Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A King of Hearts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Spoiler:
                                                                                    Love gives you pleasure...
And love brings you pain...                                                                     
[Image: redcard.png]
And yet when both are gone: love will still remain.

A young boy of ten, clothed in the garb of a smith, looks up at a far more regally dressed man. The father straightens a tie, nodding at the mirror as if to test the bounce of freshly combed hair. "Gustav, I will be home late to-night. As it were, the party shouldn't go too late, but I should like time alone with your mother. We'll take a stroll, and be home before twelve to see you in bed."

The boy opened his mouth to speak, a touch of nervous vibrato entering his voice. "Father, I--"
"Now, now, child. You're nearly eleven; I should hope you can bear staying up past the hour of your year for one night." The man chuckled, turning and ruffling the boy's hair before stepping from his house into the chill air of Hearthglen. The man turned from his house, the mock grin on his fade sliding into a dreary expression as his boots clopped along dead dirt. Thoughts tumbled in his head like a storm; surely he couldn't merely leave once he'd joined? What consequences would the strange man enact?

He needed to forget-- to leave the hurt behind. He would find a bar at this get-together, and drink the thoughts away. The last words of the figure in the mist haunted him, "The sun may never set upon your empire, but the Eclipse shall devour that unsetting sun."

The sensation of burning grew upon his brow, and he looked about for the eyes he knew sought him. Slipping away into the city's back alleys, he felt safer behind the buildings and near the walls. The safety did not last as, moments after he had slipped from the main roads, pain erupted in his mind. He felt his hands move by thoughts that were not his, and after a moment he lost all thought.

"You know to much."
The hiss came from the darkness, and as his hand clasped around the rapier at his side he grew terribly afraid. It rose, soon arm eclipsing torso as the tip shot into his skull. Eyes rolled back in his head, and he fell into a pool of scarlet. A small copper diadem was tossed from the shadow, landing tilted on his forehead.

The child waited in his home, hours and hours. None came home.

A strange murder has taken place in Hearthglen, almost in the fashion of suicide but... it is far too strange. The crown found on the body has gems of violet fluorite placed within it, and shattered pieces of a looking glass are found about the corpse. The murder's cause is yet unknown, but perhaps in searching for answers, the character will discover more about themselves than they have ever known.

Application:

Character Name:
Race/Class/Gender:
Personality Traits:
Open-Book: (This event will be more interesting if the antagonist is able to find information about the character involved. Please put information that could be found via mundane means such as family history books or hear-say, and information found via supernatural means, such as prying into the character's mind. Note that this is optional, but it's more fun if you give something!)
Application:

Character Name: Annabelle Greene

Race/Class/Gender: Human/Techno-Priest/Female

Personality Traits: Snarky, watchful, perceptive, relentless in her pursuits, curious, has little patience for vanity, open hearted, seeks redemption in self and others, violence is a last resort.

Open-Book: It's Annabelle. Nose in every kind of baddie business. Well known in Hearthglen, being a Council member. Her being a Bisen isn't hidden, also has ties to another Alterac noble house.

Supernatural? It's been said her mind's strength and defenses rival that of the most skilled shadow users. This comes from much practice, and a leaning toward the Discipline side of priesthood. She has no way to assault via the mind (special set of goggles aside), but if someone worms in, they'll have trouble getting back out if she gets a grip on them.

Confessor Ralerian Eranu'Belore may prefer to dive into a gutter before facing her should that mental potential ever be used for shadow*.

A delver might find hidden guilt over the inability to save certain people. Hidden feelings of inadequacy around fellow humans. Her machinations. Loneliness.

*<3 Ozewse
Application:

Character Name: Dart
Race/Class/Gender: Human/Paladin/Male
Personality Traits: Protector, Compassionate to a fault, Not-the-brightest, stone-willed.
Open-Book: The antagonist can
Skype me. :3
(03-07-2012, 10:48 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Application:

Character Name: Annabelle Greene

Race/Class/Gender: Human/Techno-Priest/Female

Personality Traits: Snarky, watchful, perceptive, relentless in her pursuits, curious, has little patience for vanity, open hearted, seeks redemption in self and others, violence is a last resort.

Open-Book: It's Annabelle. Nose in every kind of baddie business. Well known in Hearthglen, being a Council member. Her being a Bisen isn't hidden, also has ties to another Alterac noble house.

Supernatural? It's been said her mind's strength and defenses rival that of the most skilled shadow users. This comes from much practice, and a leaning toward the Discipline side of priesthood. She has no way to assault via the mind (special set of goggles aside), but if someone worms in, they'll have trouble getting back out if she gets a grip on them.

Confessor Ralerian Eranu'Belore may prefer to dive into a gutter before facing her should that mental potential ever be used for shadow*.

A delver might find hidden guilt over the inability to save certain people. Hidden feelings of inadequacy around fellow humans. Her machinations. Loneliness.

*<3 Ozewse

*Trufax.

Application:

Character Name: Noria Duskbinder

Race/Class/Gender: Sin'dorei, Priest(Shadowmage), female.

Personality Traits: Noria is first off, not a fighter. She despites violence, always taking paths to avoid it. Should it ever be forced, she will pass down the duty to others, or if she must defend herself, she has many spells and abilities to reduce someone's combative abilities to zero.

She isn't arrogant, but she holds a great deal of pride in her work and her status. Should the topic be brought up, she will boast, and discuss how her methods are better than others in the medical field. She does respect those that do work, and are beneficial to any aspect of the business world. From the lowly workers, to the business heads of the world.

While she might've been wild in the past, time has matured her to a more graceful and reserved woman. She does not use her position as a woman to get her way now, focusing on her ability and wit to pass her through conflicts.

While she isn't racist, she generally dislikes most other races simply because they either seem uncivil to her, or that they are generally annoying to deal with. The only race other than her own that have gained her acceptance are the humans. Orcs, Trolls, Forsaken, Dwarfs, and Gnomes are all lumped together as annoying and uncivil. Draenei and Night Elves tend to be hostile, or hold nothing in common with her ideals.

At times, she may adopt a motherly status and take care of younglings that cross her path. Minor gifts, medical attention, or just -attention- are the extent of her care. While she attempts to be professional, pity tends to seep in for those that are truly suffering for no good reason.

On the other hand, she does believe in karma. Should you do something wrong, it will come back to bite you. And she will not give any mercy.

Open-Book: Noria, despite all of her success and power, is lonely and full of regrets and guilt. She loathes her past that literally damned her name till it was near worthless in Silvermoon, and she feels distant from everyone around her. She seeks companionship but finds that nearly everyone she finds never lives up to her standards, which causes further depression and self-hate/pity.

On the other hand, she's also slowly losing control over the arcane corruption that is taking its toll on her physical and mental states. She's worried that she'll become the shadow users that she despites, but cannot bring herself to cease her practice. She's also anguished that her looks are decreasing as age is also effecting her face.

Basically, mid-life crisis.
Character Name: Singe
Race/Class/Gender: Sin'Dorei/Polymath Mage/Male
Personality Traits: Quick witted intellectual meets impulsive ladies man
Open-Book: virtually everything here

While Singe is adept at mental scrying, his use of arcane for mindspace exploration would leave his "channels" fairly open for reading when not on guard. The typical angst of those leading a promiscous life could be found within, aggravated by an insightful mind aware that the wild-boy facade is a self-destructive defense mechanism.

Deepest, one would find him missing the warmth of the light within as well as nostalgia towards Quel'Dorei society.

Application

Character Name Ajoro Longblade
Race/Class/Gender Human, Warrior (Guardian), Male
Personality Traits Fair and wise man. For the case, his high instict and bravery will be noticed.
Open-Book Ajoro is a strong and brave man. Grown into hard times and tough moments. His will and training from his father let's him survive till today, and his talent to war and his lion's heart makes him become a man made for fighting or protecting.
Also! Please PM me times you are available, or specific times that you are NOT available. This will allow me to plan the event(s) easier.
I have several characters available for this I suppose.

Application:

Character Name: Cristovao di Silvio
Race/Class/Gender: Human/Holy Paladin/Male
Personality Traits: Friendly, outgoing, trusting, compassionate, with a hero streak to protect others dear to him, unafraid to hit his problems with a hammer when words fail.
Open-Book: Cristovao's family traces back to Lordaeron's Capital City. There isn't much to him, his past was mundane. Father was one of the first Knights of the Silver Hand, mother was a lay person in the church. Father died in the Dark Portal campaign. Tutored for paladinship in Capital City and Ironforge. Involved in the Argent Dawn. Helped the Exodar relief efforts. Contributed to the Outland war. Was an Argent Crusader fighting at Icecrown. Prying into his mind? You'd have to see that IC :D (read i am too lazy to type down the deep inner psyches of Cristovao)

Application:

Character Name: Hrodebert Rivermouth
Race/Class/Gender: Dwarf/Hunter/Male
Personality Traits: Intelligent but quite rude, and unafraid to smack people around to get a point across or to shut them up. A fiercely loyal friend.
Open-Book: Second and Third War veteran, Bronzebeard and Wildhammer descended. Engineer, game hunter, known adventurer and trader among settlements. Married to an elf, expecting a child, quite open about it since living in Hearthglen. Mind prying can be revealed IC.

Application:

Character Name: Aryeon
Race/Class/Gender: Blood Elf/High Priest/Male
Personality Traits: Wise, reserved, totally devout in the Light, compassionate to all, but holds a deep scorn for his own people's foolishness.
Open-Book: Publicly, Aryeon is well known as a high priest of the Light who has spent much of his priesthood bringing goodwill and the Light to those in need. A true good samaritan in his ways, Aryeon is well known among the elite of Silvermoon for his vagabond lifestyle and his outspoken nature against Blood Elf society.

Breaking into Aryeon's mind would be really, REALLY goddamn hard, given he's a priest of great experience and great ability. And he's picked up some tricks from Ralerian, too, never mind his natural mental discipline. Attempts into his mind will probably be countered and result in Aryeon mind-probing you back to teach you a lesson.
(03-08-2012, 05:58 PM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]I have several characters available for this I suppose.

Application:

Character Name: Cristovao di Silvio
Race/Class/Gender: Human/Holy Paladin/Male
Personality Traits: Friendly, outgoing, trusting, compassionate, with a hero streak to protect others dear to him, unafraid to hit his problems with a hammer when words fail.
Open-Book: Cristovao's family traces back to Lordaeron's Capital City. There isn't much to him, his past was mundane. Father was one of the first Knights of the Silver Hand, mother was a lay person in the church. Father died in the Dark Portal campaign. Tutored for paladinship in Capital City and Ironforge. Involved in the Argent Dawn. Helped the Exodar relief efforts. Contributed to the Outland war. Was an Argent Crusader fighting at Icecrown. Prying into his mind? You'd have to see that IC :D (read i am too lazy to type down the deep inner psyches of Cristovao)

Application:

Character Name: Hrodebert Rivermouth
Race/Class/Gender: Dwarf/Hunter/Male
Personality Traits: Intelligent but quite rude, and unafraid to smack people around to get a point across or to shut them up. A fiercely loyal friend.
Open-Book: Second and Third War veteran, Bronzebeard and Wildhammer descended. Engineer, game hunter, known adventurer and trader among settlements. Married to an elf, expecting a child, quite open about it since living in Hearthglen. Mind prying can be revealed IC.

Application:

Character Name: Aryeon
Race/Class/Gender: Blood Elf/High Priest/Male
Personality Traits: Wise, reserved, totally devout in the Light, compassionate to all, but holds a deep scorn for his own people's foolishness.
Open-Book: Publicly, Aryeon is well known as a high priest of the Light who has spent much of his priesthood bringing goodwill and the Light to those in need. A true good samaritan in his ways, Aryeon is well known among the elite of Silvermoon for his vagabond lifestyle and his outspoken nature against Blood Elf society.

Breaking into Aryeon's mind would be really, REALLY goddamn hard, given he's a priest of great experience and great ability. And he's picked up some tricks from Ralerian, too, never mind his natural mental discipline. Attempts into his mind will probably be countered and result in Aryeon mind-probing you back to teach you a lesson.

[Image: 132981109264.jpg]

Me and Aphe have been talking, and we've decided, for the sake of ease and a more personal touch to each character, to have a character limit of seven. Please only apply with one!

Also, Aryeon is not a very good choice, as half of it will be designed with the mind as the primary target. We don't want to go near that bomb waiting to explode.
If you could add just a bit more on that as well-- I'm borrowing a concept to Kidnapped and adding a type of 'intrigue' with a personal flair! The more you give me about your character, the easier it'll be and... well, more accurate!
I just threw in all my characters for the hell of it. You don't have to get involved with them all or even any of them. They're just who I have floating around Hearthglen.
So those that specialize in mental warfare are not allowed?

There goes Noria.
I have an absolute weakness for murder stories. However, if you only want to limit seven characters, I'll only offer myself as your go-to GM and assistant DM. At least I'll be able to see the story unfold <3
(03-08-2012, 06:36 PM)McKnighter Wrote: [ -> ]So those that specialize in mental warfare are not allowed?

There goes Noria.

Only if there is no way to get information -from- them. If it's impossible to get inside there head even when the character isn't at full-attention, things will get difficult.

edit: At the end of the day, I can work around these things, though.
Well, I can always says Noria has a bad day, and loses. /nod
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5