Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cataclysm and You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Cataclsym offer a massive load of changes in the affairs of both Alliance and Horde, but when the game is here they have already happened and been "implemented". So I say that perhaps we should start to consider them and act them out, so to speak.
In the new intros are just some of the changes;
Spoiler:
Alliance [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2ZepjL6Vk[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Horde [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6_RkDlcVs[/youtube]

For example, the powershift in Ironforge and the throw-out of the gnomes would be an awesome thing to act out through RP.
So please share your thoughts and ideas and if it's something mentioned in a coming quest, please make sure to link to it from WowWiki or whatnot.
Hi, my name is Roxas and approve of this idea.
I concur. If we can't have world altering roleplay because Cataclysm will be coming in soon and changing it all anyway, then we should have world changing roleplay to the effect of the changes in Catacylsm.
[Image: do_want2.jpg]
DO WANT

DOWANTDOWANTDOWANT!

:D
So I've watched the intros a few times and read some of the released starterquests and here is what I have found should/could be happening;

• Varian rallies the humans against the Horde so naturally there should be yet another army-rouse. Generals and strategians plan warfare while the people are urged to mine more, grow more and make more weapons and breed more and better horses. Perhaps some scouting teams enter horde lands?
  • Ironforge has lost it's old leader and now his long lost daugther return to reign in his absence... with a DARK IRON son!! Relations within the dwarven kingdom are tense and therefore a council is made to try and avert civil war. How about we start this with some uproars, murders and so on? Perhaps RPing some Dark Iron emmisaries?
  • Malfurion have returned and the nelf focus is to cleanse Teldrassil from corruption and to strengthen it's roots. This could mean meetings and plans from each speciality. Priestesses, druids, hunters and whatnot. The highborne are returning too, perhaps time to RP some "happy" family reunions?
  • Gnomes are run out of Ironforge!! Not welcome anymore, but what is the root to this chain of events? Moira and her alleged dark iron loyalties or something within the other dwarves? One could actually getting kicked out and having to move ones home and garage/lab.
  • Velen have uttered another prophecy of war against Darkness on Azeroth, again! Warn the mortals, aid them in preperation?

• Garrosh is being mean and unfair. He has even threatened Vol'jin and our tribes main shadow hunter has made it clear that he and his people do not follow Garrosh, only Thrall and the honourable Horde. I wanna see trolls cocking up to orcs, perhaps trolls getting chained, jailed or even taking as temporary force-labour for denying Garrosh!
  • Cairne is dead, by the hand of that Garrosh. And now the Grimtotems have made their move and stung us in the back. Are the orcs in our good favour now? I highly doubt it. Perhaps is other minor clans/tribes considering leaving the Horde? Or at least leave Mulgore and Thunderbluff.
  • I pity the bulky greenskins. They will have their whole faction against them and come on people let's make it happen! Orcs behave as you are better than the rest and that they'd not be alive or free if it weren't for your strong and "pure" people. And never let a non-orc trample a kindred. Brute force is the only justice!
  • The Lich King is dead, so now what? Cause of Putress betrayal none other in the Horde trusts us and our ranks are thinning. But wait it seems that Sylvanas have found a way to make more of us. I wonder how? She has hired Val'kyr of the Scourge?! How can we regain the trust of the others in the Horde when our Lady seem hellbent on becoming a new Undead Boss.
  • With the Sunwell relit and revamped we have no use for our arcane anymore. Let us do what we should have done after the Sundering and stop dabbling in magic. Wait, you wanna keep doing this shit?! Where do you stand as a sin'dorei, arcane or the Light?
Delightfully enough, there's is a mild chance we won't be able to get patch 4.0.1 and any patch following, including those of Cataclysm. New Blizzard devilry to keep private servers from getting their patches. Lovely stuff, really.
Jason. . .We're talking about pirates here. they -always- find a way sooner or later. Seriously. I've -never- seen them fail. I've seen so many different security systems on games and they -always- get cracked. Sometimes to the extent that the actual buyers of the game have a harder time to get the game working than the pirates. It's the same with private servers. Sooner or later, some pirate is gonna find a way.
Just another code. Blizzard can try but its to the point where they teach people how to crack games in most colleges. The only time blizzard will be able to stop private servers is when people no longer have the need to make them. And with Blizz charging 15 bucks a month for a sub-par mmo, it will be a long long time before they can stop pirates from cracking the games.
This^ Therew speaks truth, yo!
I never really saw WoW as a sub-par MMO, even when I was playing the free version(p-server) where most things are bugged.

Oh well.

Yeah, I doubt they can bar the piracy of their game. I still don't blame them for trying. The only time I really don't like anti-piracy is when it goes over the edge, like the secu-rom software on Spore and the fact that people buying the game could only install X amount of times.
Secu-rom is removable, though. I had it. And I removed it with a guide. And Ubisoft's games have become even worse than that. Anywho! this is going way off-topic!
Try mmo's that evolve as you play them and not just patch by patch or a game where 30 minutes of travel puts you on the other side of the starting city. Now those are mmo's. /nod

But back to the topic, some of these things would be a lot of fun to do as events but there runs the question if the server could handle such events. An attack on Thunderbluff Grimtotem versus Horde would be... well... taxing to say the least and with so few tauren players I would wonder what the point of it would be.

That and other things like it might just fall under what we did for the death of the lich king. We say it happened when the patch comes out and we rp the effects of it and not actually rp out most of it.
This Blood Elf part sounds like a good RP, I'm game for it.
I like the idea of gnomes starting out irradiated and having to quest through to get themselves cleaned. I guess the area outside of the instance of Gnomeregan is the part that's going to get reclaimed. Whoo!

That would be fun to rp. I'm loving the gnome intro.
Pages: 1 2