Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: What about the children?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, here is my dilema. When I was still playing on retail I ended up wanting to play as one of my own character's child. And I'm not talking about the none speaking child in the arms of the mother either, but this was in a place where very few payed any mind to lore or actual mechanics of the game. Because of this I could say she came from the future to help prevent the cataclysm (best I could come up with ok) and ultimately failing, with no one questioning it to much.

So my question is....

What are the policies on playing your own children?

Edit:
Quote:I'm speaking of, conceiving, birthing and raising a child within the game real time and later playing him/her as an adult.
Hhhmmm,
Sound really interesting,
There will be loads of rules though,
I may even start a human rogue and have him be 15 years old :P
That would awesome :D
But before any of that,
What actually are the policies/rules?
I would presume one would be not getting adult-like situations/conversations IC-ly,
for example,
'Man:I hate that ***** Child:Hate that ***** too'
Stuff like that.
Hhhmmm,
But before any of that,
I would presume one would be not getting adult-like situations/conversations IC-ly,
for example,
Stuff like that.
I don't think we're allowed to play children at all, actually. Though, I might be wrong.
Okay,
Sorry for accidentally double posting,
Currently looking for a 'delete' button.
No you can't play children, any character played, as I understand it must be at least an adult whatever that age might be.

http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Age_Guidelines

That is half the reason I ask....

What I want to play isn't a child but the son/daughter of one of my characters and do so using an actual toon not just 'say' so&so is there.
Aawwwhhh D:
Would of been interesting though :P
Yeah, we cannot play children, you have to play someone of adult age. I do have an however but I wont say it as it is not going to implemented for quite some time and even then I don't think we will be able to.
We can't rp children but I think it's perfectly fine to NPC a child alongside the parent character. Character pregnancies are allowed, so I am guessing it's alright to have a baby around.
I don't think your all understanding what I'm saying. I'm speaking of, conceiving, birthing and raising a child within the game real time and later playing him/her as an adult.
You can play characters that are related to your own. For example, I have two characters that are brother and sister and I dual box if I feel like playing them.
I don't see why you can't make a parent and child, but bear in mind the parent would obviously not have just hit adult age.

Also I don't see a character "coming from the future" as allowable.
Manufreak101 Wrote:Hhhmmm,
But before any of that,
for example,
Stuff like that.

This shows a lack of knowledge of the rules by a grunt...

As a lot of people have said, we can't play non-adults.
Sounds a little iffy. You wouldn't be able to go through the childhood, at best starting in teen years... Doesn't seem like there's a point? Maybe that's just me.
Lia Wrote:I don't think your all understanding what I'm saying. I'm speaking of, conceiving, birthing and raising a child within the game real time and later playing him/her as an adult.
The problem with this, inherently, is that we cannot play children. And the period of time required for any of the races to reach adulthood would render the ability to play the child as an adult to almost zero.

You see, the shortest amount of time that could pass before you (or anyone else) could roleplay the adult character is 15 years. This is due to the age at which each of the races reaches maturity:
  • Blood Elf: 110
  • Draenei: 2000
  • Dwarf: 40
  • Gnome: 40
  • High Elf: 110
  • Human: 18
  • Night Elf: 300
  • Orc: 15
  • Tauren: 50
  • Troll: 17

For comparison, fifteen years ago the Warcraft universe was embroiled in the events following the Second War. World of Warcraft (and its subsequent expansions) have only consisted of three to four years. As you can see, not enough time has passed in-game to allow a character to reach full maturity.

So, say you had an orc (selecting orc because they reach maturity earliest). And this orc got pregnant now, during Wrath of the Lich King; this is 32 DP in the timeline. She goes through the pregnancy -- however long that is -- and then have a squalling little orc baby, huzzah! So, maybe it's still 32 DP. Fifteen years later you'd be able to roleplay the adult character. Since each expansion tends to cover the events of a single year, you'd be able to roleplay this orc child around the 17th or 18th expansion.

In other words, it would be unfeasible unless you have some kind of outside stimulus that either forced the child to age quicker or the child was taken back in time to roleplay next to his parents as an adult. While I've seen this before in roleplay, I personally loathe it. Fortunately, I think that Conquest of the Horde has a rather strict policy regarding time-traveling: it's not allowed!

Now, here's something to consider instead. A few weeks back Kretol mentioned the possibility of allowed custom character model IDs that would potentially allow us to roleplay unconventional characters that would not normally be available through the game. While many people discussed things like murlocs and goblins and taunka and goodness knows what else, there is another possibility to consider: children. There are unique IDs associated with children in World of Warcraft; as a result, it might be possible to have someone roleplay a child.

I'd like to point out that this is a possibility and not a conclusion reached by the staff. I just kinda sorta thought up the idea as a result of reading this thread. I'm not sure if the new core supports these unique IDs and if playing a child would be allowed in the end. However, it's something to consider!
I think also mentioned you can play the child as an adult and have their parent character too- it's just at the very least the parent would be 12 years or older depending on the race(and I know it may sound iffy but I have heard IRL of humans having children as young as 12).

After all, you can be grown up, and still have a parent.

The time-travel thing is iffy though, and I can understand why the server wouldn't touch it.
Pages: 1 2