Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Deathknights and the law.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey.

Just a concern im having. I know that death-knights are accepted -tentatively- into the alliance and horde, but in many way's, they are necromancers. The corpses they raise are not random, but actual humanoids fallen in battle, or otherwise fallen humanoids, and not simply constructs. Surely there would be laws surrounding this practice, maybe it would be tolerated in a warzone but surely it would be illegal to do in populated areas, other than within the DK zone (The one you reach by death-gate, my mind is blanking on its name)

In my mind, it would be like raising a demon as a warlock. Illegal in plain sight, accepted in secret. And yet i've seen a little wave of characters summoning ghouls in the middle of towns, or leading them around populated areas, and it makes me think. Surely this would not be permitted by guards, after all, its quite a horrific process, and a horrific outcome, the reanimated bodies of the dead wandering around after people who were -already- questionably welcomed. Just seems off to me that Warlocks must live in hiding as much as possible, but death-knights would be permitted to raise the dead in plain view, or talk of necromantic magic in earshot of guards. Tolerated, as long as they stay subtle. Or am I wrong?
I believe they'd be hostile to people who walk around town with walking corpses, especially so soon after the war. I think they'd have to be subtle about it and not summon in the center of town. Also the place you are thinking of is Acherus: The Ebon Hold. As for Warlocks hiding, they are generally as accepted as Death Knights in my eyes anyway, I mean they both have done and do some good for their factions, but they do both come from evil places, demons and scourge and what not.
I'm pretty sure a Death Knight would be in trouble if he were to wak around in Stormwind with a ghoul at his side...Gravedigging is forbidden for a reason.
So long the DK behaves and is part of the Ebon Blade then there should be no problem.

Warlocks are usually universally accepted as commoners, etc. though warlocks being outed should have a very hard time even leaving the city. I already see raised forks...
That's the thing i dont get. Warlock walks around town and someone simply -finds out- they are a warlock, angry mob forms an chases them out of town.

Death knight strolls through the city with the corpse of one of the alliance's fallen soldiers rotting and shambling behind her like some glorified banner of the magic they use. And people would just mumble and grumble but not say "Hey, that could be one of my family you've risen there! Monster! Grab ya torch and pitchforks!"

Even if they are accepted, flaunting undead and necromantic magic in plain view would surely cause that tentative pact to snap. People only don't kill the deathknights because the leader's said, but that wouldn't change people's opinion of them.
People over react to Warlocks. They don't actually form mobs as far as I can read up on they just...move away. And these Death Knights are supposed to be "Champions turned evil! TURNED CHAMPIONS!" so people would probably accept them like you accept a mutant or something, but them raising ghouls and walking around would probably cut that last thread of acceptence.
Jack is right. People think that being a warlock in public is a death sentence.
It's not.
No wheres does it say warlockery is banned.
Hell, Tirion employs warlocks, as seen in the Argent Tournament.
And if Tirion's word was what got DK's reaccepted...
Yep, Tirion is the pope, the pope with a kickass blade
Death Knights never had a choice to become what they are but they continue to fight the Scourge none the less. This means that they have some amount of leeway with what they do compared to a Warlock. But that doesn't mean a Death Knight who walks around with a Ghoulie would be treated too well by his fellow peers.
Well understand that the people in Warcraft aren't very careful with their judgements, the Alliance king himself threatened to kill the player DK the moment he saw him. All the quests usually involve killing and I know its a game mechanic but even reading the quests, violence and violence (or collecting). I doubt the people would care if DK's were forced or chosen or just tripped over a rock, they'd treat them as undead all in all, but thats just my 2 cents.
Warlockery -is- banned, why else would the Coven beneath the Slaughtered amb be hidden behind a fake wall. And the only reason Tirion would accept warlocks would be....warlock players complaining they can't partake in Argent events. Yes, OOC reasons.
They hide behind that wall to summon their little minions and what not in peace, Horde accept Warlocks and Alliance as far as I can tell have use for them, I never remember reading they were banned though.
Again, those are game mechanics. A commoner who probably rage at someone who dabbles with undead of demons. The Church of the Light doesn't like them either.
And just like the ghoul in town it's all game mechanics. But just because something is a game mechanic you can't just get rid of it because "Wowiki says otherwise" I don't like how Warlocks are treated on the server, but its apparently the majority vote, so whatever ghouls were doing before this thread they'll probably do after.
What I always RPed:

A Death Knight should never try to disturb the peace by any of the following; wearing his armour in public, using his abilities in public unless in self defence, riding his Deathcharger around any members of the public, raising the corpses of the deceased, unless in a combat situation where it would be condones by fellow combatants for the survival of the group. These things scare the population, and tarnish the reputation of the Ebon Blade, answerable to by death.

The armour thing is not too much to ask. Death Knights are capable of making their battle armour disappear and reappear at will. If you think back, even Spiligrack, perhaps the most notorious of Death Knights, obeyed these laws. Hell, I even left my runeblade outside of towns if I was going to meetings, so people would believe it was a level playing field, and the character was slightly more approachable. I always had an armoury of Gnome-sized weapons, but not on the outside.

As to why people don't come at Death Knights with pitchforks? Well, they're awful scary. What with glowy eyes, and the ability to freeze, or boil, your very blood.
Pages: 1 2 3