11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 423
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2983
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85989
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2555
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Wuvvums [Goblin Shaman]
Player: Wuvvums

Character Full Name: Wuvvums Fizwizzle

Character In-Game Name: Wuvvums

Nickname(s): N/A

Association(s): Bilgewater Cartel, Steamwheedle Cartel, The Horde

Race: Goblin

Class: Shaman

Sex: Female

Hair: Blond, shoulder length

Eyes: Pink

Weight: 85 lbs

Height: 4' even

Usual Garments/Armor: She often wears whatever she can get, which can sometimes range from tribal clothes to elegant, or modest robes if she can manage. She prefers to have her clothes match when possible, and opts towards wearing robes and dresses.

Other: Her ears are pretty large and she has decent, muscular control over them. She is dirt poor, and does not carry weapons or armor.

Alignment: Neutral

Personality: Wuvvums has not enjoyed the goblin lifestyle for some time, making her out of touch and occasionally lost when among her kind. Her isolation and exclusion from business and transactions have left her feeling detached, and mind often distant and on other things. Coin is still tempting for her, as are certain vices such as alcohol. She longs for a time when she can be in control of her finances, and resume a lifestyle associated with Kezan.

In actuality there was never such a time for her, but she likes to trick herself into thinking she has a normal life to turn back to. Her mind is often stuck on the things she lost, mainly her sentimental treasures and her family. Even if the chances are slim, Wuvvums firmly believes they can be recovered. She is willing to stay in a location to search for the fragments of her life for a long time.
Despite her circumstances Wuvvums still feels very much like a goblin at heart and enjoys the company of other goblins. She can be social, friendly, and affectionate, especially if she knows her company to be poor enough that she doesn’t have to focus on winning over their coin.

History: The goblin was born the youngest daughter to a poor family in the Undermine. Her household spanned three generations with her grandparents, parents, and five brothers living under the same roof. They affectionately named her Wuvvums at birth for being one of the few daughters, and while it was originally meant to be a baby name it somehow stuck. This was mostly because her life was her family, and she was so used to hearing the name, it made her rather fond and made her think of her brothers, father, and mother.

From her infancy her family took shifts taking care of her while they all worked and brought home coin to feed the family. The only member who couldn’t work was her grandfather, disabled in a factory accident, which also put him under the family’s care. He had lost his leg and in his age it was not easy to get around. It wasn’t long until Wuvvums joined the shift in making money. It was around four they had found she could make a small amount of money collecting coins and jewelry that had fallen into grates and shafts in the Undermine. She was small enough to fit in some places with a rope, and her big brother would lower her in.

As she got older she found more conventional work like her older brothers did, and tried to learn some of the trades possible. Her grandmother possessed some magical knowledge, and did what they could to teach her. She laid down the basis for shamanism, where she could learn to manipulate the elements. Being in tune with the earth in particular was useful, especially since they were living in and underground maze. Along with that she focused on learning any way to heal, so that she could help her family cope with the danger and injury of life in Kezan. When she became a fully-fledged shaman her mother gave her a skull necklace as a memento for her growth. It housed a treasure passed on from the daughters of her family, which only they knew about. Wuvvums kept it as safe and close to her as she possibly could.

As she entered her teens she developed into a fair lady, and it was when she was an adult this gave her some opportunity to work on the topside outside of the Undermine. One of the lesser trade princes expressed interest in taking her in, and having her as a personal servant. She was hesitant at the offer but her family seemed supportive of the chance for her to be in a better place, and she thought she would gain some coin to send back.

She moved into the small mansion that her master lived with and became one of the maids there. The work was fair, but the pay was not. He deducted from her salary often based on tax to his small ‘cartel’ and for food, room, and board. What was left was mailed back to her family. She had only a few days off which allowed her time to return to the Undermine to visit, and take more lessons from her grandmother, though her master wasn’t too pleased. He didn’t want his ladies associating with the common folk and tarnishing his image. He found ways to manipulate and scare her, often threatening her with the possibility of her being fired if she continued to keep in touch.

She started visiting in secret, and when she was found out her master became infuriated. He confined her strictly to the mansion, and the hobgoblins would keep her from leaving. She spent the rest of her adulthood trapped within the mansion, working, and receiving no coin. She lost the freedom to spend, and work with money. She tried to keep a hold of her shaman skills in hope that she could become strong enough to escape, but that day never came.

Instead there was an eruption. A giant boulder crashed through the walls of the mansion, still hot from the volcano it came from. Wuvvums was able to suppress the burning around her with her earthly protection, and quickly escape. Her first mind was to go to the Undermine to find her family, but by the time she got to the gates too many goblins were pouring out for her to get through, and then they were closed.

By luck one of her brothers was there and spotted her from the crowd. The reunion was short, but he was able to explain. Their parents stayed behind to help her grandfather, who was unable to leave in his age and health. Her grandmother stayed too. But all five brothers were there, and all five were quick to grab her in a hug. She felt a tinge of warmth return into her heart, which was quickly replaced with fear when she saw an immense dragon in the sky. They made it to one of the ships in the harbor, giving what moolah they could to the cartel operators. Instead of saving them, they turned around and enslaved them. Her siblings were sent on a separate barge from her, and she left Kezan behind bars.

She struggled to survive in the Lost Isles for a short time. She found herself in a battleground between the Alliance and Horde, but managed to take refuge among the Horde forces. They didn’t provide her with much, but she was allowed to board a warship returning to Durotar. She joined the Horde and explained that she was a fledgling earth shaman. She was provided some food and shelter, and further training for her skills. One of the shaman dresses was also fitted more to her small size (even the kid’s sizes were a little too big for her!). But she knew her time in Orgrimmar was not long if she wished to search for her brothers.

She imagined if their barges weren’t sent to the Lost Isles then they made it to the other goblin ports. She was afraid they were in the slave market and she wanted to search. She asked for advice from the wise farseers before setting on her journey, and while the cryptic messages from the spirits could not tell her their fate, it gave her a sense of purpose and hope. She said her goodbyes to the shamans who helped her, and scrapped up a small amount to travel to the goblin cities.

She took a zeppelin first to Grom’gol where the fare was free, courtesy of the Horde. She traveled to Stranglethorn, and then to Ratchet, not finding them there. From Ratchet she flew by zeppelin to Gadgetzan, where she had a chance meeting.

While she was leaning on the railing she felt a cane press between her shoulders. She whipped around to find her old master, who may not have owned her by contract, but certainly dominated her by presence. She was shaking and too scared to speak up. He was not angry but more pleased to taunt and abuse her. His hands were quick and subtle, and she did not realize as he picked her apart he was doing the same literally, fleecing the satchel of coins she had, and her necklace off her person in a display of pickpocketing. Of course he would keep the coin like any goblin would, but the skull necklace was not seen as valuable at all. He dangled it in front of her, and punished her in her defiance. She tried to reach and grab but in one throw her necklace went overboard, and into the sea that now occupied the Steamwheedle port.

Before Wuvvums could jump overboard she was grabbed by the scruff of her dress, and the master explained that she was not mentally well, and she should be restrained. The rest of her flight was spent bound in ropes and in a chair, until she was let off in Gadgetzan without money. Her master didn’t chase her when they let her off the ship, but she was very quick to get out of his sight, and go to the sea. Wuvvums needed to find her mother’s necklace, and hopefully evade her master in the process.

Wuvvums is still searching for her family, and her heirloom and she will not give up. She is still searching Gadgetzan for the necklace, but knows she may have to go on without it if she wants to find her family.
I think this checks out, but I'm not quiiiite so sure about the name "Wuvvums". I know gobbos have crazy names, so... second opinion? I'll slap an initial!

Initial approval!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I'd say 'Wuvvums' works as a goblin name. Goblins and gnomes have some odd names! (Wuvvums probably wouldn't work for any other race, though)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
PM
Think there should be an adjustment to height to make her taller than gnomes?
Depends, do you have her at 1.0 scale? Or other?
PM
I have her at .98, and she is still taller than gnomes in game.
Then I believe you answered your question, my friend! Let me look back at those screenshots and I'll PM you to discuss height estimates?
PM
Adjusted height and weight!
I'm no Forum Helper, but I do have a small question about Wuvvums' shamanistic leanings.

As is common knowledge (just about cartoonishly so) goblins care a squat amount for the earth. So, I'm wondering why this poor family does, or at least, the women seem to. Spiritual reverence is a foreign idea to their culture--not impossible, but definitely odd.

As I have learned it, the goblin shamanism...isn't. In that, it's a natural magic based around forcibly manipulating the elements. Even their totems in-game are drills meant to drill the spirits out. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's dark shamanism, but it's definitely not comparable to orcish or tauren tradition. Now, yes, an enterprising goblin could certainly work plenty of deals with elemental spirits, since how shamanism goes. I'm also not entirely sure when goblins picked it up.

So, yeah. Basically, I'm wondering why this poor family became so spiritual as to have a matriarchal tradition of shamanism when that seems to be a very odd, almost heretical (with coin being the goblin "god") belief.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
Actually goblin shamanism is, at it's core, is the same as the other shamanistic followings. Shamanism is making contracts and deals with the elements, that's why most shaman spells are 'calls' and not spells. The Spirits have the option to simply decline the call as is their contract with the shaman.

Goblins simply take this to a literal sense. They write out contracts that the elements sign as if it were a business deal.
Oh, definitely, and I mentioned the contractual nature of shamanism. But, even so, faith is a very foreign concept to goblin culture. That's what I'm wondering about.

Is this family's matriarchal faith just the shallow contracting, or is it deeper? And if it's deeper, where did it come from in such an "atheistic" people? This profile seems to imply the latter, what with the gentle nature of Wuvvums and the skull heirloom.

Just to clarify: I'm not really intending to argue one way or another, or say Wuvvums can't be a shaman. I just think the profile'd have that much more shine with the elaboration.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
The necklace has less to do about shamanism and more her mother giving her a memento for doing an adult thing and learning a trade/skill. I don't know if my profile implied spirituality so much as an earthly "awareness" (being in tune).

There's mention that the goblin shamans can be like geologists and being in tune with your surroundings is useful. In the end though I feel like profiles can be passed with some ambiguity. Not every hole needs filling unless to explain something that is particularly exceptional or out of the ordinary with the race. Shamanism isn't the case. Either way I do not want to debate this, and will not make any edits unless requested by a GM or forum helper.
I could argue that Goblins who have to work in the Undermine may be a bit more respectful for the Earth and whatnot than the wealthy jerks who lord over them: even in Goblins, there are schisms in culture and social lines. The dirt poor indentured workers of the mines are likely a good deal more reverent (or likely to be) than the buisness men.

My two cents.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
While there's no basis for it I think of shamanism as like that poor man's magic too.
I have no issues with 'Wuvvums the Goblin.'

Approved!
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zizzori Goldsteam [Goblin Warlock] ThePharaoh 1 158 01-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Karak Armorslag [Orc Shaman] flammos200 1 227 11-28-2014, 11:13 PM
  Vottan Stormwright [Dwarf shaman] TheFungineer 4 190 11-25-2014, 05:25 PM