Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Roleplay Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a RP question for IC faction alignments.
Could a character be aligned with the Defias Brotherhood or is that against the rules? If it isn't allowed, surely the character could be a Defias sympathizer, yes?
Answers are much appreciated.
Working for them would be in violation of our rules against playing universally hostile NPC factions, yeah, which is in place primarily because you'd be KoS for everyone, would probably try and kill most people on sight accordingly and because there's no way of making these NPCs friendly to reflect such membership, among probably some other reasons that I can't pull off the top of my head, heh.

A sympathiser? Certainly, though you'd have to have a pretty idealistic view of them. They're less "exploited workers making a stand against Stormwind's corrupt nobility" as they are "assortment of ruthless thugs and bandits" these days, especially after VanCleef was killed off in the lore. Also, you're liable to be charged with treason if your sympathies are revealed in Stormwind - though if you keep a lid on it, sure, why not?
Thank you very much!