Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Why not tattoos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As the title suggests, I am very puzzled at why people are not permitted to wear/token tattoo items ingame. For characters who are tattooed, they provide visual aids - as well as look nice. ICly, all races possess the ability to tattoo themselves, and Blood Elves/Night Elves (to name two) have them very frequently. It would not be difficult for a character to get one ICly, let's just say that.

So I ask, why?
I've heard the argument that everyone and their grandmother will be decked out in tattoos if they become available. If it happened, it would pass. Like every other fad. Who here has not seen a flurry of people wearing an item, as soon as it is introduced to a vendor - only to abandon it a few days or weeks later?

I'd like other people's opinions on this. And yes, I expect mostly complaints from the people who already possess them in our current system.
Apart from the Demon Hunter/Illidari tats, can you name any other such "tattoo items" we could use?
There are other tattoo displayids in WoW. I've seen them used before, but it'd be pretty hard to search through my copy and find them.

Well i have seen other kinds of tatoos before on a different server. they look like a cross or some other design but not near a demon hunter. Idea
As someone who has tattoos in the current system, I have to say that I do like the idea.

However, I think we're rather limited by the number of actual in-game models we can use.

There's three Demon Hunter specific ones- black purple and green, but all in the same distinctive style, which rules them out.

After that, I think there's maybe 4 or 5 separate designs, with a very small amount of variation with color. Hopefully a GM can back me up on this, I'm not positive, but I did have a look through some custom items on my private testing server.

So yes, that does leave us with a problem. I don't see anything wrong with just about everyone having tattoos, but I would find it annoying to see almost everyone wearing the same four or five tattoos.
I really like this idea!

It can add an interesting flare to a character and as she says, it would not be uncommon for someone to be tattooed. They would be rather easy to come across ICly. I mean, female Night Elves perform facial tattooing as a rite of passage.
Here. Those should all be functional displayids, although they are a couple of years old. Credit to WoW-v.

White Tunic with Silver Tattoos 47260
Brown Tunic with Red Tattoos 57169
Brown Tunic with Blue Tattoos 57223
Brown Tunic with Black Tattoos 57217
Full Body Blue Tattoos with icon 52963
Arm Snake Tattoos 47080
Girdle with Black Tattoos 57209
Full Green Tattoos- 43788
Arm Green Tattoos- 43791
Full Black Tattoos- 43786
Arm Black Tattoos- 43790
Spiral Silver Tattoos- 51422
Jagged Silver Tattoos- 50956
Spiked Silver Tattoos- 50930
Shirt & Snake Tattoos- 47271
Cool Black Tattoos- 49054
Ancient Black Tattoos- 49416
Purple Tattoos- 43841
Arm Snake Tattoos- 54581

This sounds like a good idea. I like it!

@Knock there is a blue version of demon hunter tatoos.
So. The tattoos are used for Runemasters and uh, those dwarves that were a special profile...
I would personally like to see it done. Some vendor or something. I mean, the custom items are there, so... Yeah. Fun times. Wowwiki states, in fact, that most of the surviving Blood Elves have tattoos to mark the fading of their race. (Namely, the fall of Silvermoon)

Night Elves also show prevalent preferrence for tattoing themselves. So, why not?
I don't think it's really needed. If you have a tattoo mention it in your FlagRSP. Otherwise save it for Demon Hunters and other select prestige classes.
I will consider this. I know it is not too uncommon for certain races to have them.
Etmosril Wrote:....I've heard the argument that everyone and their grandmother will be decked out in tattoos if they become available....

I really hate it when this reasoning is used in an argument.

Anyway, even though I don't think that adding visible tattoos is that necessary for rp but I guess they'd be cool addition.
Kretol Wrote:I will consider this. I know it is not too uncommon for certain races to have them.

Especially mercenaries, criminals, or certain military units.
Pages: 1 2 3 4