The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wow.. Long time no see.. (Downpatching)
I cant remember when it was that I took a break from CoTH to play retail but it was a LONG time ago, my account still exists on here and I really wanna just get back on the servers, unfortunately I have the latest verson of WoW, 4.2ish, and obviously this server is 3.5ish, is there ANY way I can downpatch so I can get back on this server?

(P.S. I am on a mac so that might complicate things)

M xx

(EDIT)

P.s.s. I am on OSX Lion which doesn't support PowerPC Applications, in this situation that means I cant install using the discs)
There is no way to downpatch from a cataclysm install.
You need to start fresh from a WotLK installation and patch up to 3.3.5a manually.

You can get the patches from this page and I believe Kretol has added the WotLK installer exes for both mac and PC on the downloads section.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
You sound familiar!

None the less, unfortunately since 4.0 you are no longer able to downpatch thanks to a change in coding.

Thus this means you're going to have to download a new wow folder and patch it to 3.5, luckly we have a link on the site that will download an entire folder of wow patched all the way to 3.5 for you!
If these links work I will officially LOVE YOU ALL :) I'll Post again once I've tried it.

M xx
Okay so I'm now downloading the 'None - 3.0.1' Files, which im guessing is the main folder. Then once that is down I will use the other links ('3.0.1 - 3.0.2' etc) It might take a while seeing as some of these download sites have a waiting time in between downloads but I'm willing to try anything :)

M xx
Okay I've hit a problem: OSX Lion no longer has the support for PowerPC applications, which the installers are on the Game Discs, which Is why I cant use the discs, The download for the 'None - 3.0.1' Wotlk folder from the link you gave me also has one of these installers, which I cant use :( What I really need is a full download of the folder, not a download of the installer to install the folder :( Thankyou sooo much for all the help, I'm going to carry on trying so If you can think of anything that would be great!
What I REALLY need is someone who plays on a mac and has a 3.5.5a folder to upload that whole folder as a zip so I can download it :)
I can't post it now, but I have a link to a 3.3.5a client you can download, no patching required. You'll have to wait one day or so, however.
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.
That would be amazing if it works :) xx
Decided to make it a thread on its own, so people will have it in the future.

This is the thread: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...#pid199963
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapons Don't Exist.. For too long Bingles 16 2,624 07-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Jaella
  Been gone too long! Pawoverlord 5 1,501 09-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Tobeh
  Elapsed Time 10 1,720 09-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Long absence.. shoeboxshoes 1 862 05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Last Post: teege
  Downpatching with Mac? :C Machati 1 604 04-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Thar