Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Realmlist issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've seen a few posts about realmlist issues. Namely, the fact that changing it- regardless of any other potential factors- doesn't do diddly-poo. People still connect to the retail servers, no matter what the realmlist is set to.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? Any reason at all? Any suggestion posted could lead to a potential fix. So post your ideas, or logic, or whatnot.

Or if you have a fix, post it. People might need it.
There is an extra realmlist that Blizzard puts in to trick people on private servers, and it reappears every time you patch up. Go to Data, then enUS (or whatever region you're from, it's enUS for me), then the extra realmlist with the retail info should be there. Just delete that one.
Wait. I thought that was where the real one was. If that's the fake one, then where's the real one?
Just run a search on the whole WoW folder, saying "realmlist.wtf". If more than one file with this name appears, change them all. :mrgreen:
Nope. Just the one realmlist. And it's been changed. Still won't connect to CotH.

Any other ideas?

Oh. Also, I'm gonna throw this problem out there while I'm at it.
I think this account had a server account a long loooong time ago. Like, a year or so. If it does, and it could be deleted, I would appreciate it if it was deleted. That way, I can make a new one.

Thanks. ^^
Okay, check your shortcut on your desktop in the "Target" text box. Make sure it doesn't end with Launcher.exe, but with WoW.exe
This is a problem sometimes, since the Launcher changes the realmlist on its own sometimes... :?