Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Questions on Spirit Walkers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I have a question or two on Spirit Walkers. I may be bad a phrasing these, so please bear with me.

1) I know they are allowed on this server. But as per WoWWiki,
Quote:Most spirit walkers learn of their unique natures during puberty. The young spirit walker experiences intense dreams over the course of a month. In each dream he seems to live someone else's life — an ancestor he recognizes, or a stranger from long ago. The young spirit walker is confused and disoriented upon awakening, unable to decide if he is now awake or if the other life was his real one, and this life but a dream.

For this server, must the above have happened in order for one to be allowed to take this prestige class?

2) Is it more common to find an Orc or Tauren Spirit Walker, or are both equally as common?

3) Must one be trained as a Shaman to recieve this class? Again, in respect to this server.

4) If one must become a Shaman first, will they then be trained as a Spirit Walker? Like, how does that work? As in, if one has had the dreams and becomes a shaman, will they automatically be spirit walkers or what?

5) Would it be a shaman or a spirit walker who trains one who has had the dreams to become a spirit walker?

Okay, so it was more than a question or two. Hope they're understandable D:
1) Late puberty?
2) I'd say about the same.
3) Probably. Although one may start being trained as a Shaman post-Spirit Walker.
4) And they're probably self-taught, but yea, I guess they're automatically spirit walkers.
5) Self-taught ness is self taught.
Danalthar Wrote:1) Late puberty?
2) I'd say about the same.
3) Probably. Although one may start being trained as a Shaman post-Spirit Walker.
4) And they're probably self-taught, but yea, I guess they're automatically spirit walkers.
5) Self-taught ness is self taught.

1) Lolwut?
2) I thought so, but wasn't sure.
3) So, spirit walker then shaman...got it.
4) So, one would probably always have been a spirit walker is what you're implying? I spy a debate...
5) Agreeable saying is agreeable.
Well, no, when they start seeing visions, they're prolly the ones that calm themselves and teach themselves the distinction.
There's always having prestige training be apart of your history.

That is allowed.
Here you are;
  1. Some Spirit Walkers have been known to receive the dreams that send them on their path to becoming such a class days before their death, so no, not every Spirit Walker has to be going through puberty.
  2. There would currently be more Tauren Spirit Walkers in the world, but both are equally capable of becoming one.
  3. As said above, you'd either already know it, or have to learn it as a means to further your Spirit Walker training.
  4. Most people who don't know what's happening will be driven mad without the aid of a shaman or Spirit Walker to guide them through the troubling times. Having dozens, if not hundreds, of different spirits rushing into your mind can be a traumatizing experience. At least, that's what I hear around the water cooler. :wink:
  5. Either one can aid the Spirit Walker in his transition.

Hope that helps!
Thank you, that helps greatly you guys!

I have one more question, however. The IC training that must be done for this class wouldn't be so much learning to -be- one as it would learning to -control- the power, correct?
Yes, it would most likely be a series of trials based on focusing and maturing the mind so that they could understand what is going on.
muhaha8 Wrote:So, I have a question or two on Spirit Walkers. I may be bad a phrasing these, so please bear with me.

1) I know they are allowed on this server. But as per WoWWiki,
Quote:Most spirit walkers learn of their unique natures during puberty. The young spirit walker experiences intense dreams over the course of a month. In each dream he seems to live someone else's life — an ancestor he recognizes, or a stranger from long ago. The young spirit walker is confused and disoriented upon awakening, unable to decide if he is now awake or if the other life was his real one, and this life but a dream.

For this server, must the above have happened in order for one to be allowed to take this prestige class?

2) Is it more common to find an Orc or Tauren Spirit Walker, or are both equally as common?

3) Must one be trained as a Shaman to recieve this class? Again, in respect to this server.

4) If one must become a Shaman first, will they then be trained as a Spirit Walker? Like, how does that work? As in, if one has had the dreams and becomes a shaman, will they automatically be spirit walkers or what?

5) Would it be a shaman or a spirit walker who trains one who has had the dreams to become a spirit walker?

Okay, so it was more than a question or two. Hope they're understandable D:
This is a biggie according to wowwiki, at least.

Quote:Shamanistic training is required for a spirit walker to unlock his power. Shaman/warriors and shaman/hunters are not uncommon, as many spirit walkers live ordinary lives before they receive their calling. Tauren spirit walkers favor the tauren totem weapons of their tribe, while orcs favor claws of attack.
While they may not be a shaman origionally, they need to have some shamanistic training done.
But regardless, one may already be a shaman before undergoing training to control their powers? Making the IC training for this prestige more about meditation and maturing your mind beyond your years? Also, the physical changes (i.e: fur going white and eyes shining) should occur during the IC training?
What wait what?! How the fudge can orcs become spiritwalkers?
Orcs and Tauren both honor their ancestor's spirits. Theoretically, and in reality, both races can become one, as the spirits may contact a meber from either race. Or at least, that's my view on it.
Bovel Wrote:What wait what?! How the fudge can orcs become spiritwalkers?
Quote:Only tauren became spirit walkers in the past. With the Horde's revitalized interest in shamanism, however, orcs have taken an interest in studying the path of the spirit walker. The orcs lost much of their history when they left Draenor and now struggle to retrieve the knowledge. Some see spirit walking as the best way to uncover the lost rituals of the past.HPG 72-73

Here you are, ma friend.

muhaha8 Wrote:Orcs and Tauren both honor their ancestor's spirits. Theoretically, and in reality, both races can become one, as the spirits may contact a meber from either race. Or at least, that's my view on it.

Well theoretically they aren't really contacting the spirit walker, I think its more of a...gravitation due to the spirit walker's naturally strong spiritual bond, and through which they impart wisdom upon the spirit walker.
edit: messed up on the link!
I just see one huge issue with this, Tauren are connected with the Emerald Dream and have their ancestors wandering there making Spirit Walkers druids as much as shamans. Orcs do not.
Bovel Wrote:I just see one huge issue with this, Tauren are connected with the Emerald Dream and have their ancestors wandering there making Spirit Walkers druids as much as shamans. Orcs do not.

And I see one huge issue with this post: trying to restrict a prestige from a race when a specific allowance for that race was made in the canon prestige description. It was specifically allowed by the writers, so what is the problem?

Also, fun fact: the words "Emerald Dream" do not ever appear anywhere in the Spirit Walker's d20 description, nor in the names of any of its abilities. Make of that what you will, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2