Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Battle for Stonetalon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: alliance_banner.png] THE BATTLE FOR STONETALON [Image: horde_banner.png]

Months have gone by since the signing of the non-aggression pact between the Horde and the Alliance. During this time there has been a period of great celebration, both factions enjoying an unsteady but welcome peacetime after the defeat of the Scourge in Northrend. However, while most go about their lives in relative relaxation, tensions mount elsewhere. Despite the Horde's best will to honor the current pact, farther from Thrall's seat of power in Durotar, faction violence occurs in sporadic bursts. Along the Mor'shan Rampart in the Barrens Darnassian troops wage war on occasion- Ambushes within Ashenvale leave Elven supply routes unsafe. Even wtihin the Barrens Horde ships find themselves fired upon by the cannons of Northwatch, and in return fire up at the passing flying machines of the Dwarven hold of Bael Modan.

S T O N E T A L O N

[Image: StonetalonMap.jpg]

The mountain passes and valleys of Stonetalon are not without exception. High up amongst the Stonetalon Peak the Night Elves watch the barbaric orcs scurry to and fro down the path, felling more and more of the ancient forestland and slaughtering its natural inhabitants. Likewise the honorless elves peer out from the shadows, taking the lives of the laboring lumberjacks amidst their work, leaving no proof other than a clean strike into the back with a blade.

Tensions mount, but so far they have gone unsparked- The inhabitants of Stonetalon watch one another with wary and shifty eyes, waiting and biding their time until the other makes their move. With both posts at a fair distance from their home, there is little promise of quick aid from Orgrimmar.

WHAT?

This event chain will be a series of PvE events centered around a campaign for war in the contested region of the Stonetalon Mountains. Events will span both Alliance and Horde factions, and effectively every race will be included, later if not at first. The events are set to emulate a true war-like environment, with a struggle between both factions not only to overtake the enemy, but to defend and keep their claim upon the mountain. The events will not just be limited to ground fighting- As the need arises troops will find themselves sent to battles at sea, and thrown into the air to participate in battles as well.

WHO?

Everyone is viable to participate at any point, though later missions will make involvement with non-orc or night elf characters to easier to explain. Amongst the factions involved in the battle will be:

Quote:
[Image: horde.png]

THE HELLFORGED HONORGUARD

The Hellforged Honorguard, spearheaded by Warlord Garin Elfcleaver, is a military unit located in and around the Barrens, primarily working the borders of the Horde territories. The Honorguard consist mostly of Tauren, Trolls, and primarily Orcs.

THE ECHO OF LORDAERON

A collection of Undead ships known as the Echo of Lordaeron join the battle on the Horde's faction. Since the Wrathgate there have been military units offering aid, looking to improve their image with the rest of the Horde. The Echo of Lordaeron's chemists, however, do not look so keen to avoid use of any toxins.

The Echo of Lordaeron contains Blood Elves ferried to the battle from Silvermoon, as well. They are largely made up of Forsaken.

[Image: alliance.png]

THE STONETALON SENTINELS

The primary Alliance force on the mountain is undoubtedly the Stonetalon Sentinels. From their posts along the mountain peak the sentinels have taken up a habit of observing the Horde forces in their midst, and have on occasion engaged in acts of aggression on Horde build teams. Their kills are easily distinguished, but so far they have denied any connection to the assaults.

The Stonetalon Sentinels primarily consist of Night Elves, though Draenei allies have been seen working amongst them as of late.

STROM'S FIST

A seafaring contingent formerly based out of Stromgarde, the Strom's Fist fleet are largely employed as a protection unit for vessels faring from Stormwind to Theramore. Captained by the veteran Henry Arkenstone, the fleet is an unwelcome sight to any pirate crew on the seas.

Strom's Fist mainly consists of Humans, with some Dwarves.

THE FIREBRAND BRIGADE

From the fortress of Bael Modan hails the Firebrand Brigade. The Brigade is comprised of Gnomes and Dwarves, and largely keep to the mountain fortress to protect their dig site.

The Firebrand is composed of Dwarves and Gnomes.

WHEN?

Events are currently slated to begin on Monday, April 4th. The events planned on this day are:

EVENT 0: POWDER KEG
-Horde event beginning from the Sunrock Retreat in Stonetalon. Horde traveling around the area are invited to join in a hunting party.

EVENT 1: FIRST SHOT
-Alliance event beginning at Stonetalon Peak. All Alliance forces in the region of Stonetalon are requested to come and serve in combat.

Events seem to be set to take place around 4:00 PM server time, and the second event will be starting shortly after the first. It is notable that the first event is set to run rather short, and there will be significantly few slots open compared to the future events.
Liking the look of this <3
Do want.

Dowantdowantdowantdowantdowant. <3
I'd gladly take part in this, if I can make it online for it.

Consider Fin'thori as a likely cantidate to aid in the fight as an emissary from the Farstriders, and for Don's brother Clint to make his first appearance outside closed RP aboard the Strom's Fist with his aircraft.
... Do want.

Dalar can om nom nom in bear form, while.. Oh, I don't know.. Krian could lead a squad of Blood Knights to the area. I don't exactly think Redis is officially with the Forsaken even if he pledged loyalty to Sozun the Shadow Ascendant. So.. /shrug
Harthor...or Veron...

Shaman, or Warrior...

Horde, or Horde.

FOR THE HORDE!
For the Horde!
Spoiler:
[Image: house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg]

Sounds cool, may need to make an orc or maybe a troll to participate. My Tauren can't participate as he is very diplomatic and is especially friendly with Night Elves.
The White Sun will wave a pretty little Alliance flag in a show of patriotism. And summon several infernals on the Hellforged base camp.

Remarkably reminds me of the dubious legality of Warlockery, noted as something to be answered in the Lore FAQ.

Of course, who in their right mind would reveal themselves as a darkcaster when working with Night Elves?
LostStranger Wrote:The White Sun will wave a pretty little Alliance flag in a show of patriotism. And summon several infernals on the Hellforged base camp.

Remarkably reminds me of the dubious legality of Warlockery, noted as something to be answered in the Lore FAQ.

Of course, who in their right mind would reveal themselves as a darkcaster when working with Night Elves?

Tavren.
In that case, I think Del should totally show up.
Or not.
Maybe.
YES GIMME GIMME GIMME NAO!

This sounds amazing! I would gladly have Faeron or Kerok join up and fight!

Then again...I'd love to have Tremor participate. But I mean...he's a Human DK and he doesn't really remember his time alive. If he KNEW he was originally from Lordaeron, he might try to help the Echo of Lordaeron out...but once again, Human.
Gonna comment on a few things!

McKnighter Wrote:Krian could lead a squad of Blood Knights to the area.

I'm actually looking to promote the rise of player-run battalions and such- paramilitary groups which sign in under one banner and all that for this event. The NPC factions will indeed give recognition to battalions that participate heavily.

LostStranger Wrote:Remarkably reminds me of the dubious legality of Warlockery, noted as something to be answered in the Lore FAQ.

While the Night Elves have -very- strong sentiments regarding your heathen ideology, the last thing they want is to offend their allies in the conflict by killing off one of their race. They won't like you, and neither will some parts of the human faction, but the human faction will at least accept your aid as a necessary evil due to the escalating conflict.

Gaiaboy10 Wrote:If he KNEW he was originally from Lordaeron, he might try to help the Echo of Lordaeron out...but once again, Human.

McKnighter Wrote:I don't exactly think Redis is officially with the Forsaken

The Echo of Lordaeron is pretty serious about faction boundaries, and would vehemently deny any association with even a necromancer should they be identified to an Alliance race. While the line blends with undead such as Redis and Death Knights, its safe to assume they could tell the difference between their deaders and the other ones.

Post any more questions you have and I'll tell you wots wot!
Malora will be there.

OLAWD THIS WILL BE AMAZING.
Astus will be fighting for Lordaeron.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6