Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: From Retail To Private.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently, I tried setting aside a different WoW Folder in order to facilitate transferring between my retail account and a private one with ease, only to discover downpatching for the folder I set aside also downpatched the folder I use for retail.

Any way around this?
Rename ur private wow folder? Shift to different location? Put private wow on an external n unplug till u repatch ur retail wow?
I've had a lot of problems with the separation of Retail and CotH WoW folders. However, I think I've managed to fix it. All you need to do is create a new file named, for example, Conquest of the Horde. Put the private server version of WoW in that one, and leave the retail version untampered with. This seems to fix the log in, addon, and settings bug. At least, for me it does.
Shifting to a different location didn't do it for me, don't have an external Hard Drive unfortunately but I'll attempt changing the name of the folder again.
I'm not sure why you're even downpatching to begin with, unless you're using that additional folder for another server.
Hm, I was under the impression Private Servers were always a patch behind for whatever reason.
I see now on the front page CoTH says 3.3.5.
That's why I was down patching.
Looks like this became tons easier for me. :P

Edit; To clarify, I thought about making my own server and toyed around with it. I kept finding 3.3.3.
We're on the same version as retail, 3.3.5a
I know because I play both, I keep them in completely different folders, and I do not have that problem. Patching works separately for every folder. Maybe downgrading does not.
Possible I suppose.

Anyway, good to go. <3