Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Rosencrat
11-01-2017 05:12 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 36883
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97223
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39984
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31502
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25509

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Zombie MORPFPS Source Mod
Okay, for starters, an MORPFPS is a Multiplayer Online Role-Playing First Person Shooter.

Now, let's string together the topic name!

Zombie - Dead guys who're meant to be dead, but are alive (sort of) and eat people. Everyone loves them.
MORPFPS - Imagine Borderlands, but with quite a few people!
Source Mod - A modification of Valve's open-sourced Source engine, used by such best-sellers as Half-Life 2 and Left 4 Dead.

So, what we have here is a multiplayer, first person shooter with zombies and role-playing aspects, with a player economy, and all that is required to play this gem made of win and awesome is that you own a Source game, such as Left 4 Dead, Half Life 2, Counter Strike: Source, or any other game which uses the Source engine! Gentlemen, I give you, Project-Z! <--- Linkies! (Note, the actual spelling is Proyect-Z, but that's all Spanish and stuff, yo.)

The game itself is made in Spain, however, it is translated to English quite well, with a bit of broken English here and there. No biggy. It is still in Beta stages, but is a very fun game! You can either venture alone, or in a group! And yes, you CAN become a zombie - and in doing so, you can kill team-mates.

Now, here's my proposition, CotH:

We Role-play on the server. People on the Project-Z forums have discussed the idea of Role-play, with what I see as positive feedback. As a group, we're known for our Role-playing skills, so why not further broaden these skills beyond CotH?

The game itself has a rather good storyline also, as I shall quote here. And disregard some of the broken English, I'm too lazy to correct it:

Project-Z Wrote:In a world in constant expansion and development, peace cannot last long.

In the year 2037 tensions between various world powers begin. Various pacts and negotiations that were enforced for decades are gradually interrupted, creating a global state of fear and uncertainty.

In the year 2048 the Third World War breaks out between parts of Asia against parts of America and Europe.
Few markets still exist in the world that are as profitable as the business of war. Every implicated party in the war practically destines all of the accumulated capital in military aspects, plunging the civil population in a profound misery.

Little by little the necessity of putting in practice other forms of attack of less destruction and aggression for the environment, but effective for the population, is imperative.
Around the year 2056, one of the implicated sides in the war offers an important sum of money to one of the scarce pharmaceutical enterprises that still survive in the war, for the purpose of investigating and developing new forms of attack that are more reliable, cheap and deadly.

Despite great disapproval by the UN of the implementation of these practices, the majority of the affected parties in the conflict assumes the risks and also begin their respective investigations, interested only in winning the war as soon as possible and in any way. A new era begins in history, biological warfare.
It did not take long before the first project was presented:

A drug applicable to fallen soldiers in combat, that is capable of stimulating the brain of a dead person to perform simple tasks and to attack basic orders, so that fighting in combat can continue for the maximum time possible. The maintenance of these "dead soldiers" would be practically null since they would be feeding on other corpses found in the battlefield.
Immediately they begin the experiments with the drug, and find that a dead subject follows simple orders through specific sounds.

When the moment of testing the drug in a real battlefield comes, nothing goes as expected. A large quantity of "dead-soldiers" stop obeying because they feel a great necessity of feeding on other bodies, and also presenting a great aggressiveness.
Due to the virus' ease of transmission, it reaches a point where it begins transmitting between the civil population, becoming uncontrollable and converting into a pandemic in little time, infecting approximately 95% of the population.

In the year 2058 the war has finalized and practically all forms of society have disappeared. Only survival remains.
So, what say you, Gentlemen and esteemed ladies? Shall we give post-apocalyptic RP a shot? Also, if you're ever online, my name is Piesamus. If you DO end up playing, we could perhaps organize events here, and share our ingame usernames!

How to sign up! Wrote:1. Visit the link. Durr!
2. Click the "Forum" button.
3. Click Register <--- Also linkies.
4. Finish registering/etc!
5. Click here to download the client.
6. Put the files in the Steam/steamapp/SourceMods/ folder.
7. Make sure you meet the requirements <--- CLICK ME DURR, and if not, ensure you get them and restart your system!
8. Open up ProyectZ from Steam, log in using your forum account, and enjoy! And remember to read the guide <---LAST GODDAMN LINK if you get stuck!
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
PM
I like this. Me and Moose invented RP in Left 4 Dead and she's gonna love this.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
THAT SOUNDS WAAAAY TOO AWESOME. o:
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
PM
Remember guys that the game is only in beta version. Regardless, it's still fun as fel!

Although, after playing for a little bit last night, I was looking around like a skeptic when I walked my dog after playing for 2 hours ('twas a bit dark. :B)

And remember, watch your back!
PM
I have read through the whole guide and this is very well doen for fan-made. Of course I notice a few bugs here and there but that's okay. Also, I can't seem to download the client. Every time I try I get redirected to the forum.
Spoiler:
PM
Are you using the "http://www.filefront.com/16511883/ProyectZ_Beta1.4.1_rev372.rar/" link?
PM
Pies Wrote:Are you using the "http://www.filefront.com/16511883/ProyectZ_Beta1.4.1_rev372.rar/" link?

I'm pressing on the big "DOWNLOAD" sign at the top.
Spoiler:
PM
Well, follow the link I put in my previous post. There should be a link in the installation instructions now which'll lead you to the FileFront page for the file. Just press the yellow "Download" icon, and MAGICYAY!
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever wanted a truly sandbox zombie survival game? Roxas65 16 893 04-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Zombie dreams! Loxmardin 18 478 03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Watch out, there's a zombie on your lawn! Theik 3 237 05-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Theik