Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question. . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If this question should be somewhere else, then please tell me.

Would it be okay to play a character whom cant talk using speech? (As in they had their tongue cut out).
Don't think there would be any problem with it. But a second opinion from a GM, or someone who knows better than me, would be nice.
There's no problem with playing a mute whatsoever. I played my DK, Malth, mute for a while due to some psychological hoo-hah, and the GMs were fine with it.

I say go for it. Though, mute characters are quite hard to play, I must say.
I wouldn't recommend it... I have played around a lot of Roleplaying games, or games that can be modified for Roleplay... Mutes generally have a tough time getting on with other characters, and it is frustrating for the people who play those characters.

Generally:

They're difficult to RP.
Well thanks for all your opinions, but I like a challenge, and by any means. This can be considered reviving my will to rp. Because I've been getting bored until I had this idea. Anyway i can just say my char has a notebook which she uses to communicate messages by writing in the night elf language. So thanks for the suggestions, but I must bring this character into play just to see how much fun I'll have.
Like Bogotus said, they're generally hard to RP, but if they're done right, they could introduce more RP ideas (IE: Find my new tongue!, Where's my pen!?, or even the almighty "Auruururrghrhgr"!)
Well as long as you have fun doing it.. Hell, we have no say! [/american]
Well then, I'll write up a profile for this character that I was saving my name Vaetai for. Thanks guys. :D
Always happy to help!
PiesOfGod Wrote:Always happy to help!

What he said.