seeing what people like!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samarkand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Temple
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenburg
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Bovel's post:
  • Caravan, Geoni
PM
Norway. One, Rowgen is there. Two, it does seem like a beautiful country.

Place close to me...uuuuuh. I'd have to say Kaş. It's a lovely little 'city' (barely a city) on the southern coast of Turkey. It's not crawling with tourists, it's nice, calm, and generally a pleasant place. And you can see Castellorizo from there. In fact, your phone goes to a Greek line now and then. It's that close.
Active Characters:
Velennia - Anchorite. Has a strange liking for tea.
Vynthia Blackfire - Magistrix. Craves sightseeing.
Vanessa Briarthorn - Seemingly timid housewife. Enjoys painting.

[-] The following 2 users Like WingedReaver's post:
  • Caravan, Rowgen
PM
Spoiler:

Why else?

On the note about close places, though...

Norway has some beautiful mountains. Fortunately, some of those are in the area where I live. I really love long hikes, where I can enjoy the nature around me.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
PM
First Q:
Well, I think some may look weird at me, if I say my Dreams. I've had some dreams with beautiful places, and those... I want to visit them. **Dreamer forevah**

And for the addition q...Siófok maybe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si%C3%B3fok
Because...All dem parties. That place is a wonder... :D
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM