Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Loosening armor restrictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not quite the other thread's meaning. I'll get straight to the point.

Would it be possible to loosen faction restrictions on rp items? I keep on finding sets I enjoy and which look reasonable on my characters, only to find out that they're faction-restricted.

I agree that there are some sets which shouldn't be worn by opposite faction races, but still. We didn't have a problem with inappropriate faction gear on the last core.

Is this possible, or is it a bad idea? I'd like some feedback, please.
Etmosril Wrote:Not quite the other thread's meaning. I'll get straight to the point.

Would it be possible to loosen faction restrictions on rp items? I keep on finding sets I enjoy and which look reasonable on my characters, only to find out that they're faction-restricted.

I agree that there are some sets which shouldn't be worn by opposite faction races, but still. We didn't have a problem with inappropriate faction gear on the last core.

Is this possible, or is it a bad idea? I'd like some feedback, please.
I agree, Kel'thuzad's regalia is very nice looking and I cannot wear it =(
I had the same problem with Furion's.
Never particularly cared for (or understood) faction restricted fashions as long as the piece doesn't have a symbol of Stormwind or the Horde or something... I mean, if it were actually inappropriate for a character they simply wouldn't wear it. So sounds good to me too!
At the very least, stuff like this is restricted to one side or the other for seemingly no reason. Which is just irritating.

That said, I don't know if it's possible to remove the restrictions at all, and if so, whether one could remove the restrictions on some items and not others. I'd personally be in favor of removing them altogether, and just ICly lynch the poor, idiotic Hordie who walks into Orgrimmar with a Stormwind cloak on, but it will really come down to what Kret says.
Seraphim Wrote:I'd personally be in favor of removing them altogether, and just ICly lynch the poor, idiotic Hordie who walks into Orgrimmar with a Stormwind cloak on,
I agree with this. It's the same for someone who walks around looking like a Warlock in Alliance lands, they're going to be assumed as a Warlock and mistrusted at the least.
The only thing I'm apprehensive about is, as soon as I remove restrictions, people will suddenly be wearing opposite-faction gear for the purpose of claiming they stole it/took it from an enemy/etc. I know that some sets just look pretty nice compared to the other faction's equivalent items, but... hmm.

I suppose I'll consider removing them. Maybe warn that if someone is running around town with gear that obviously looks like it originated from the opposite faction, have the populace be 'hostile' to them or the like. Heh. Heh.
This is a good idea, I'm sure players will learn to be reasonable with the items they use.
I agree, this is a good idea. And seriously, a person with common sense would not equip the armor of their opposite faction and walk into a town. They'd probably get killed before anyone sees what race the person is. xD
We were able to use armor from the opposite faction before the restart and I don't believe any of that sort of stuff happened and thus, I don't believe it should happen at all.
Like BountyHunter said, gear didn't have faction restrictions pre-restart and there weren't any problems.
And don't announce doing it. Let us be pleasantly surprised. That way, it'll avoid the problem you spoke of, Kretol.
I personally think it's a good idea and support it wholly. I don't personally believe that certain armors/clothes truly represent a faction save the PvP Honor ones. But honestly, you'd have to be a bit thick to think that you can walk around in the Field Marshal's Ornamented Pally gear as an Orc no?...

All in all, my thought is that it can be used responsably quite well, and even when it's not used sparingly, the sheer hilarity of the combination would put off anyone attempting a more... far-fetched combination of gear and character.

Just my opinion.
Quote:I agree with this. It's the same for someone who walks around looking like a Warlock in Alliance lands, they're going to be assumed as a Warlock and hung by the neck until dead at the least.

Fix't.

And if this is ever done, I'll be removing any gear the character shouldn't have. Derp.
And actually, it should be considered an auto-character warning than to wear restricted armor in restriced places (like a Stormwind orc in Orgrimmar). Character actions -> character consequences, in the case, death.
Pages: 1 2