11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 607
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3903
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87806
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3258
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3480

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Windows 7
Considering it's out and some folks are getting it - how is it? I've just downloaded it and am about to install it now, so here's CotH's 'brag/bash Windows 7 thread'. I know two people from here already have nabbed it so yeah, start talking :D

Also,

Spoiler:
Quote:[Image: 13zpxn5.jpg]

Apparently I get 91% of E.R.P, who's selling?
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
PM
If you have a good computer, Upgrade to Windows 7.
If you have Windows Vista, Upgrade to Windows 7.
If you have a low end computer, Stick to XP.

ERP = Hot Gratuitous Sex Estimated Retail Price.

That's pretty much the golden rule.

Also, never torrent Windows 7 by googling Windows 7 Ultimate AIO Activated and download it from Pirate Bay (Likely with a client such as Utorrent or Bittorrent). That would be a horrible thing to do that just might save you a #%@$ load of cash.

But if you do do that, even though you shouldn't, be sure to burn it to disk with PowerISO to ensure it's bootable.

Clean Install > Upgrade.
[Image: Signature.png]
PM
I've put Windows 7 on Windows 98 machines and they ran fine.
I highly recommend this OS, if you're a Windows user.
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?" --Thomas Jefferson
PM
I recommend Windows 7 over XP and Vista. Been using 7 since the first Release Candidate, and now I have the real thing. I wouldn't want any other OS.
PM
Currently running the RC, possibly getting Retail 7 and a RAM stick for Christmas (If Saint Nick isn't technologically impaired.. Which would be a shame)

Windows 7 is honestly the best thing I ever installed on this piece-of-crap laptop, and it's made it a lot better than the times it ran Vista. Haven't had a Bluescreen once! On Vista, however, I had.. Seven since the time I got it, which was about a year and a bit ago.

THIS THREAD GETS MY APPROVAL.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
PM
I'm gonna stick to XP until the first service pack is out, maybe even wait for the second one too, after that I'll get W7.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
Nostra Wrote:I'm gonna stick to XP until the first service pack is out, maybe even wait for the second one too, after that I'll get W7.
You shall get it now or else the Microsoft Profit Fairies will invade your home! *Shudders in fear*
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
PM
I, having Windows 7 RC, would highly recommend it.

(Yes, Pies stole it from me, [sarcasm]as he needs to copy me ALL THE TIME![/sarcasm])

OFF-TOPIC: We really need a Sarcasm thing-o that does the same thing as code, except sarcasm title.... Yeah...
My Character List:

Mahhal Thunderhoof

[Image: MDJR.gif]
PM
I have Windows 7, and I have to say, it's absolutely fantastic! It's such a pleasure to use and so much faster than any of the Microsoft operating systems that have come before it. This is largely due to the fact that when Microsoft builds an operating system, they do so on top of the old one and so as the years go by, a lot of needless crap has built up that serves only to slow the operating system down. With Windows 7, it was built from scratch and so all the crap that has built up over time has gone.

In all the bench mark tests that were done earlier this year while it was still in beta, Windows 7 managed to wipe the floor with both Vista and XP. Vista was a complete failure, scoring the lowest of the three operating systems and while XP did better than that, Windows 7 beat them both significantly.

I love the new features that make everything so much faster and easier too! The new task bar is fantastic!

Anyway! I just got up and I've already nerded out enough!

Get Windows 7!

-Val <3
[Image: Valen-Sig.gif]
PM
After some initial problems installing (which were later revealed to be clashing BIOS settings I made), I now have Windows 7!

And...I'm just gonna repeat what the folks here have done, anyone who's on SP1-2 XP or anything Vista...just get Windows7...you'll thank yourself for it. Also! If anyone is in the UK snag the £30 deal whilst it's hot!
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
PM
The mac pwns ya'll!

My dad just bought W7, so I'll install it soon enough.
Sheppard Wrote:The mac pwns ya'll!

My dad just bought W7, so I'll install it soon enough.

I'd say:

Quote:I'll install it now due to epicness.

and I am totally agreeing with Timmeh here. The best operating system of the mall!

Them... All...
My Character List:

Mahhal Thunderhoof

[Image: MDJR.gif]
PM
Hmmm wonder if I could get a copy on campus with my student discount, might be cheaper. I could handle saying good bye to ye ol' Vista Business after all.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
PM
Mwurh, I'm personally too lazy to get through that process. I'm running Windows Vista, never had any real issues with it so can't be bothered upgrading. My games work, I can do my school work on it, for me it's perfect.

Don't fix what isn't broken :)
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
I'm using it and It's alright.
It's kind of confusing at first, But you'll love it after you get used to it.
So yeah, go for it.
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Windows and CotH SachikoMaeda 6 343 10-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Windows 7 Gaming Maxwell 12 312 01-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Kirth