Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dave's Gurubashi Modifiers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Have you ever decided you dislike that the /100 system doesn't reflect the traits of combatants in any way?

Like in that Tauren Warrior VS Gnome Mage match?

Have you also decided that you don't want to bother with a pages-long convoluted system?

Is it the case that you don't think the Tauren Warrior should auto-pwn at all, but that you think same HP is silly?

Do you sometimes just want to quick-generate fun characters mechanically for your players as a DM?

If so - this is the system for you. I give you:

Dave's Gurbashi Modifiers
for /100 roll fights
Adds modifiers by race and class.

If you're not fammiliar with /100 combat rolling, here's a reminder. (Courtesy of Shdemourne, with Crits and Initiative explanation added):
Spoiler:
shademourne Wrote:Combat RP Systems
(...)
Rolling.

Roll fighting is a way to make it to where both players in the battle have equal chances to win, no matter their race/class/profession. Both players normally discuss a health in party pre-battle, to have a set limit intent of damaging the player until he/she has been killed, retreats, or is incapacitated. The way we use it is as simple as partying up, and then emoting your attack such as..

Zander brings his claymore over his head swiftly, and with a grunt, attempts to bring it down on the head of <Insert enemy here>.

Now, I, being Zander, roll for my attack by simply typing /roll in your chatbox, used like an emote.

That should produce a message such as..

You roll, 27.

Then my opponent, being <insert enemy here>, also uses the command, as a defence to my attack. He/she also types /roll in the chatbox.

<insert enemy here> rolls 84.

Because his roll was higher than mine, <insert enemy here> either blocked, dodged, or parried my attack, but try to do it in a realistic way.

<Insert enemy here> rolls out of the way of the claymore just in time, landing on a knee several steps away.

The fight will continue such as this until someone takes damage.

Zander thrusts his claymore foward, attempting to impale the enemy.
You roll, 96.
<Insert enemy here> rolls 88.

/cheer, it seems my attack has made it through, this time, using this as a system we expect both players to know and respect as the general rules, expect you to take damage, this, would normally be counted as 1 damage, since the rolls were so close together. This damage is deducted off of your health. You emote taking the hit accordingly.

<Insert enemy here> tries to back up in time, but the sword penetrates the leather armor easily, making a gash several inches deep in his chest, he yells in pain and stagger back a step.

This process continues this way until someone is killed/retreated/incapacitated. [0hp][/i] (...)
Crits: Whenever an attack roll is bigger by 50 points than the defense roll, 2 hp are taken instead of the one taken by a succesful attack.

To dermine which character attacks first, an initiative roll is made. The character that rolled the higher initiative roll, attacks first by emoting the attacka nd then rolling it.

------((The Modifiers:))------

All characters have 3 hp before adding modifiers. This would be for a minor or sparring clash.
You may agree to up this to 4 or 5 for more significant clashes.
You add one modifier for race and one for class.

By Race:
Spoiler:
Trolls: (Regeneration): Whenever you make a defense roll of 90 or more (ignoring modifiers), you heal 1 hp.

Tauren: (Constitution): +1 hp.

Orcs: (Strength -is- Honor): +5 on all attack rolls.

Forsaken: (No Vitals): The threshold to make a critical attack on a Forsaken character is 75 points of attack higher than the defense instead of 50.

Blood Elves: (Nimble): +5 on all defense rolls.

Humans: (Versatility): +2 on all rolls.

Draenei: (Constitution): +1 hp.

Gnomes: (Size Matters): +5 on all defense rolls.

Dwarves: (Strength -is- Honor): +5 on all attack rolls.

Night Elves: (Moonblessed): +10 on all rolls while at 1 hp.

By class:
Spoiler:
Warriors: (Battle Hardened): +1 hp.

Mages: (Glass Cannon): +8 to attack rolls, -5 to defense rolls.

Warlocks: (Felled Up): Whenever you make an attack roll of 1 or 100 (ignoring modifiers), you reduce the opponent you are rolling against to 0 hp (emote accordingly).

Priests: (Blessings): Priests may make healing rolls instead of attacking. They should announce this before rolling and emote accordingly. A result of 0-40 means you do not heal hp. A result of 41-89 means you heal 1 hp. A result of 90-100 means you heal 2 hp. (Shadow Priests may take the Warlock bonus instead)

Paladins: (Battle Hardened): +1 hp. (Healer Paladins may take the Priest Bonus instead)

Hunters: (Range): Hunters always attack first without needing to roll for initiative. Their first attack has +5 attack.

Shamans: (Ele-Mental): +2 on all rolls.

Druids: (Blessings): Druids may make healing rolls instead of attacking. They should announce this before rolling and emote accordingly. A result of 0-40 means you do not heal hp. A result of 41-89 means you heal 1 hp. A result of 90-100 means you heal 2 hp. (Druids not healing and fighting primarily in Cat-form may take the Rogue bonus instead. Druids not healing and fighting primarily in Bear-form may take the Warrior bonus instead.)

Rogues: (Stealth): Rogues always attack first without needing to roll for initiative. Their first attack has +5 attack.

Death Knights: (Painfeed): Whenever you succeed in making a critical attack, you heal 1hp. (They may take the Undead racial bonus instead of the one of their initial race)

Note: Modifiers stack (one from race and one from class). When a roll you make has a special effect or is modified, you have to announce the modified result after rolling. Example:

Spoiler:
After an Orc Shaman makes an attack roll, rolling 67. They should announce before they emote that the roll counts as a 74.

(By adding +5 to attack as the racial bonus and +2 from the class bonus.)

(Saying „74” in raid after rolling is sufficient)

Note: When Rogues and/or Hunters face each other, they roll for initiative, but still both get +5 attack on each of their first attacks.

Note: You can only heal after taking damage, up to your total hp upon beginning the round at most.

Prestige class bonuses:
(Replace Class bonus)
Spoiler:
Demon Hunter: (All three bonuses)

(Elite)
+3 on all rolls for each opponent beyond the first. (+12 VS 5 opponents)

(Dark Hunter)
+2 HP
+10 attack VS Warlocks, Demons (and similar)
+5 attack VS Blood Elves, Demon Hunters

(Demon Fire)
The Demon Hunter may activate (Immolation/Enrage-ness/DemonForm) until the end of the combat, recieving +7 to all attack rolls and -5 to all defense rolls.

Steam warrior:

(Elite)

(Power-)
+5 on attack rolls

(-Armor)
+1 HP, +5 on all defense rolls.

Malfunction: Being hit with an attack of a natural 97-100 disables the (Power-) and (-Armor) bonuses.

Necromancer:
(Elite)
+3 on all rolls for each opponent beyond the first. (+12 VS 5 opponents) (Doesn't apply to minions)

(Dead skin)
Cannot be critted except by Elites.

(Minions)

You may start combat with a minion of X+1HP and -10 on all rolls, where X is the number of opponents.
-or-
You may spend a turn to summon two minions of X HP and -10 on all rolls, where X is the number of opponents. (Only once/combat)

Beastmaster:
(Elite)
+3 on all rolls for each opponent beyond the first. (+12 VS 5 opponents) (Doesn't apply to minions)

(I roll with Beasts)
+1 HP

(Pet)
You may start combat with a pet of X+1HP and -10 on all rolls, where X is the number of opponents.
-or-
You may spend a turn to summon two pets of X HP and -10 on all rolls, where X is the number of opponents. (Only once/combat)

Ley-walker:
(Elite)

(Glass Cannon Plus)
+10 to attack rolls, -5 to defense rolls

(Port-a-lot)
Once per combat, you may add +40 to your defense roll after seeing the roll.

Fel-Sworn:
(Elite)

Choose one: (Demon skin) +1 HP, (Demon claws) +5 on attack rolls, (Demon wings) At 1 or 2 hp, you may instantly retreat from the battle without any checks.

(Really felled up)
On attack rolls of 1, 66, 99 and 100, take down the target to 0 hp.

Assassin:
(Elite)

(Rogueish,)
Attacks first in the combat without rolling for initiative. Has +5 on the first attack roll.
(still rolls for initiative VS Hunters and Rogues, keeps +5 bonus)

(, but with more 's'-s in the name)
If the Assassin attacked first in the round and successfully hit, he may make another attack right after that one with -5 on the attack roll.

Archmage
(Elite)

(Renaissance Caster)
+5 on all rolls

(Old skool- Multi-skool)
Once per combat, the Archmage may give up the (Renaissance Caster) bonus, and take the bonus of another caster Class until the end of the combat. (This can be done only before attack rolls)

Spell breaker:
(Elite)

(I break spellcasters more than spells)
+10 to defense rolls against casters.
+5 to attack rolls against casters.

(I R haz ur magik)
Once per combat, whenever a positive buff or heal spell would be cast succesfully by an opponent, the Spellbreaker may roll. If the roll is over 50, he may choose any new target for the buff or heal.

Gladiator: +1 hp, +2 on attack rolls in organised combat, +10 on initiative rolls in organised combat.
Comments and feedback welcome!

If you play a Prestige character and are interested in using the system, just drop the prestige's name in the thread and I'll look at it and get back to you on how I'd customise its class bonus.
Hmmm... Good concept, fair roll modifiers. Although I don't know how well this concept will be accepted by the community. In any case, bravo!
Didn't intend this as something to be swallowed up by the community, just something for the folks that like it.

Thankiez ^^.
I'm quite interested in using this some time.

What would the modifier be for a Demon Hunter?

Char name is Falathorei

His IC abilities can be found here.
...Dave, I love this. It's simple enough to memorize, easy to adapt, and it reflects racial and class abilities very well. I'm definitely going to use this next time I participate in a roll battle.

More out of curiosity than anything, what sort of modifiers would a Steamwarrior get?
Yarr, I will likely use this in the future. Just for fun, I may test it OOCly to see if I like it in action as much as I do on paper. :)
I would also like to throw up Necromancer, I would be interested on your input.

Really, because, Necromancer's only real bonus versus other arcane users is that they can spawn up and control undead minions. Everything else seems just like your average spell.

Let me know what you can come up with. :3
Demon Hunter: (All three bonuses)

(Elite)

(Dark Hunter)
+2 HP
+10 attack VS Warlocks, Demons (and similar)
+5 attack VS Death Knights, Shadow Priests, Blood Elves, Demon Hunters, Undead, Necromancers

(Demon Fire)
The Demon Hunter may activate (Immolation/Enrage-ness/DemonForm) until the end of the combat, recieving +7 to all attack rolls and -5 to all defense rolls.

Steam warrior:

(Elite)

(Power-)
+5 on attack rolls

(-Armor)
+1 HP, +5 on all defense rolls.

Malfunction: Being hit with an attack of a natural 97-100 disables the (Power-) and (-Armor) bonuses.
Just out of curiosity, could you do a list for Fel Sworn? Would be neat to see what they get.
Necromancer:
(Elite)

(Dead skin)
Cannot be critted except by Elites.

(Minions)

You may start combat with a minion of X+1HP and -10 on all rolls, where X is the number of opponents.
-or-
You may spend a turn to summon two minions of X HP and -10 on all rolls, where X is the number of opponents. (Only once/combat)
I love this concept. Mind thinking up modifiers for a Beastmaster?
Hmm, I like this, how do you think you'd do a Ley Walker?

There spells are a bit uniquer.

Here are the main ones used in battle;

http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Ley_Walker Here's the thread, it's a quick read.

And spells that would be used are.

Ley Spells - Which is basically just increases the attack of all spells cast, Ley Walkers may increase spell haste, as in the article. Then it could be taken a step further where they join in a lot of ley energy which makes it very powerful, but only usable three times a day.

Ley Healing - Which is basically, up to three times a day, a ley walker may perform a -powerful- heal upon one's self. Like powerful enough to bring your hand back.

Ley Shield - A powerful shield created out of ley energies that allow any magic attacks performed, to simply strike it and fade away.
The Warlock's ability. . . That would be -so- fun to RP!
I know, right?! Insta-victory = yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4