Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: How to make effects in GHI? (drugs, potions, etc.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been hearing about the drugs that go around using GHI, (and I've tried a few 8) ) and I was just wondering if someone has made some kind of guide to how you make the screen effects. I've even seen some drugs that make your screen go black, and then text pops up. I've found out how to do the easy stuff already. Music, buffs, etc.

So, how do you script effects for drugs or potions? A link to a guide would be awesome.

Thank you!
This'd involve using the Lua scripting language. Lua's quite cute, more info on it here and here. Lua's a scripting language and not only for WoW Addons. WoW provides an API, a set of programming functions which make the life of the add-on developer a lot less bothersome. ([ur=http://www.wowpedia.org/API]More info about the API here[/url]).

Combining Lua, the API and your head you can write "scripted items" for Gryphonheart's Items addon. You can get some "inspiration" on their forum's scripting area (here). There's lots of usable examples on there already.

Best of luck with your quest for awesomeness.