Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wow.. Long time no see.. (Downpatching)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant remember when it was that I took a break from CoTH to play retail but it was a LONG time ago, my account still exists on here and I really wanna just get back on the servers, unfortunately I have the latest verson of WoW, 4.2ish, and obviously this server is 3.5ish, is there ANY way I can downpatch so I can get back on this server?

(P.S. I am on a mac so that might complicate things)

M xx

(EDIT)

P.s.s. I am on OSX Lion which doesn't support PowerPC Applications, in this situation that means I cant install using the discs)
There is no way to downpatch from a cataclysm install.
You need to start fresh from a WotLK installation and patch up to 3.3.5a manually.

You can get the patches from this page and I believe Kretol has added the WotLK installer exes for both mac and PC on the downloads section.
You sound familiar!

None the less, unfortunately since 4.0 you are no longer able to downpatch thanks to a change in coding.

Thus this means you're going to have to download a new wow folder and patch it to 3.5, luckly we have a link on the site that will download an entire folder of wow patched all the way to 3.5 for you!
If these links work I will officially LOVE YOU ALL :) I'll Post again once I've tried it.

M xx
Okay so I'm now downloading the 'None - 3.0.1' Files, which im guessing is the main folder. Then once that is down I will use the other links ('3.0.1 - 3.0.2' etc) It might take a while seeing as some of these download sites have a waiting time in between downloads but I'm willing to try anything :)

M xx
Okay I've hit a problem: OSX Lion no longer has the support for PowerPC applications, which the installers are on the Game Discs, which Is why I cant use the discs, The download for the 'None - 3.0.1' Wotlk folder from the link you gave me also has one of these installers, which I cant use :( What I really need is a full download of the folder, not a download of the installer to install the folder :( Thankyou sooo much for all the help, I'm going to carry on trying so If you can think of anything that would be great!
What I REALLY need is someone who plays on a mac and has a 3.5.5a folder to upload that whole folder as a zip so I can download it :)
I can't post it now, but I have a link to a 3.3.5a client you can download, no patching required. You'll have to wait one day or so, however.
That would be amazing if it works :) xx
Decided to make it a thread on its own, so people will have it in the future.

This is the thread: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...#pid199963