Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: OOC Portal to the Academy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there! I was just wondering if a portal to the Academy on Fenris Isle could be added to the OOC Portals in WSG. I for one know of a number of people who would use it, and I think it would help the lower leveled Magi get to and from it easier as well!
I'd like to reinforce this suggestion with what little suggestive power I have. Maybe you could put it in the "RP Locations" part of the OOC portal NPC? I know I'd really love it if you did, and I'm sure quite a few others would too.
But what's stopping the non-mages exploit this? There is a barrier around it to stop those without magic powers to enter, so a portal wouldn't work, unless the Mods know the right coding for it.
I don't think people 'exploiting' the portal would be a problem. In fact, I think it could be actually quite useful, a requirement-less portal. I rolled Eroice as a paladin mechanic-wise (for the ease of leveling, I actually know how to PvE with one, and the ability to wear leather, mail, and plate opens up a wide variety of clothing options), even though she is a pyromancer in-character. I couldn't get in the area otherwise, unless I badgered a Game Master, and I'm sure they have better things to do than to teleport Sin'Dorei around.

I'm trying to make a half-intelligent point here, but I'm only half awake here and my brain isn't functioning at it's best.
Also, the barrier around the Academy has been taken down, due to lower level Mages not being able to gain access.
Yeah, I'd support this, sounds like a good idea.
I do detest reviving an old topic, but it seems there is a need for a portal once again now that RP shall be gravitating towards the Academy.

And why make a new topic when you can just revive the same one?
Jolly good show!

Rest assured, I'll add the academy as a destination on the RP Portal. Ideally, it should be working again once I get the new server up and running.
Thanks Kret.