Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Mathias
03-08-2020 11:41 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 84128
What is glistening
Last Post: Maulbane
02-17-2020 06:37 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1875
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sol
11-18-2019 01:39 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 253
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3301

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Your favorite villain.
I've been rewatching some Batman stuff lately and i keep saying to myself "man, The joker is such a great freaking villain." I love villains, you see. They're almost always my favorite characters in a show/book/game/movie/whatever. So I came to wonder about other awesome villains that might exist out there and you cothians usually have so many good opinions.

So who is your favorite villain?

Also, about The Joker. Stop giving him stuff. Seriously.
Spoiler:
(WARNING: violence in spoiler.)
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Roxas65's post:
  • Edgar, Erynn, Anski, Bingles, Kira13
PM
Darkness from Legend.

[Image: tumblr_m2bnr4plse1r857qoo1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • Anski, Delta
PM
I must agree with Roxas. The Joker is, and forever will be, the greatest villain.
PM
I have to say Krang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a real classic.

Spoiler:
[Image: krang_cartoon_tripod.jpeg]

[-] The following 3 users Like Cassius's post:
  • Anski, Jonoth, Sol
PM
I like Sephiroth and Lord Gwyn. (Because they both started as loveable guys who worked for good)
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
PM
There was a time where I would say Joker but now I'm a Magneto man.

He just ends up being a character that I can understand on a much more human level. His past fuels his motivations and he's undeniably evil but also a sympathetic character. I'm all for the complexity. Also, he's pretty epic.

Spoiler:
I loved Evolution.

[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Duraza's post:
  • Rini, Jonoth
PM
Dr. Evil for evilest villain ever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nymus's post:
  • Thoradin
Vaas Montenegro for best villain.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
[-] The following 1 user Likes WindZealot's post:
  • Esthrunil
PM
Freza

Because this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0FR4EE2S2c
[Image: 260px-Metal_Kor.png]

Kor from Jak 2 was something else on the Villain spectrum. Had next to no idea when I played it the first time.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Bane from Batman: The Dark Knight Rises.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

PM
I'm probably biased because I'm rewatching Ghost in the Shell right now...but Aoi from the first gig, also known as "The Laughing Man", really takes the cake for being a unique villain. He basically doesn't even need to be the villain to be one because he created a meme out of his original work and hid himself from the works for legitimate reasons afterwards. He sort of explains some of them in this video (spoiled for f-bomb, albeit dropped in a very philosophical way):

Spoiler:

Also, how can one not give a shoutout to the laughing man logo?

[Image: 225px-Laughing_man_logo.png]
[Image: anim_500.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Geoni's post:
  • Esthrunil, Delta, Sol
PM
Ego the Living Planet because he is literally an evil floating head the size of a planet. Was gonna go for Galactus but Ego wins with the weird factor.
[Image: ego1.gif]
PM
Judge Claude Frollo, from The Hunchback of Notre' Dame. He is worse in the book, but still a great villain, even a Disney vilian.
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cerb57's post:
  • Geoni
PM
Gollum of Lord of the rings. And Demona from Gargoyles. I loved both of those villains.
Gollum was such a very rich and sad character that inspired feelings of both hate and pitty out of me. Watching him hit the lava made me happy to see his evil die but so sad that he couldn't be saved.

Demona I loved for a lot of the same reasons I liked Gollum. I felt so bad for her, her hate for humans drove her forward, she blamed them for her misfortune in life and she was so lonely because nearly her entire race had been wiped off the face of the earth. Her Ex encouraged her to return to his clan but before she could she would have to abandon her hate for humans and in doing so her only option would have been admitting that she was solely responsible for the death of their clan so many years ago and that she was the root cause of her own misfortune. The last time shes seen in the show, shes watching her ex and their daughter fly away with tears rolling down her cheeks. I like to think at some point she reformed. At least I really hope so.

Oh Oh, wait cant forget Sacred Demon from Tatics Ogre Knight of Lodis. That was a very unique and interesting exploration of how Satan could have felt being kicked from heaven for falling short of perfection then watching from hell, God offer heaven to inperfect humans. On top of all that it lead to one of the hardest boss battles I ever played and an ending that left me wishing I could jump in the game and celebrate with the survivors our hard fought victory over evil and escape of oblivion.

Zeke from Shaman king for just wanting to protect the planet from humans but learning to forgive and use his power in more helpful ways.

and and and

*foams at the mouth and faints*

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like therew's post:
  • Jonoth, WingedReaver
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List your favorite: Hip Hop/rap songs and beats mangaboy111 5 244 09-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  List your favorite mystical/ethereal musics! mangaboy111 0 144 09-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Last Post: mangaboy111
  Favorite Movie Scenes! Valicor 17 677 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Aethon
  What's your favorite music? Ormica 3 202 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Favorite theme song FlyingSquirrel 5 249 10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Nick