Today 05:06 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 141
Hello Everyone
Last Post: Maulbane
Today 04:59 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 32
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Maulbane
04-10-2018 02:09 AM
» Replies: 2493
» Views: 98080
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 11:03 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 80753

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Well, well, well....
What an interesting place this has become. 

I doubt anyone here remembers me, but boy do I remember you people. I can't use my old account since it was banned, but oh well. What can ya do about it? Karma does seem to be a b***h, though, and I'm feeling rather petty due to my bitchy mood.

Where to begin? Well, I left world of warcraft behind, seeing as how all of my friends stopped playing, and searched for a brighter pasture in the private RP server section. Boy, did I find it. But instead of rivers of honey and roads of gold, I found nepotism and sociopathy beyond my wildlest dreams. It appears that if you give actors the powers of MGM, they turn into lunatics! Who'd have thought?

There's a nice list of people I'd like to say thank you to, but, well, it's been so damn long I don't even remember any of your names. I won't give you people that satisfaction. One thing I will say is this: All of you made me so goddamn frustrated that seeing this place in the state that it is just makes me realize there is a god after all. 

"What the hell did we do to you?" You let yourselves be driven by your ego's over a game of pretend. You let yourselves think you were the cock of the walk in a hen house already filled with too many roosters. You allowed yourselves to be controlled by your petty wants and desires to be the center of attention and just spit on those who got in your way. You bunched up with people who fit your narrow view of who you deemed acceptable and didn't let others in. You looked down on those who didn't fit your narrow view. You were worse than any roleplayer I ever met on retail. 

My fate was sealed when I went on a crusade to stop a player who I never ran into once. He never bothered me and I didn't bother him, but for some reason I felt the need to put this player out of business. He was everything that was wrong with the RP community. He came here to act out his creepy fetishes and he didn't care who he did it with. He had this creepy cult of personality about him and the staff couldn't do a damn thing about it. Or wouldn't. I'm inclined to think it was the latter. It was me, another player, one of the server heads, and two others in a chat to talk about this players deplorable behavior. Me calling out this shit stain lead to my suspension. No big deal, I could use the break. I was taking the game too damn seriously... until I was proven right. After that, I decided to join a guild who thought it was a good idea to take IC to OOC. Quite the group of winners there, goddamn. They were swell people OOC too, oh yeah. Even had one guy who decided he was going to be the guild asshole, and they all thought he was JUST the funniest guy on the planet. So what do I do? I talk to my GM about it. Rosencrans or Rosenthorp... one of those. What do I get? Dismissed, all because the guy was quoting a TV show. Now granted! When I said "Is he autistic? I'm serious." I can see how that could have come off as me calling him something vulgar. Sure. I'm not mad about that. I even tried to mend bridges. I got blown off, of course. No fucking surprise there. What do you expect, trying to make friends with a server full of prima donnas? A pat on the back and lunch? Nope. I think what did it was when I told this person "I hope your guild falls apart at the seams" was what got my ban. So, I said my goodbyes, and I never looked back.

Oh sure, I come by every once in a while to pop my head in, look around, and laugh. But in general, CoTH is just a bad memory. The shit stain on my underwear. 

So. I'm sure you'll delete this thread, because I know you people oh so very well... But after all these years I just needed to do this. 

I just know you're dying to know...

Who am I?

[Image: 3pyRxYQ.jpg]

I am Alpharius

And I am here to piss on the corpse of CoTH.
PM
[Image: giphy.gif]
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
Nigga the corpse is so rotted by now youre just pissing on the dirt

I mean good job putting so much effort into your tough guy shit post but lol noone cares kiddo sorry a video game roleplay community haunted your nightmares for so long

It's not like we broke off or anything though most of us migrated to another server and have stayed friends over the years.

also I find it hilarious that someone who literally melodramatically yelled I HOPE IT ALL BURNS TO THE GROUND AROUND YOU like a fuckin' anime villain calling anyone a sociopath, guess all those years since your ban you forgot to actually grow up and get perspective some

but hey man whatever makes you feel better :)
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
[Image: 079.png]
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
[-] The following 1 user Likes WindZealot's post:
  • CappnRob
PM
That's nice.

We've moved on. :) I'm sorry to see you're still mulling this over from years ago.

Hopefully you'll find greener pastures for yourself soon enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Loxmardin's post:
  • CappnRob
PM
I miss posts like this, so fun and hilariously bad.
PM
Hi, Alpharius.

I was someone who saw Conquest of the Horde from all three sides of the fence - as a lil' ol' nobody, then as a malcontent who had a couple of dramatic exits which ended with my being banned, and finally as a friend of the staff.

Which is to say I empathise with being ticked off at CotH. I had issues, and those are what caused me to get kicked out, and I've had more than a few overly emotional and bitter sequences about the community - though after so much time, I can't say whether they were directed at anybody in particular.

I don't think anybody, especially retrospectively when we can all be pretty honest, is going to deny some things - that there could be a stifling atmosphere of forced positivity, that there were certainly cliques which were excessively exclusionary, and that there were people with serious character flaws who existed in the community for far longer than they ought to have - but even having known (and experienced) all that, I don't get where this post is coming from.

I don't remember you being that bad of a guy, though I was only around for the tail-end of your being on CotH, so it just puzzles me. If you're really 29 years old, this is kind of just obscenely immature for your age, and ultimately incredibly embarrassing. Maybe you thought that nobody posts here, but then you assumed people would delete your thread - which they won't, which certainly means you misread how people would react.

Either way, if this was just a way to vent about an old point of hurt, sure. Mostly it just makes me a little sad that somebody could hate the forums that much to come back years later and word themselves so strongly about the whole thing, especially after most everyone's left.

I dunno, man!

Heck! Maulbane out!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
PM

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.