Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Can't connect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like, I put my info and all that, then I press login, they I get stuck at "Connected"
Servers down at the moment.
Yah. Me too, just sit back for a bit I believe the sever is experiencing technical difficulties. (Irony: when I clicked your forum "Can't connect" I was sent to a "Google chrome can't find this page" window.)
I do believe the login server is down.

Fear not, for the mighty Earthshaker chieftain will return soon™ to save us by waving the Magic Wand of Server Restarting.
I'm not entirely sure. But we might be going to the previous revision update, due to the instability of this one.
Stop doing silly things, people!
Unfortunately, I have to head to work. Therefore, any further crashes probably won't be attended to until a few hours from now (unless Grak happens to see anything else bad happen before then).
I cannot understand why there were six different topics regarding the same thing, so I chose one topic and locked the rest.

I'm compiling the server in Debug mode so I can hopefully pinpoint where the issue lies. It -is- possible to revert to the previous revision, but that will require also reverting the characters table back to that revision as well (which was whenever I brought the server down originally for the update). Honestly, it won't change anything, considering the server has been down for most of the day anyway.

At any rate, hopefully I can find a fix! Otherwise, as I said, I'll simply revert back to early this morning.
Do you think they made a new revision update? Usually they're quick to fix server-crashing bugs, right?
I've already checked - therefore, I'm assuming there's a flaw somewhere when I was merging all my changes from the old repository to the new one. It's hard to tell, considering it's been about 20 days since the last revision update (right before they changed repositories, actually).

At any rate, currently the server is locked to only accept GM connections while I try to pinpoint what could be causing crashes.
Could I suggest the totems?

Someone made a forum post today concerning that the server crashed when he/she used a certain shaman totem.

Whether or not this is valid...
So I guess it botched on your end somehow. Hope you get it fixed then O:
I already tested that, and it did not cause a crash. Very odd.
At any rate, I'll slowly start letting people on (throttling the max players at a time, that is), and see if anything happens...
You'd never see this on a Blizzard server...

[Image: 2uz6qfq.png]
I had the same display except staring at 2, then I moved to 1. After that, it disconnected me.
I think Kretol reduced the amount of people who could connect so he could test the server himself.
Pages: 1 2