The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

From Retail To Private.
Recently, I tried setting aside a different WoW Folder in order to facilitate transferring between my retail account and a private one with ease, only to discover downpatching for the folder I set aside also downpatched the folder I use for retail.

Any way around this?
[Image: 8.gif][Image: 3.gif] - Ometh
[Image: 7.gif][Image: 9.gif] - Vyrin - An Undead Warrior who still feels human, plagued by the Infinite Flight.
[Image: 2.gif][Image: 5.gif] - Doryan
[Image: 1.gif][Image: 6.gif] - Zeklettau
[Image: 1.gif][Image: 4.gif] - Drejan
Rename ur private wow folder? Shift to different location? Put private wow on an external n unplug till u repatch ur retail wow?
"When it rains, do you run from door to door, getting wet all the same, or do you walk with dignity and accept it's raining?"
"On a rainy night, does the sandman send the mud-man?"

.<=='"Characters"''==>.
Karast - The Unlikely Paladin.
Tarlak Nightstride - The Lone Hunter.
Salinia Windrider - Princess.
Alaszun Nightglade - Priestess of the Elune.

.<=="'Threads'"==>.
Renae's cooking thread

"Think about the rain dance for just a moment. Don't you think you'd need rain dance practice? I mean some guys don't know it, some may have forgotten. You know what I wonder? Does it rain during practice? If it doesn't how do you know you got it right? And if it does ... why bother with the dance in the first place. Hey, need a little rain? Call a practice!"
I've had a lot of problems with the separation of Retail and CotH WoW folders. However, I think I've managed to fix it. All you need to do is create a new file named, for example, Conquest of the Horde. Put the private server version of WoW in that one, and leave the retail version untampered with. This seems to fix the log in, addon, and settings bug. At least, for me it does.
Shifting to a different location didn't do it for me, don't have an external Hard Drive unfortunately but I'll attempt changing the name of the folder again.
[Image: 7.gif][Image: 9.gif] - Vyrin - An Undead Warrior who still feels human, plagued by the Infinite Flight.
I'm not sure why you're even downpatching to begin with, unless you're using that additional folder for another server.
Hm, I was under the impression Private Servers were always a patch behind for whatever reason.
I see now on the front page CoTH says 3.3.5.
That's why I was down patching.
Looks like this became tons easier for me. :P

Edit; To clarify, I thought about making my own server and toyed around with it. I kept finding 3.3.3.
We're on the same version as retail, 3.3.5a
I know because I play both, I keep them in completely different folders, and I do not have that problem. Patching works separately for every folder. Maybe downgrading does not.
[Image: 8.jpg]
Possible I suppose.

Anyway, good to go. <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still being connected to Retail realms. Hizu 3 935 03-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Last Post: ThomasBusteed
  Forum Private Messages. Nexi 7 1,352 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Nexi
  Possible to have retail and CotH? thegirls 6 1,107 05-25-2009, 04:42 AM
Last Post: thegirls