Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: So, what's up in _____?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is probably going to sound like a rant. It's not directed at a specific person, but this frustrates me and I just wanted to talk about it.

The last few times I've asked what was going on in general or LFG I would get responses that feel either witty or snarky. Most of them are one-worded, sometimes people thought I was trying to chat and told me to move to barrens. I've been getting sick of it. Please, you don't have to respond, but if you do at least say something that could either help the person join the rp if it's joinable, or let them know that it's closed.

Saying rp shouldn't be a suitable response. If the gathering isn't in the OOC cavern we can usually assume it's a roleplay happening. I know there's raiding but most people don't rp in raid areas unless a GM is running a closed event. We can assume most large gatherings are roleplay.

The response should at least be where the rp is and what's going on, like if it's casual or a fight. At least then if we want to avoid combat or conflict we can choose not to show up. Of course the person asking in general or LFG isn't entitled to an answer, but the answers if they come should at least help them figure out if it's an rp to get into.

I've been having a hard time returning to being active and it just kills me a little when I try to find an rp to get into and someone does this to me. Almost every time I'm coming here for a release from stress or boredom and it feels like someone's messing with me and thinking they're being funny. If someone was new to the server and trying to join rp and was a little lost do you think they'd feel welcome by that? If someone was gone for awhile and lacking confidence or just felt out of place do you think that'd help?

Just please if you do it try and be helpful. If you don't want to help someone get into the rp just don't say anything. I know this isn't required but it's one of those things that would make getting into rp a little smoother for those players that just feel out of place and are trying to get in.
If it's a closed RP guys, just say it's closed. But don't go 'having an orgy on the beach lulz' or 'roleplaying' or 'chilling' to whoever is inquiring about it. Tell people where the RP is, and how they can get involved. We are a community. Don't do this to one another, it's not respectful.
Just in my own defense, I usually either shut other chat channels off during RP, or ignore them altogether. I miss LFG responses in the midst of Barrens and Chat rabble, but I'll try to pay a bit more attention to it. You know, just in general, for anyone that asks. ^.^
There's a difference between missing it, and responding with something inane. >.>
Oh the frustration.

"What's going on in _____?"
"RP"
"WELL NO DIP."

We should be more informative. If it's private, just say so. "It's a little closed. Sorry for the inconvenience." Or if it's public, "Oh, well x and y are talking about z" or "Mmhm. X and y are in a fight" or "there some casual RP happening in x location"

No need to be a jerk guys. Sure, I shut off my channels sometimes or just happen to look past it, but being a smarty-pants ain't gonna help anyone.
Not to mention "lol orgy at the beach" stopped being funny after the 209th time it's used.
(03-19-2012, 09:46 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention "lol orgy at the beach" stopped being funny after the 209th time it's used.

Well.. Perhaps the 210th time. You know, multiple of ten and all.. But yeah, I don't entirely like that. I mean I'll say something like that to a player I know personally or am just friends with, but I try not to say that to people I dont know (Not that I answer much anyway) but I hope people read this and think about what they say (And perhaps I'll stop saying it as much to people I do know.)
For the record the orgy at the beach thing isn't allowed as a response anyways. Any sexual topics, even in jest, are supposed to go to adult (so I've seen).
...there's a LFG chat?
Personally I'm sometimes scared to ask to join. I have never had a negative experience it's just I don't want to bother people, or seem like I want in an everyone's business.
Yes, we do have an LFG channel.

Don't be afraid to ask, however. I'm shy myself too, but more often than not, if the RPers aren't trolling you, then they'd invite you to RP. Otherwise, it's the other RPers' responsibility to inform the newcomers of unavailability in the case of a private or closed RP.
If someone told me there was an "orgy on the beach" whenever I inquired about LFG, my response would be "What?! Awesome, I'll bring the sheep!". And then I'd go out of my way to crash in on their RP. Why? 'cause that's how I roll. Be snarky and disrespectful to me, and I'll return it ten-fold.

But I understand your frustration, Wuvvums. Really, I do. I don't bother with LFG and chat for this reason. In the rare event that people are RPing and not dilly-dallying around in Hyjal (YES IT IS A PROBLEM AND I WILL CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NANANANANANAAAAA), they're usually in some closed space with their own little clique that no one can logically break in on. This is one of the reasons why I kept bouncing in and out of the server. The accessibility to RP has become smaller and smaller, up to the point where you can't find it outside of a Flavor Of The Month wave or Guild.

...it makes me kinda sad. Mostly because, a couple years ago I was bitching about "tea time" RP. Does anyone remember that? How everyone complained about Tea-Time?

"People don't do anything! They just sit around in taverns, ordering tea and booze! Freaking Ratchet and Booty Bay are cluttered!".

Ah, how I miss that. Sure, it was dull and uneventful, but at least people were out RP'ing. At least anyone could go up to anyone else and have an In-Character conversation with them. Now, people are content to spend hours locked within Hyjal, using WoW as if it were an IM client.

I know, I know. "If you don't like it, why don't you start up RP yourself, huh?! SMART GUIIIIIII!!!!". People usually ignore RP broadcasts, unless you're about to hold an event or something.

'tis a difficult problem, and I have no idea how to "fix it", if it can even be "fixed".

SEXY BELLY DANCE UPDATE: Also, I have to point out that, once again, COTH has another really polite, cordial, well-thought out 'rant'. I know we like to complain about how whacky our community is at times, but the tone of our 'rants' always make me smile in a good way.

There are individuals, especially among the GM team, who are working double time to create RP for others. It's all about a matter of answering the call.
I have this problem ALL THE DAMN TIME and it never changes. What is you people's problem with just TELLING US WHAT SORT OF RP YOU'RE DOING.

IT IS NOT HARD.

"HEY WHAT'S GOING ON IN PLAGUELANDS?"

"HEARTHGLEN COUNCIL MEETING"

"OK COOL"

See how hard that was? BECAUSE IT'S NOT FREAKIN' HARD.

Or what if it's private?

"HEY WHAT'S GOING DOWN IN ARATHI?"

"PRIVATE RP BETWEEN MARRIED COUPLE, SORRY"

"NAH IT'S MINT DAWG."

Not. Hard. To. Do. It's not like we're asking you to tell us every grotesque detail about your ERP or something, we just want to know what our choices are so MAYBE WE CAN GET IN ON THE RP. Because, you know, when I see 20 people all clumped in Plaguelands, I don't know if they're in Hearthglen, or if they're having an event, or if the event is opened or closed, or if it's PvEing, or WHATEVER.

Yes I mad. I will not deal with it. People tell us Looking For Group is for, well, looking for groups, and yet every time I use it for that function all I get smartass comments and unfunny jokes, which is exactly what IT WASN'T MADE FOR.

Ok I'm better I got that off my chest.
Calm down a bit, Rob.
Pages: 1 2