Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A new /roll 50 fight system. The "Stand off" system!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i had just recently got out of a fight that took a grand total of anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours and I told myself "NEVA AGAIN!". It was a very very long fight that annoyed me to high hell.
Yes I could have backed down from it, but sence when has Amority ever backed down from anything?
This is a very fast fighting system that can be done with in just a few minutes if you yourself emote fast enough. I have been trying to get this system right over the course of a....hour....
This is what I came up with when I went through trails and errors with a few friends and a few people in the rachet arena.

You /roll 50
You begin with 6 hp.
You have crits based on the difference of 15. As well crits are stacked. This means if the attacker rolls a 32 to the defense of 2 then you would do 3 damage. A normal +15 crit would do the 2 dmg were all familiar with but +30 is is 3 because 15+15=30 and +45 would be 4 dmg. (15 + 15 + 15 = 45)
You also have counters. This type of counter is activated when a player rolls a defense of 25 or greater. All this means is you get to both dodge/parry/block/what ever floats your particular boat, do dmg on their turn and then attack.
So lets say a player attacks you with an attack roll of 5 and you rolled a defense roll of 33. Because you rolled with +25 you can stop his attack and do damage on their turn. After wards it will be your turn to attack! If you play Magic the gathering just think double strike.
Counters will only do 1 dmg. They do not stack in anyway.

And there it is. I would like all of you who find this interesting to try it out and either send Amority an OOC letter or just send one to me here. Thank you all for your time and trying to make CoTH a place where we won't be up to 3 in the morning fighting a fight where you get nothing but DODGING!!!.....had nightmares that night...

~Edited! It was brought to my attention that I missed one keen detail. When you counter it is an auto hit. You do not have to roll to see if it hits. This keeps some one from countering a counter and saves on time. This is once again supposed to be a very fast system.~
By the letter i ment tell me if you enjoyed it, As well were there any flaws? Do you think it could be improved? How so? etc etc . Thanks again.
Actually, this isn't bad at all. Very easy to understand. Gold star!
I am happy more people are using styles of /roll 50 like I designed for the Bloodsworn Honorguard. But either way, best of luck your system mate.
Doesn't look too bad. Just a question, when you say +25 on your defense roll, does that mean you're rolling above 25, or you're rolling 25 higher than your opponent's attack roll? Besides that question, I like it. If you have some experience in coding, perhaps you could make this a mod. If you've played Second Life, I'm thinking something in the style of RCS.
Avon Wrote:Doesn't look too bad. Just a question, when you say +25 on your defense roll, does that mean you're rolling above 25, or you're rolling 25 higher than your opponent's attack roll? Besides that question, I like it. If you have some experience in coding, perhaps you could make this a mod. If you've played Second Life, I'm thinking something in the style of RCS.

First I will answer your question.
It is in the difference of the attackers roll. Lets say your attacker rolls a, pulling a random number out of thin air, 13, your opponent must roll with the difference of 25 or more. This would be 38 or higher in the case of an attack roll of 13.

Secondly. I Have no experience in coding once so ever, In fact I find it confusing. As well I have never played second life. Figured Wow would take up most of my time.
My apologies.
Well, you could do this....

Or you could sacrifice small babies to the RNG Gods, Cthulhu or Odin.
One of them is bound to listen.

Except, it never works for Wilhelm. And I'm running out of small children!

On a more serious note, I'd prefer this due to the more narrow range of rolls, which helps cut down on the time and all.
Well if you should know both my Fallout and my elderscrolls character were sacrificed to the old gods, who i then sacrificed, to the roll gods.

This is the outcome...
DustinEiland Wrote:Well if you should know both my Fallout and my elderscrolls character were sacrificed to the old gods, who i then sacrificed, to the roll gods.

This is the outcome...

Wait, FO1, FO2 and/or FO3 characters?
And, were they min/maxed?
[quote="Binkleheimer" Wait, FO1, FO2 and/or FO3 characters?
And, were they min/maxed?[/quote]

FO3 and...to be honest He was half dead...his DNA was toyed with like a kitten with a ball of yarn....And he blew up megaton...Ahh those good days..
DustinEiland Wrote:
Binkleheimer Wrote:Wait, FO1, FO2 and/or FO3 characters?
And, were they min/maxed?

FO3 and...to be honest He was half dead...his DNA was toyed with like a kitten with a ball of yarn....And he blew up megaton...Ahh those good days..
Did he get the smiley face stitches?
not quite.
Well I heartily support this combat system. It would work very well.
I love this system, it sucks some of the tedium out of fighting that you can get with traditional systems and is great for tournaments where there are lots of fights in a row. :)

*gold star*
All right, so I have a few ideas to add onto this system, first of all, healing systems.

Healing System

Option 1:

When you roll a defense roll difference of 25, you have a choice to either take out one of your opponent's HP, or add 1 HP to yourself, both ways, you emote either taking a hit to them, or either using bandages, Light, or just plain adrenelin.

Option 2:

On your turn, you have to roll over 35 to be able to heal one hit point. 50 heals 2 hit points.

These are just 2 options, respond with anything that could help.
Pages: 1 2