Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Computer porblems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright i'm sitting in GMI just having my morning coffee etc, when all the sudden I kid you not my entire screen goes purple, but says its still working, I could still hear music and such, but alt+ctrl+delete wouldn't work nothing would. After I restarted my computer the color and such is messed up and it refuses to start.

Finally after three hours it comes on I update my virus protection and such. After about an hour I go to get on WoW and it happens again. I am now on my laptop and it can run WoW just fine so I assume its my computer, but I don't know whats up. Its been on system repair for around 2 hrs so far, and when I do get it back up i'm afraid to start up WoW again, because I don't want it to happen again.

Anyone know of anything that will help me, or find out what the problem is?
I'll assume it's an issue with your GPU, elsewise known as your graphics card. You can pick up some rather cheap ones which run rather well around, so I suggest doing so. It can still render basic 2D graphics from what I can tell, but DirectX3d isn't rendering at all. Maybe a dust cleanout of your computer may be in order? Try that first and see if it works.
I have the top of the line graphics card, and I have tried other games on my computer that require alot more attention, but it only crashes on WoW.
Try transferring the exact same copy you have of WoW from your laptop to your computer in that case - it may be an issue with your .mpq's.

As previously mentioned, using an air-propulsion device to remove the dust in your computer may help a LOT.